When people talk about what they know very little about

Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 10:10 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Is there some sort of irony hall of fame we can submit this to?

I am just presenting the argument media butt out of it because most people don't know what they are talking about and are so removed from the reality, they cannot accurately assess but the media stuck it's nose in, now look.

And yet, if you followed your own advice, you'd post much less...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 10:15 pm

Dox47 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I am just presenting the argument media butt out of it because most people don't know what they are talking about and are so removed from the reality, they cannot accurately assess but the media stuck it's nose in, now look.

And yet, if you followed your own advice, you'd post much less...

You post that because you disagree with my gun views but hey we all know about guns. It's impossible not to.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 10:21 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

So...

If a know-nothing opines on traditional media it's wrong.

But if a know-nothing opines on NEW media it's perfectly alright?

When it's a celebrity it's kinda worse because people tend to think they know more just because they are famous when they might not. Whenever an unknown says stuff, people are prone to take it with a grain of salt anyway. I know I do. Even if it's someone who knows something...still I question it because I know human beings are prone to make errors even when they believe they are correct.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:25 am

aghogday wrote:
Freedom is NOT free;

Never has been never will be.

Some folks are willing to die for IT.

Some folks are willing to be afraid of IT,

and DO in effect eliminate
the greater potential for IT,

by their overall, fearful ways...

ONE and the ONLY THING FOR for sure IS,

"IT'S" ALWAYS AT LEAST, '50 shades of Grey'....

And NOT even

JUST,

RED, WHITE, AND BLUE......

This is good.

This prose-poetry hybrid schtick actually works here.
And it works because "brevity is the soul of wit".

Some humorous wordplay to convey serious social commentary for both Blue Staters, and Red Staters to contemplate (to riff on your color theme).

You ended it at the right place so that it reads like a poem, and not like a psychotic monologue.

Would like to see more examples of this type of post from you.

More of less because less is more.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:47 am

naturalplastic wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Freedom is NOT free;

And NOT even

JUST,

This is good.

Some humorous wordplay to convey serious social commentary for both Blue Staters, and Red Staters to contemplate (to riff on your color theme).

You ended it at the right place so that it reads like a poem, and not like a psychotic monologue.

And don't forget, Bloods are Red, Crypts, Blue and white people aren't really thought of to join either of those gangs. Oops I meant Crips :oops:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 2:10 am

naturalplastic wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Freedom is NOT free;

And NOT even

JUST,

This is good.

Oh Lord, never juDGE a book by its cover. AREN'T YOU 60. HAVEN'T you LEARNED THAT YET...

This is just the frigging Internet, for fun.

Do THIS, below, IN REAL LIFE, and call me back when you 'GROW UP'. ;)

YOU don't even have a REAL face here, ONLINE, AS far as I know; AND thanks for A half HALF A** compliment but you haven't impressed me, YET, AT ALL.

I AM FREE DUDE; totally FREE; I'VE EARNED MY STRIPES A thousand times over likely anything you've done in REAL life.

And that's just A LIKELY FACT...:)..

THREE COLLEGE DEGREES AT THE TOP OF THE CLASS; A government career for a quarter of a century retiring at the top end of government pay grade; owning my own home; married to a woman WHO never ages, and who has always been noted as gorgeous by the ONLOOKING CROWD; and literally scores of girl FRIENDS, AT THE LOCAL RAVE BAR.

OH YEAH, AND TOTALLY FINANCIALLY independent WITH MORE MONEY THAN I can ever possibly spend, never ever having to do anything BUT BE FREE.

BUT LIKE I SAID, 'CALL ME' back when you do something REAL, other than an empty avatar and words on the Internet.

Just a challenge; I meet 'em in REAL LIFE; LIKE a REAL LIFE SUPERMAN, ALMOST EVERYDAY.

AND YEAH, I CAN PROVE IT TOO.....

'Cause I can and 'JUST DO IT', EVEN 'BETTER' THAN 'NIKE' CAN. ;)

This is one of my friends WHO IS A GIRL, WHO IS MY DANCE PARTNER, WHERE I wow THE AUDIENCE every Thursday Night in RAVE STYLE Dance.

I am literally referred to as a DANCE LEGEND IN MY metro area; NOT my words, the words of the audience, almost everywhere I go.

And this is my wife, below, THE 'INDIAN PRINCESS'..

And this is a blog post that includes over one hundred of my other dance partner girl FRIENDS who I excite with smiles, as evidenced in the post.

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/12/09/gods-muse-of-dance/

SOME OF You folks amuse me, almost everyday.

That's why I come here, most of all..

To be inspired by the darkness that 'lives here'...

And Oh MY GOD, It works OH SO WELL..:)

THANK YOU, seriously, you are one of the most amusing ones.

Love ya now..;)

And have a nice day, Mr. thinks he knows it all...;)

I earn it all, by the REAL SWEAT OF MY BROW.

TRUST ME, IT'S 'SUPER' EXCITING TO BE ME..:)

And it's fun like THIS, when 'little' people, question my mental health.

'Cause I have a REAL life, and I for one CAN PROVE THAT, irrefutably as such.

And if I'm psychotic, truly, you SHOULD try it....;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 2:59 am

^^^

Oh yeah.. and considering the OP..

The irony is simply DELICIOUS. :)..

TOO....:)

per folks who talk about what they know very little about....

DUDE.. free verse poetry CAN RANGE FROM A LINE TO A THOUSAND PAGES...OR MORE... even INFINITELY MORE IN METAPHOR....

THAT'S THE WAY it's always been.

FREE VERSE COMES FIRST!

THE so-called guidelines (Anti-thetical as science instead of ART) for poetry are created in the dark ages.. that continue to go.. ON now in some arenas.. MANY DARK CLOSED IN ARENAS..

as well....

AND YEAH..

GOD's Free Verse too..

And 'HE' DOES NOT PLAY by sidewalk rules either....

Robin Williams tEARS the rules out of the DEAD POET SOCIETY book..

years ago..

And SO DO I and i and ! as 1.

Anything goes for TRULY FREE FOLKS....

AND TRULY FREE FOLKS ARE NOT AFRAID OF DIFFERENT..

NEVER EVER AFRAID.. PERIOD.

OH, by the way, the Holy Spirit that IS simply the human subconscious mind unleashed in 'Quantum' mind and body balanced affect and effect IS NOT PSYCHOTIC ALTHOUGH people who are afraid of it often label it as such, as they are simply scaredy cats......or literalists without a heart, soul, or spirit, otherwise known as the ability to experience and give human LOVE.....

And that IS ALL FOR NOW..

LiterAlly For now.

Caution, there are some F words in the literal VIDEO test below, if one chooses to purview it....

Night Night....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC52toizz8U

And the video is called "Literally I Can't".

Not working here, as it does not appear, with code included....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 12:45 pm

:roll:
Who gives a $hit?
A gang-banger haircut does not a gang-banger make.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:48 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
You post that because you disagree with my gun views but hey we all know about guns. It's impossible not to.

No, I posted that because you talk out of your ass a lot, not only on guns. You also don't even seem to recognize your own ignorance, let alone that of the rest of the board, concerning firearms, kind of proving my point.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 2:37 pm

Dox47 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

No, I posted that because you talk out of your ass a lot, not only on guns. You also don't even seem to recognize your own ignorance, let alone that of the rest of the board, concerning firearms, kind of proving my point.

Ignorance about what? You need to take other people's opinions into consideration along with your own. Why is suggesting the ones who deal with this school everyday and actually stepped foot in the building might know more about the situation than some celebrity on a scripted talk show ignorance????? Uh, seems like it would be ignorant to think I know everything about it when I have never even stepped foot in the school. I am not going to sit here and pretend I am some clueless adult who knows nothing about kids and self expression when I was the kid with self expression in my own high school but we didn't have gang bangers and guns. I applaud that principal for putting the safety of her kids and staff before everything else and it should be like that always. If what you are doing is endangering others, then you have to be told you cannot do it.

I am not one for throwing the baby out with the bath water. Let me ask you, who cares if you have freedom of expression if you are murdered by some thug at your school? Fat lot of good self expression gets you then, right? When you are dead, you aren't exactly free to express yourself. You are just dead.

And no principal should ever be stripped of the right to make the decision that will ensure the safety of all involved. That is her call and she or he should be respected for making that call.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:00 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Ignorance about what? You need to take other people's opinions into consideration along with your own.

I think he's just suggesting you often talk much and research little. Different people have different areas of expertise on the forum - some are quite well read/educated on many topics, some just on one or a few, and plenty have a smattering of bits and pieces but not much depth on any given topic.

Part of the challenge with this topic is we haven't seen the show, at least most of us, and the information we get up front - particularly about the haircut - is tenuous. The principal might have had some reason, great reason, no reason, and we simply don't know whether this was a buzz cut in the country or having 'Bloods' shaved into the back of his head in Los Aangeles. We can't make much of a discussion on it because the critical elements for an intelligent or any way analytical discourse simply isn't present in this thread.

