Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 7:17 pm

I was out earlier, slow going in the snow, so I listened to a local news radio station in the car and heard one of the local talk show hosts prattle on about how today is Muslim Day in the state and he said he wanted all Mosques in the state to be on a watch list and to have all their members on one and it be mandatory because "we don't know who is radicalized and who isn't. We also don't know who will become radicalized and who will not," and that really got me to thinking about gun violence in the US which is actually worse, when you really think about it. than what ISIS or ISIL has done to Americans. More Americans die from gun violence everyday in America than the number of Americans ISIL kills on any given day, in other words.

So by the same logic, shouldn't all gun owners be on a watch list since we don't know who is going to flip out and kill people and who isn't and we also don't know who might potentially flip out and kill someone?

If someone mentioned that to this guy, he would blow a gasket.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 8:38 pm

here we go again >.<

also people fear isis cause when terrorist attack they kill thousands of people in one go, their goal is to blow up whole cities with nukes killing millions of people. this is why isis is worried about. and just cause they dont' kill many americans doesn't' get rid of the hundreds of people they've already killed. life is life regardless of where they come from.

as for the talk show, guy is clearly racist and antiislamic? doesn't mean you fight crazy with more crazy.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I was out earlier, slow going in the snow, so I listened to a local news radio station in the car and heard one of the local talk show hosts prattle on about how today is Muslim Day in the state and he said he wanted all Mosques in the state to be on a watch list and to have all their members on one and it be mandatory because "we don't know who is radicalized and who isn't. We also don't know who will become radicalized and who will not," and that really got me to thinking about gun violence in the US which is actually worse, when you really think about it. than what ISIS or ISIL has done to Americans. More Americans die from gun violence everyday in America than the number of Americans ISIL kills on any given day, in other words.

So by the same logic, shouldn't all gun owners be on a watch list since we don't know who is going to flip out and kill people and who isn't and we also don't know who might potentially flip out and kill someone?

Makes sense to me.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 10:04 pm

I honestly believe if all Muslims were dangerous, we would see a lot more violence in this country from Muslims. The numbers do not back it up. We should guard against undue paranoia.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 10:49 pm

1) Stop listening to trash "shock radio" hosts. They exist to get people riled up. Most should be familiar with Michael Savage, who has accused autistics of faking it, and who was reeling off all the ways the world would end the day after Obama was elected. Turns out "Savage"'s real last name is Weiner, and he was a Jewish intellectual at a university until he decided that radio paid better. Rush Limbaugh? He is from small town Missouri, and even if you're from the local big fish family like he is, there isn't much opportunity in rural Missouri, unless you want to be a meth dealer. So he split, and literally invented shock radio when he was at KFBK in Sacramento, CA. Howard Stern? See Michael Savage-Stern is such a Jewish name that it's hard to get much more Jewish. At least he uses his real name-Savage/Weiner isn't even that honest. Who else?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 11:12 pm

pezar wrote:
1) Stop listening to trash "shock radio" hosts. They exist to get people riled up. Most should be familiar with Michael Savage, who has accused autistics of faking it, and who was reeling off all the ways the world would end the day after Obama was elected. Turns out "Savage"'s real last name is Weiner, and he was a Jewish intellectual at a university until he decided that radio paid better. Rush Limbaugh? He is from small town Missouri, and even if you're from the local big fish family like he is, there isn't much opportunity in rural Missouri, unless you want to be a meth dealer. So he split, and literally invented shock radio when he was at KFBK in Sacramento, CA. Howard Stern? See Michael Savage-Stern is such a Jewish name that it's hard to get much more Jewish. At least he uses his real name-Savage/Weiner isn't even that honest. Who else?

A lot of people believe what these folks say and this guy was local, too, not some national syndication like Rush or Sean Hannity. It's obvious about Savage because he is very pro Israel on his show. Sure, he might not be Jewish, just pro Israel but it's no surprise to learn he is Jewish.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2015, 1:31 am

You know you just opened up a industrialized sized can of crazy don't you?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:44 am

chagya wrote:

Just because I pointed out the irony?

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2015, 2:09 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
chagya wrote:

I agree that we have issues with gun violence in the US but your remedy is beyond extreme, and I am sure you have already witnessed the level of cracker soup the gun extremists in WP are capable of when someone voices a gun opinion the resident "experts" disagree with.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 2:35 am

chagya wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
chagya wrote:

I agree that we have issues with gun violence in the US but your remedy is beyond extreme, and I am sure you have already witnessed the level of cracker soup the gun extremists in WP are capable of when someone voices a gun opinion the resident "experts" disagree with.

It is not my remedy. I just suggested it as a parallel measure. We could identify the hidden jihadist as well as the potential mass shooter both at the same time, that is, if such a measure would even work in the first place which I wonder if it would?