Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

madgang201
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Mar 2015, 1:58 am

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=igZw4UEm3nE[/youtube]

Hello, my name is Roberto Espinosa, I'm diagnosed with ADD/Aspergers and I'm a filmmaker. For a while now, I've been making movies and writing scripts nonstop but because of distractions, other filmmakers who I'm friends with and their stuff as well. I'm happy for them but I always feel like their stuff is a lot better than mine.

Anyway, I'm trying to regain confidence in myself by wanting to write a short film about two people with ADD/Aspergers who are seated on a couch talking before going on their first date. I've dated people with stuff heavier than me and I want to focus on that, two people with awkward conversations, how they sound, how they talk, etc. The problem with me is that my memory has problems remembering those exact conversations and how they sound. I don't know why, it's just weird. But yeah, two people wanting to make it work despite having certain things that may not be likable other people. I call it "Crazy People" because that's how the two main characters see each other. The idea I currently have and it's one I'm keeping is that the girl has a black dress but white tennis shoes. The boy wants to question them but doesn't want to insult her. It's only after he's gotten comfortable with her that he's finally able to question them, which she answers that she had nothing else to wear.

So I was wondering if any of you can help me by either remembering your first dates and how they went or ideas on what can work for this. I'd credit this website for helping me as well.

I look forward to hearing responses. :D :D :heart:

P.S.: I posted a video of one of my short films, just in case anyone was curious in checking it out. :)

Writergirl53
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Mar 2015, 3:37 pm

Why not give at least one of them an "Aspie focus," something that they are unusually, and maybe a bit obsessively interested in. Throughout the scene, one of them could continually bring it up.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 10:36 pm

As an actor, I can say that it is a given that you may feel inferior to others around you. My advice simply would be if you enjoy and appreciate what your art is, then that is the most important thing.