Would you date a girl who doesn't wear dresses?

Page 1 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 8:38 am

I once dated, and was wildly turned on by, a girl who only wore torn-up jeans and tee shirts with safety pins.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:35 pm

I'm super worried that when I go on an anti-depressant that I'll gain so much weight to the point where I can't wear women's clothes.

Let's face it! Guys won't be attracted to me if I get put on an anti depressant and gain to a size 26 or over. I've gotten to the point in my life where if I'm not some "smokin' hot blonde who is a total package" I'm screwed as far as ever being happy goes. The only way I'll ever be satisfied with myself is if I walked down the street and guys flirt with me and whistle at me.

I'm happy with my personality. Video games make me are really, along with writing, the only thing that makes me happy anymore. The only thing I need to be complete is being attractive to men.

I also love my cat because cats don't judge.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:44 pm

I think dresses are cute, but it definitely wouldn't stop me from dating someone. Been there, done that.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I could care less

Do you know, that phrase really irritates me for some reason. It's "I couldn't care less", surely?

As for me: I can't really comment as I'm unlikely ever to have a girlfriend but there are loads of women out there who don't necessarily wear dresses. Hell, wearing just jeans is quite common here so, yeah, I'm sure you'd find someone that would float your boat.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I'm super worried that when I go on an anti-depressant that I'll gain so much weight to the point where I can't wear women's clothes.

Let's face it! Guys won't be attracted to me if I get put on an anti depressant and gain to a size 26 or over. I've gotten to the point in my life where if I'm not some "smokin' hot blonde who is a total package" I'm screwed as far as ever being happy goes. The only way I'll ever be satisfied with myself is if I walked down the street and guys flirt with me and whistle at me.

I'm happy with my personality. Video games make me are really, along with writing, the only thing that makes me happy anymore. The only thing I need to be complete is being attractive to men.

you want people to harass you on the street? o.O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 5:55 pm

Weight has more effect on your dating chances and attractiveness to the general male population - it's really not the dresses. Generally speaking skinny/slender guys would be less likely to find you attractive.

But I think you realize that.

Saying that, a lot of overweight guys won't mind dating you (there are plenty of overweight couples) - but have you ever considered them?

Quote:
The only way I'll ever be satisfied with myself is if I walked down the street and guys flirt with me and whistle at me.

You may want to go Egypt then, a lot of men there like meat on women and a lot would whistle at you in the street.

But be warned, they also have high rates of sexual harassment tho, and the street-whistling behavior is really the softest form of it.

BRew23
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2015, 8:50 am

You shouldn't worry about it. There are a lot of different guys and some of them don't like dresses. You just have to wait for a while and you will find the boyfriend of your dream or you can take the situation in your hands and start looking him on different dating sites like kovla.com/datings/us/columbia.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 9:04 am

You have a nice face, and you seem personable enough.

Confidence is the key, IMHO.

Ever heard of the term "large and in charge?"

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 4:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You have a nice face, and you seem personable enough.

Confidence is the key, IMHO.

Ever heard of the term "large and in charge?"

Yes I have :D

My waist went up to 48" today, but I've been doing crunches and eating very little (like 800 to 1200 calories at times) and I still can't get my waist down. All of my clothes are tight around my stomach, but are fine on my chest and hips.

The reason why I fear gaining above a size 20 is because I see women larger than me wear elastic waist jeans, men's t-shirts, running shoes and wear their hair in a greasy up-do, but I've also seen women bigger than me wear cute feminine clothing. Plus sizes go up to a 6x. If I gain weight on my future ant-depressant and gain above a 2x/3x I am promising myself that I won't give into that sort of look (the elastic waist jeans and men's shirts). There are plenty of woman's clothes that go up to a 4x, 5x, 6x.

Sometimes I wonder if that look is a preference because I've seen women bigger than me in those kinds of clothes as well as women who dress pretty and feminine.

vanille
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

Wear what makes you feel good. :)

Let's face it! Guys won't be attracted to me if I get put on an anti depressant and gain to a size 26 or over. I've gotten to the point in my life where if I'm not some "smokin' hot blonde who is a total package" I'm screwed as far as ever being happy goes. The only way I'll ever be satisfied with myself is if I walked down the street and guys flirt with me and whistle at me

Altought, it seems to me that the dress may only be the tip of the iceberg. I don't know why you would need to take anti depressant, but if you do, you could try to discuss your fears with your physician, your pharmacist or your psychiatrist. Maybe there are some alternatives or even pills that have less effects on weight. Also, maybe you could join some kind of support group or online groups about body positivity. Seeking profesionnal help is also an option if you feel depressed because sometimes you need a therapist to help you understand why you feel this way.

Now, no one has ever whistled at me and I think it is a good thing because I would not like to be harassed on the street. You talk about very extreme opposites : being fat with greasy hair and elastic pants (ugly) or being a smoking hot blonde (perfect). Most people do not fall under either of these categories. Instead, they have their qualities and their flaws. :wink:

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 9:46 pm

vanille wrote:
Wear what makes you feel good. :)

Let's face it! Guys won't be attracted to me if I get put on an anti depressant and gain to a size 26 or over. I've gotten to the point in my life where if I'm not some "smokin' hot blonde who is a total package" I'm screwed as far as ever being happy goes. The only way I'll ever be satisfied with myself is if I walked down the street and guys flirt with me and whistle at me

Altought, it seems to me that the dress may only be the tip of the iceberg. I don't know why you would need to take anti depressant, but if you do, you could try to discuss your fears with your physician, your pharmacist or your psychiatrist. Maybe there are some alternatives or even pills that have less effects on weight. Also, maybe you could join some kind of support group or online groups about body positivity. Seeking profesionnal help is also an option if you feel depressed because sometimes you need a therapist to help you understand why you feel this way.

Now, no one has ever whistled at me and I think it is a good thing because I would not like to be harassed on the street. You talk about very extreme opposites : being fat with greasy hair and elastic pants (ugly) or being a smoking hot blonde (perfect). Most people do not fall under either of these categories. Instead, they have their qualities and their flaws. :wink:

I agree with wearing what makes me happy. In fact, I like my clothes to be form fitting and somewhat tight because baggy clothes are a sensory issue. Same thing with elastic waist pants.

I'm going on anti-depressants for some very personal reasons, but thanks :D

Anyway, I get to go shopping next week. Now I can shop and enjoy my new clothes and stuff!

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 10:23 pm

I would date a girl who doesn't wear dresses, but I would want her to wear one once in a while just for me. She doesn't have to go out like that.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 10:34 pm

I haven't worn a dress in over 10 years, and am happily married.
I do wear a skirt around the house sometimes, but it's a long, flowing, hippie sort of thing. Very earth-motherish.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 4:40 am

YippySkippy wrote:
I do wear a skirt around the house sometimes, but it's a long, flowing, hippie sort of thing. Very earth-motherish.

Heh, me too.

Oh and to answer the question, yes I would date a woman who doesn't wear dresses, or a man who does :D

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 10:30 am

This is just a thought...

What if women have different views on what they think men will find attractive then what men truly think is attractive?

or...

What if men have different views on what they think women will find attractive then what women truly think is attractive?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 10:35 am

What you said is absolutely true.

It ALL depends upon the individual person.