Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 12:47 pm

Have you used tinder before?

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 1:02 pm

No. I'd be open to meeting random people, but my impressions of Tinder so far suggest I'd get a lot of horny, annoying ones.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 3:24 pm

Yes, and surprisingly I met my boyfriend of two months there.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 7:05 pm

Nope, have not used it. Met my gf before I even heard of Tinder and I based on what I see in examples given on how people are using tinder, I don't want to use it either.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Feb 2015, 2:18 am

I never heard of Tinder till I saw it mentioned in this section recently & I have a girlfriend now.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Mar 2015, 2:32 am

I have not used Tinder, never have and never will. I believe that it's a pointless, useless, and unnecessary application. Tinder, in my own personal opinion, is on the verge of what seems like a form of desperation. I mean, think about it ... for what real reason are you using that service for ?

taiwanluthiers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2015, 3:07 am

A waste of time, maybe my picture was off, I'm in the wrong place or something because nobody would talk to me, and those that do are asking me to sign up to some website to talk to her...

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2015, 6:34 pm

I made one originally as a joke to troll people and see how many matches I could get. I got about 100 matches in the first week I had it, but a lot of the guys on there would flat out ask me to hang out or hook up. They were either trolls or really desperate. I've met some interesting people on there and have been seeing a guy from my University that I met there.

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2015, 6:38 pm

Nope, I need to be friends with a guy for a while before I can fall in love with him and decide if I can see myself dating/ marrying him. I'm not gonna meet someone with the intent of romance on the first day.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2015, 6:39 pm

No. Even if I was looking for someone to date, I wouldn't use a dating site. There's no way of telling whether you would have a connection to the person in real life. To date someone, I would have to get to know them really well in real life first.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2015, 10:18 pm

Sure i'll try it. It ain't going to get any easier to meet women. Who knows? It might work, but chances are it probably won't do anything.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 1:32 am

Nope.. but I have used grindr and other apps/sites, which us homos have had for years. It's mainly used as a hookup app for sure, but there's also dating value in these apps and sites - especially for gay guys, IMO, as it's otherwise an entire additional dimension of social awkwardness trying to figure out who's gay and who isn't. The apps and sites make it a lot easier to meet other gay guys.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 1:36 am

TheAP wrote:
No. Even if I was looking for someone to date, I wouldn't use a dating site. There's no way of telling whether you would have a connection to the person in real life. To date someone, I would have to get to know them really well in real life first.

The point is to use the app to meet people.. check profiles, see that you're near by, chat, determine if you want to meet, then meet in real life and see if you have a connection.

Are you assuming that people use online dating & apps to carry on cyber relationships/long distance relationships? If so, that's simply not the case. They're simply the modern method of introducing people to one another.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 11:39 am

goldfish21 wrote:
The point is to use the app to meet people.. check profiles, see that you're near by, chat, determine if you want to meet, then meet in real life and see if you have a connection.

Are you assuming that people use online dating & apps to carry on cyber relationships/long distance relationships? If so, that's simply not the case. They're simply the modern method of introducing people to one another.

That's true. And I definitely think that dating sites have a purpose--I just don't think they're right for me personally.

taiwanluthiers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Mar 2015, 1:18 pm

I'd use it more if I could get more response. On all of them nobody responded to me, not sure if it's picture or something. Maybe if you look like Brad Pitt or whatever you might get a bunch...

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 7:10 pm

its on my phone, but meh. had two women like me back one yesterday and one today.