Would you date a girl who doesn't wear dresses?

Page 4 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 11:29 pm

outlander wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
No cloths at all would be awesome!
You are absolutely correct. Besides being an Aspie, I am a naturist. I sometimes go for days without wearing clothes (unless you count the shoes for my very tender feet) I walk for hours in my woods with nothing on. It is probably part of my Aspiness, but my hyper responsive nervous system gives me absolutely wonderful feelings as the breeze bathes the entirety of my body. Curiously enough with all my skin bare my body temperature is able to self regulate for a surprising range of air temperatures. Whole body exposure to cool air causes my metabolism to ramp up to keep me warm, and if it is too hot perspiration can evaporate from the entirety of my body to cool me. I can do heavy labor or slowly amble through my woods and meditate in comfort with pleasant stimulations, It is a great way to meditate and reliably brings a sense of peace and well being. Fall and Spring are the best as there is more variety to the environment and a lot fewer bugs, especially ticks.

Your woods? Is this public woodland near your place, or do you have woodland on your own property? If the latter, I'm very envious :) I'd run around naked in my own woods too! (Or bush, as we call it here, which sounds like no less of an innuendo :P)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 2:03 am

You quickly lose all interest in being naked when in the forest/bush if it's remotely serious country (which Oz tends to be).

outlander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2015, 8:31 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Your woods? Is this public woodland near your place, or do you have woodland on your own property? If the latter, I'm very envious :) I'd run around naked in my own woods too! (Or bush, as we call it here, which sounds like no less of an innuendo :P)

In retirement we bought a home on about 10 acres(4.05 hectares) with a 1.8 acre (.73 hectare) pond and due to a screwup in the title, and title insurance our holding doubled to about 20 acres(8.1 hectares) About 3/4 of this is wooded and besides the pond the rest is lawn or open field. The additional 10 acres are all wooded with growth mostly being 20 years old and the other woods probably 40 to 60 years growth. All of it was too dense to easily move through so I set about cutting trails through it and now have something like 1 to 1.5 miles (1.6 to 2.5 Km) of trails through it, front to back and side to side. I keep the trails clear with a riding mower, and the soil being slightly acid the trails develop a carpet of green moss. Essentially the property is a private park. We share it with Deer Racoons, Possums, Turkey Rabbits, Squirrels and assorted other wildlife. I am a bit of a "piker" as one of the other naturists not too far away has a similar place of about 100 acres (40.47 hectares) on a south slope mountain side with two streams and a lake, a pond and several springs and a small log second home he escapes to from the city.

If you want to see my woodlands, I have a gallery of photos atChristian Naturist Village, (I am known there as "Bare_Truth") but you will have to hang around there long enough to get 10 posts before you get gallery access. Just a curious aside, there are a surprising number of Aspies there, I have come to the opinion that there must be some sort of affinity for being clothes free among aspies. There are many countries represented there and we also have some Aussie's there but we probably have more Aspies than Aussies.

So now returning to the original posters subject/question "Would I date a girl who doesn't wear dresses?": Yes! If I were not married, I would, but preferably if she was comfortable wearing nothing when in a naturist venue. However I will not be on the dating market unless I were a widower, and I would never want that because I have the most wonderful caring gentle wife :heart: who can actually understand and accept my Aspiness AND my penchant for wandering about starkers, 8O even though she partakes in neither.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 4:55 pm

outlander wrote:
So now returning to the original posters subject/question "Would I date a girl who doesn't wear dresses?": Yes! If I were not married, I would, but preferably if she was comfortable wearing nothing when in a naturist venue. However I will not be on the dating market unless I were a widower, and I would never want that because I have the most wonderful caring gentle wife :heart: who can actually understand and accept my Aspiness AND my penchant for wandering about starkers, 8O even though she partakes in neither.

Your property sounds beautiful, and your relationship does, too--I'm happy for you. Your post has me SOL (smiling out loud)! :wink:

vercingetorix451
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2015, 5:49 pm

I'm in the camp that someone should wear whatever they want and what they are comfortable with. Their body, their decision.

LovingGaijin
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2015, 5:56 am

Dating a girl who doesn't wear dresses...I'd be fine with that. Of course, I'd still like her to look presentable. You know, nice.It doesn't necessarily have to be a dress she's wearing. Of course, love is more than looks.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 10:46 am

I didn't even know that not wearing dresses would be a deal breaker for men. I think that men don't care as much about fashion as women do.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2015, 2:19 pm

KimD wrote:
Lazar: you're not likely going to have another date after you try to dress a woman up. The mere idea that you think you could find something that fits her when you barely know her, that you understand what her tastes might be when it comes to something she doesn't want in the first place, and that she wouldn't be sorely tempted to knock you into the next century is a major red flag! She ain't Barbie, and Julia Roberts' "Pretty Woman" was a prostitute!

What makes you think I'd try to buy a dress for a woman that I barely know? I'd wait to get to know her(in the biblical sense) and then I'd try to find a dress that fits her(might even take measurements) but I'm not going to do that on the 1st or 2nd dates for cryin' out loud! She ain't barbie cuz most likely she's a REAL woman and not a blonde beanpole(I don't date slender women FYI).

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 6:06 pm

Lazar, when I said that you wouldn't likely get another date after buying a dress and shoes for a woman, I meant that most women would seriously consider dumping you at that point. When I said your date wouldn't be Barbie, I meant that a woman is not a toy to be dressed up by "her man."

