Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

TheWorldBook
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2015, 2:39 am

I have never typed on here before, of course granted the fact that I am "new" here. Hello everyone, my name is only a mysterious set of syllables. All of our first names are. A little about me. I'm very much of a young recluse, half "wide-eyed idealist" and half "pessimistic cynic." I mostly write and read, my typing can come across as fast and noisy, and I definitely lack a social life (aside from one serious contact).

I have considered joining this website before, and I am unsure how often I will come to visit. I usually hesitate to join forums unless I have a solid reason for it. I guess you could consider me "barely autistic," it may be difficult to tell for some although I suppose I have some "autistic" characteristics. I can definitely confirm that socialization in general is perhaps the "most difficult" act for me to perform. Some social norms are simply too insipid for me to take socialization seriously. While it's natural for us to have our barriers, small talk still annoys me to the core (and I do not like having to do "small talk," although it's much of a necessary evil really).

If your curiosity salivates, just ask more about my character and I could tell you. I have a few questions. How many people go on here? What purpose (or set of purposes) does this website somehow embody? Tell me, because I would like to know. Once again, hola - bonjour - nin hao - konichiwa!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 4:08 am

Hey TheWorldBook welcome. :sunny:

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 10:09 am

Welcome! :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 5:33 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 5:40 pm

Arigato, moshi moshi

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 7:41 pm

Hello there salutations.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 8:01 pm

your name is a mysterious set of syllables. it is lines on a surface. it is a specific set of sounds articulated by the throat. it is not you but at the same time, it is you.

i wish i could have chosen my name. Dror Almagor sounds nice.

typing can be rather noisy. py keyboard especially....staying up until 2 in the morning, trying to type quietly so i don't wake up my folks. i've also preferred text to the spoken word, it's much less tumultuous.

if you don't know you're autistic, if you aren't diagnosed, no worries. it's nice to have as wide of a demographic here as we can...but many here have those same socialization problems. so it happens.

welcome to the club 8) i too hesitated to join the site...and now i can't stop. ugh...

Quote:
How many people go on here?

in total, there's about 92,200 registered members. but only a couple hundred post regularly or so.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.