Would you date a girl who doesn't wear dresses?

Page 5 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AspieAnnie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2015, 9:25 am

Dear, I don't wear dresses, or heels, or perfume. I wear only concealer and a little blusher sometimes. I don't style my hair (only wash then brush). I only use water and shampoo in the shower (no other smellies). I don't dress seductively either. It hasn't affected my eligibility to men in any way. In fact, I have had more problems with unwanted advances then lacking advances. Just be yourself, and make true friends with anyone you are interested in. If your friendship grows into more, what you wear won't matter x

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 9:36 am

Yep...basic hygiene is the most important thing....especially in lands where there is running water on a consistent basis. Come to think of it...even in places which DON'T have running water.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2015, 11:51 am

KimD wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

Well I did buy a dress and shoes for a woman and she appreciated it(my ex). The reason we broke up is because she was knocked up with her previous bf's baby and I really could not accept her baby since I'm not its biological father but that's a birdwalk. In fact, she really reworked MY garb for me and got me to dress better which I'm actually rather grateful for(at least I got something out of that whole sordid affair!).

But yeah, a woman who would dump me just because I bought her a nice dress when she normally doesn't wear them is NOT the kind of woman I want to be in a relationship with. Stubbornness about stuff like that is a huge turn-off to me. It's not a problem for me that she doesn't wear dress and heels, but it would be if she refused to wear them *ever*, at all.

I'm very sorry that your ex cheated on you; I can only imagine how painful it must have been. I hope that your days are much brighter now.

I feel that maybe you're still missing the point I'm trying to make about buying a dress and shoes for a woman. The most likely reasons a woman wouldn't want someone to just up and buy her a dress and shoes have nothing to do with a woman being stubborn, but with a woman feeling insulted and perhaps manipulated. The clothes would likely send a message that you think she's not capable of dressing herself, that you think you can do it better, that you don't "approve" of what she's already wearing, that she doesn't have a mind of her own and a right or the ability to make her own choices. Most women would question their future with someone who'd do that to them when they're starting out, and some might feel hurt even after they'd become an actual couple.

I'm glad that your ex appreciated the purchase you made for her and that you benefitted from her fashion advice; when you have a close relationship like that and know each other well enough, it can be fine. However, it usually works best as a cooperative experience that two people are willing and able to enjoy together--especially if one is trying to pick out shoes because finding a decent fit--much less a comfortable one--in women's shoes is almost impossible to do for someone if she's not there to try them on!

To nit-pick: the original question was about a woman attracting a potential mate without wearing dresses. I would hate to see anyone on this forum botch a potential relationship by presenting a date with clothes that s/he probably doesn't want. It might be obvious to some not to do that, but then again, maybe not to all. I'm elaborating here so that readers who either need or want some info on such an unusual "gift" could get some insight.

You actually have a valid point. When you won't take someone as they are, imperfections and all(and perhaps that means things they do you that you don't like which they can change but don't wanna), the message that you are sending to them is that they're not that special to you. It's as if you either don't actually want them specifically, you just take them because they're available and are essentially using them for sexual gratification, attention seeking, and/or have *A* partner even if it's not the right one.

But not all women are as inflexible about how they dress as you seem to imply. Some definitely are and what I can say for myself is that I'm really just not compatible with rigid women. The 2 major relationships I've had in my life so far have been with women were exceedingly stubborn and refused to accommodate me despite my willingness to accommodate them and in the end it didn't work out. I don't expect a woman to wear dresses, skirts, heels, and makeup, but I really do want someone who is willing to wear that stuff on an occasional basis at the very least. Hope that helps.

bromide
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Apr 2015, 7:55 am

I would love to date a girl who does very less make up, and wears normal clothes.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 8:13 am

AspieAnnie wrote:
Dear, I don't wear dresses, or heels, or perfume. I wear only concealer and a little blusher sometimes. I don't style my hair (only wash then brush). I only use water and shampoo in the shower (no other smellies). I don't dress seductively either. It hasn't affected my eligibility to men in any way. In fact, I have had more problems with unwanted advances then lacking advances. Just be yourself, and make true friends with anyone you are interested in. If your friendship grows into more, what you wear won't matter x

Are you slender?

I did explain to her what may be the real reason on page 1 and 2 - and it's certainly not the dresses.

But she ignored my posts.

Alas. Let her try to wear dresses.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 9:01 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
The only way I'll ever be satisfied with myself is if I walked down the street and guys flirt with me and whistle at me.

I'm happy with my personality. Video games make me are really, along with writing, the only thing that makes me happy anymore. The only thing I need to be complete is being attractive to men.

Oh please don't confuse superficial sexual harassment with love or that that it makes you worth more if men yell after you on the street. "Men" that act like that are as*holes. You can do better than that.

I would love to weigh to 98 pounds like some women, but I weigh 230 so that's out of the question.

Why would you put such low weight as your ideal? Why don't you lose weight for yourself and your health? Don't be so obsessed about what clothes look good according to men, invest that energy in trying to be healthy for yourself.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

^^^ Hear, hear!

daniel1948

01 Apr 2015, 5:05 pm

I'm a girl and dresses don't look right on me. They cling to my stomach and butt. I feel ugly because I can't wear dresses, skirts, short shorts and high heels.

My question is, would you date a girl who doesn't like to wear dresses? I try not to let fear of never finding a boyfriend because I can dress perfect (tight dresses and heels). I wear makeup, I shower, I wear Victoria's Secret perfume (along with other brands), I wear women's clothes, I read manga, I love anime, I play a large variety of video games and feel like I am a total package minus my ability to wear dresses.

I don't care what a girl wears, if she likes me and is nice to me. Dresses, skirts, pants, shorts, whatever she likes. However, for me personally, makeup is a turn-off, and I'm very sensitive to artificial smells, so although I like the smell of flowers and newly-cut grass, I cannot be around perfume.

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2015, 4:09 pm

i would.
most of my exes where trans.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 6:39 pm

I'm a girl and dresses don't look right on me. They cling to my stomach and butt. I feel ugly because I can't wear dresses, skirts, short shorts and high heels.

My question is, would you date a girl who doesn't like to wear dresses? I try not to let fear of never finding a boyfriend because I can dress perfect (tight dresses and heels). I wear makeup, I shower, I wear Victoria's Secret perfume (along with other brands), I wear women's clothes, I read manga, I love anime, I play a large variety of video games and feel like I am a total package minus my ability to wear dresses.

Definitely. I'm not going to say that it doesn't matter what a girl wears, but I don't choose to go out with a girl because of their dress code. It would depend on her personality and any common interests we might have. Whether or not she wants to wear a dress I don't make a big deal out of. It's her choice ultimately.

jl7711
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2015, 3:27 pm

Honestly, and I hope I don't catch too much from staying this as it seems my views go against the flow here, but I'm a sucker for a girl in a dress/skirt. I'm not sure why. To me it seems they are becoming more and more rare. It's like everywhere I look I see only blue jeans and flip flops. That look kind of gets old to me. It's not that I judge or truly care what a person wears, or even that I'm attracted to a person or not due to what they are or are not wearing. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if they liked wearing such things, it would be a perk for me, but not a requirement. I'm more attracted to the person inside.

Heck, as it stands, I have enough trouble finding someone who will accept me for who I am inside, so who am I to judge.

pirrouline
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2015, 9:14 pm

I like girls who have a creative style that they have fun with, but that doesn't have to involve dresses. There are plenty of other things to wear.