Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 8:41 pm

What to you do if noises really hurts you?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 9:12 pm

I leave the area where the noises are occurring. Earplugs are my second choice.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 9:19 pm

try to out-noise the noise.

and that^^ too. i used to have a pair of *these* that were really good but i went and lost them. :?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 2:43 am

I cover ears with my hands (or sometimes just fold my ear lobes up and press them into my ears with my index fingers) until the noise has stopped or I'm out of range.

If I'm expecting it though (i.e. using a power tool, going into a noisy environment, etc.) I put on ear protection beforehand.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 3:11 am

I first need to identify what sounds trouble me and that can be any kind of sound, not just loud ones. I can be happy at a rock concert, while on the other hand, the mild hum of a florescent light can just drive me crazy. It's not so much the loudness of the sound that the problem, as it more the complexity of it.

Welsh_Wolf2015
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2015, 3:27 am

I tend to just avoid/remove myself from the noise if possible. Certain noises tend to make me anxious rather than hurt me. Sudden noises like motorbikes,fireworks or planes (especially when I was younger). My biggest issue with noise comes from changes in the pattern of the sound. For example my Sky HD box noise will change if downloading something.