Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 9:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Shep's a cool guy. He just happens to believe in God.

Oldavid probably decided it wasn't worth it any more to go on the Internet under a Persona--in order to provoke people into arguments.

More to the point we seem to have stopped taking the bait.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 8:44 pm

On a side note but on the topic of Christianity, I'm kind of amazed at just how bad the general menu of thinking is when you compare what popularly gets passed around and what you have to do digging for.

I was checking in on Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas, hearing a lot of things coming from Dietrich Bonhoeffer's thinking about God, the nature of faith and salvation, pagan culture/antiquity and its relationship, and was amazed to hear nothing like I'd hear in the US, I mean Christianity with real circumspect.

Not sure whether this guy is of more importance or similar importance but the way he seems to address the issues as well fascinates me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Barth

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin