Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 6:27 pm

What would be done differently, if government was run by Aspies?

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 6:36 pm

I think it really depends on the Aspie. Honestly I do.

In general, though, I don't think it would appeal to the "general population," which tends to be ruled by immediate, impending passions, rather than by something which is far-seeing and has a logical basis. People will, inevitably, become impatient.

I've always wondered what would have happened if Adlai Stevenson was elected President of the United States, rather than Dwight Eisenhower (though, in retrospect, Eisenhower was actually a pretty decent President). I believe he was the inspiration behind the term "egghead," which was somewhat of a "code term" for one with Aspie characteristics from the 1950s to the 1970s.

Jimmy Carter, with all his "folksiness," attempted to be honest with the American people when he described a "crisis of confidence" in what it meant to be an American This did not go well AT ALL! It was Carter's death-knell as a "credible" President. This was an appeal to "reason" which was quite unsuccessful. It was very Aspie-like, in my opinion.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 7:50 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In general, though, I don't think it would appeal to the "general population," which tends to be ruled by immediate, impending passions, rather than by something which is far-seeing and has a logical basis. People will, inevitably, become impatient.

Hey! I'm just as capable of being reactionary and impassioned too! It's just that the end result has historically been something that would amount to career suicide were I in office.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 8:09 pm

"IF"?

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 8:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
"IF"?

Hahaha!! I was waiting for that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 8:20 pm

Narrator wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"IF"?
So I'm not the only one who has come to that conclusion, eh?

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 8:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
Narrator wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"IF"?
So I'm not the only one who has come to that conclusion, eh?

I think it's almost prerequisite.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 8:50 pm

if someone like me, honestly and more wars. "what did russia do..... send the marines send the marines" I'd sent marines into georgia when the russians invaded, into ukraine. calling their bluff, they don't want war more than we do. I'd try to seriously talk peace with North korea. like go over there and be like look besides crazy idea of unification what can we do for peace and help bring your people into the rest of the world. don't believe in holding a 60 year grudge. I'd end the sanctions on china, seriously been like 30 years and we friendly now, why still sanctioning them. just like 60 years from now even if russia becomes allies we'll still have sanctions, our leaders don't' remove them o.O I'd hope wars could be avoided with honest straight to point talks. "look you know this is bad, We know this is bad, lets find another way to solve this or I guarantee troops on the ground and tanks rolling." you mess with my friends better be prepared to deal with us. a nation that actually does what it says and fulfills our treaties. but I'm peaceful so I'd spend most my time attempting to bring agreements, just be prepared to actually back up what we say.