Even if I accept that your intentions are good, I stand by my original comment: I don't know any women (and I know MANY) who would be pleased with a man who'd buy her a dress, ESPECIALLY if she doesn't already wear them! Don't even get me started on the high heels. If you want to start/maintain a genuine relationship with a woman whose garb you'd rework for her (unless she specifically asks you), reconsider your compatibility.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2015, 11:03 am

KimD wrote:
Lazar, when I said that you wouldn't likely get another date after buying a dress and shoes for a woman, I meant that most women would seriously consider dumping you at that point. When I said your date wouldn't be Barbie, I meant that a woman is not a toy to be dressed up by "her man."

Even if I accept that your intentions are good, I stand by my original comment: I don't know any women (and I know MANY) who would be pleased with a man who'd buy her a dress, ESPECIALLY if she doesn't already wear them! Don't even get me started on the high heels. If you want to start/maintain a genuine relationship with a woman whose garb you'd rework for her (unless she specifically asks you), reconsider your compatibility.

Well I did buy a dress and shoes for a woman and she appreciated it(my ex). The reason we broke up is because she was knocked up with her previous bf's baby and I really could not accept her baby since I'm not its biological father but that's a birdwalk. In fact, she really reworked MY garb for me and got me to dress better which I'm actually rather grateful for(at least I got something out of that whole sordid affair!).

But yeah, a woman who would dump me just because I bought her a nice dress when she normally doesn't wear them is NOT the kind of woman I want to be in a relationship with. Stubbornness about stuff like that is a huge turn-off to me. It's not a problem for me that she doesn't wear dress and heels, but it would be if she refused to wear them *ever*, at all.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 7:06 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
It's not a problem for me that she doesn't wear dress and heels, but it would be if she refused to wear them *ever*, at all.

So if your girlfriend bought a dress and heels for you, you wouldn't refuse to wear them?

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 7:45 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

Well I did buy a dress and shoes for a woman and she appreciated it(my ex). The reason we broke up is because she was knocked up with her previous bf's baby and I really could not accept her baby since I'm not its biological father but that's a birdwalk. In fact, she really reworked MY garb for me and got me to dress better which I'm actually rather grateful for(at least I got something out of that whole sordid affair!).

But yeah, a woman who would dump me just because I bought her a nice dress when she normally doesn't wear them is NOT the kind of woman I want to be in a relationship with. Stubbornness about stuff like that is a huge turn-off to me. It's not a problem for me that she doesn't wear dress and heels, but it would be if she refused to wear them *ever*, at all.

I'm very sorry that your ex cheated on you; I can only imagine how painful it must have been. I hope that your days are much brighter now.

I feel that maybe you're still missing the point I'm trying to make about buying a dress and shoes for a woman. The most likely reasons a woman wouldn't want someone to just up and buy her a dress and shoes have nothing to do with a woman being stubborn, but with a woman feeling insulted and perhaps manipulated. The clothes would likely send a message that you think she's not capable of dressing herself, that you think you can do it better, that you don't "approve" of what she's already wearing, that she doesn't have a mind of her own and a right or the ability to make her own choices. Most women would question their future with someone who'd do that to them when they're starting out, and some might feel hurt even after they'd become an actual couple.

I'm glad that your ex appreciated the purchase you made for her and that you benefitted from her fashion advice; when you have a close relationship like that and know each other well enough, it can be fine. However, it usually works best as a cooperative experience that two people are willing and able to enjoy together--especially if one is trying to pick out shoes because finding a decent fit--much less a comfortable one--in women's shoes is almost impossible to do for someone if she's not there to try them on!

To nit-pick: the original question was about a woman attracting a potential mate without wearing dresses. I would hate to see anyone on this forum botch a potential relationship by presenting a date with clothes that s/he probably doesn't want. It might be obvious to some not to do that, but then again, maybe not to all. I'm elaborating here so that readers who either need or want some info on such an unusual "gift" could get some insight.

Last edited by KimD on 22 Mar 2015, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 7:51 pm

I’m starting to think the true purpose of heels is to use them to get back at those who clumsily step on the woman’s toes while dancing with her, like I inevitably would :jester:

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2015, 1:54 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
It's not a problem for me that she doesn't wear dress and heels, but it would be if she refused to wear them *ever*, at all.

So if your girlfriend bought a dress and heels for you, you wouldn't refuse to wear them?

Erm, I'm straight, male, and not a cross-dresser homes. Men look stupid in dresses and skirts since they don't have the hips for em anyway.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 4:07 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

Erm, I'm straight, male, and not a cross-dresser homes. Men look stupid in dresses and skirts since they don't have the hips for em anyway.

But what if SHE thinks they look good on you and you should wear them, at least once, just like you think she should?

AspieAnnie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2015, 9:25 am

Dear, I don't wear dresses, or heels, or perfume. I wear only concealer and a little blusher sometimes. I don't style my hair (only wash then brush). I only use water and shampoo in the shower (no other smellies). I don't dress seductively either. It hasn't affected my eligibility to men in any way. In fact, I have had more problems with unwanted advances then lacking advances. Just be yourself, and make true friends with anyone you are interested in. If your friendship grows into more, what you wear won't matter x