I usually let people slide on everything I just pointed out above but - the pretension of the topic title made me feel like it was imperative to at least say something to that effect.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:05 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Ignorance about what? You need to take other people's opinions into consideration along with your own.

I think he's just suggesting you often talk much and research little. Different people have different areas of expertise on the forum - some are quite well read/educated on many topics, some just on one or a few, and plenty have a smattering of bits and pieces but not much depth on any given topic.

Part of the challenge with this topic is we haven't seen the show, at least most of us, and the information we get up front - particularly about the haircut - is tenuous. The principal might have had some reason, great reason, no reason, and we simply don't know whether this was a buzz cut in the country or having 'Bloods' shaved into the back of his head in Los Aangeles. We can't even have much of a discussion on it because the critical elements for an intelligent or any way analytical discourse simply isn't present in this thread.

I usually let people slide on everything I just pointed out above but - the pretension of the topic title made me feel like it was somewhat of an imperative to at least say something to that effect.

But knowledge wasn't even present on that show. It was just nonsense. That was my point. Why even bring it up on a talk show when it's just going to be rhetoric and grandstanding, have little to do with reality, just to score demagoguery points with a demographic? It really pushes my buttons when people do that on talk shows, especially when it's matters of safety. A lot of times it's just common sense and research isn't necessarily needed. It just seems right the people in the situation would know more about it than a talk show and that it isn't appropriate to use such situations to pander to a select few in the audience, the ones who think anyone should do whatever they want at any time and face no consequences whatsoever at the expense of many involved.

I mean, if we wanted to know all about the music industry, I am sure Sharon Osborn would be the ultimate source of info for that and I wouldn't argue with anything she has to say about it but considering, we can all pretty much guess none of her kids went to a school in Houston with gang problems - what would she honestly know about it? Why should we take her seriously because she is famous?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:20 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
But knowledge wasn't even present on that show. It was just nonsense. That was my point. Why even bring it up on a talk show when it's just going to be rhetoric and grandstanding, have little to do with reality, just to score demagoguery points with a demographic?

$$$$

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:21 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
But knowledge wasn't even present on that show. It was just nonsense. That was my point. Why even bring it up on a talk show when it's just going to be rhetoric and grandstanding, have little to do with reality, just to score demagoguery points with a demographic?

$$$$

Yup, it's the ratings game.

Sharon Osborn sets up the either/or situation which happens so much in the media and it is purely a manipulation tactic. If you agree with her, the parent and the kid, you are hip and understanding. If you agree with the principal, you are a dowdy, stodgy killjoy who doesn't understand anything expressive or cool. I totally reject that because I was my school's outcast and non conformist and yet I understand completely where this principal is coming from.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm

It's entertainment.

I remember when my cousin's friends were on Rickie Lake, made up a boyfriend/girlfriend cheating skit, had different other people planted out in the audience as part of the gag, and it turned out that four out of five couples were making it all up as a lucrative prank.

Viewer count means advertising dollars. If enough people were willed to watch a singing/dancing ice cream bar make lewd jokes about dairy for an hour it would push out something else that's either less entertaining or more intelligent - definitely would extinguish the later hands down.

I learned the hard way - I don't own the herd, I'm not responsible for their behaviors, in fact I'm a bit of a freak by their standards and am wasting my life with whatever it is I'm doing (which doesn't include food, drugs, and entertainment to the same extent they prefer it) so I have little to say that they'd want to listen to and I'm learning I have to be fine with that if I don't want to poison myself out with my own cortisol.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:42 pm

I accidently posted what I wanted to post on this thread on different thread by accident but it itches, I want to post it here too haha so here it is:

Anyways I think people these days should seriously relax and have a cup of a hot drink and not go ahead making a big fuss like that over something like a principle or a teacher saying something to their kids, like what is even wrong with you just go talk with the person who said something to your kid if you don't like it, they just said something to them, they didn't cut off a body part from your kid lol. How I hear those days people suing teachers for only shouting at their kids makes me laugh, people would seize that opportunity for suing which is obviously being for their own stupid benefits lol.
I also think if teachers or someone didn't tell something to kids doing useless things like that kids will turn out too spoiled and dumb like so many people those days, jeez, like let there be some rules at least so that people would learn and have some sense of responsibility. Rules are really essential.