Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 10:44 pm

Americas finest porcine men in uniform are at it again.

The victim was lying on the ground with 5 or 6 police officer on top of him before several shots ran out.

http://rt.com/usa/236677-lapd-shot-dead-homeless/

My deviant art profile

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 12:00 am

No surprise there actually its not that the cops are racist it has more to do with corruption heres one with a white man severley beaten and nearly killed by cops for no reason! Cops are corrupt the racial part is the profiling.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 1:28 am

From http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/02/us-usa-california-police-idUSKBN0LY0C920150302:

Quote:
Witnesses gave varying accounts about the shooting, with some saying the man had reached for one of the officer's guns and one saying he heard an officer saying "He's got my gun." Other witnesses said the police had used a taser on the man before shooting him.

Soboroff said whether the man tried to take an officer's gun was a critical matter in the shooting.

"To me, that would be the only explanation that something would happen that quickly," the Times quoted him as saying.
If he tried to take an officer's firearm or did take an officer's firearm, it's no wonder he got shot -- definitely not worth losing any sleep over.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 5:09 am

Ahh, another potentially thread done in by moronically hyperbolic titling; good job.

Also, I don't think some of those words mean what you think they do, just a tip.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 8:20 am

Lol to the above post.

I mean, a guy died. Hyperbole??? Lol. If a dead guy doesn't get you all emotional, what does?

The video doesn't show enough. I can't tell exactly what happened.

Anyway, don't mess with the police....

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 8:34 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:
Lol to the above post.

I mean, a guy died. Hyperbole??? Lol. If a dead guy doesn't get you all emotional, what does?

If he tried to take the officers firearm or had a gun on him, it can be argued that he was shot out of self-defence rather than summarily executed. So, the title of the thread is inaccurate.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 8:40 am

Wellllll, no way to know.

An opinion's an opinion, and I agree with the op. We don't have enough info blah blah blah, but we can say what we think. One more man is dead at the hands of cops. Unfortunately, that video doesn't show very much.

We can argue about semantics but I don't think the OP is trolling. I think this is the OP's legitimate views.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:13 am

Jono wrote:
If he tried to take the officers firearm or had a gun on him, it can be argued that he was shot out of self-defence rather than summarily executed. So, the title of the thread is inaccurate.
He was being arrested on suspicion of robbery. He resisted arrest, was tasered, and tried to take a policeman's gun. He posed an immediate and imminent threat to the police and to the innocent bystanders. The police took action, shot the suspect, and he died.

These are the kinds of facts that Thomas81 always seems to 'conveniently' overlook in each and every one of his anti-police and anti-America reactionary diatribes.

I, for one, am glad that he is not an American.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 3:44 pm

So let me get this straight. Police can show up in packs of half a dozen men, tackle someone to the ground, and if he tries to defend himself he's "resisting arrest" and deserves to die?

And they wonder why people call them pigs.

And you need to cool it with the personal attacks, Fnord.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 4:00 pm

I think the lesson to be learned here is that it's important to incapacitate a LEO before taking their weapon.

Right? :lol:

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 4:25 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:
Lol to the above post.

"Summarily Execute" is factually inaccurate and undermines the argument that Thomas is trying to make, which also isn't helped by his pig references. I'm no friend of the police, I consider them guilty until proven innocent most of the time, but I can't stand people saying stupid things based on incomplete information and/or a poor understanding of the facts involved, which describes Thomas's posting style to a T.

That famous picture from Vietnam of the guy getting shot in the head? That was a summary execution, this at most is an unjustified use of force resulting in a homicide, there is actually a difference.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm

eric76 wrote:
From http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/02/us-usa-california-police-idUSKBN0LY0C920150302:
Quote:
Witnesses gave varying accounts about the shooting, with some saying the man had reached for one of the officer's guns and one saying he heard an officer saying "He's got my gun." Other witnesses said the police had used a taser on the man before shooting him.

Soboroff said whether the man tried to take an officer's gun was a critical matter in the shooting.

"To me, that would be the only explanation that something would happen that quickly," the Times quoted him as saying.
If he tried to take an officer's firearm or did take an officer's firearm, it's no wonder he got shot -- definitely not worth losing any sleep over.

If....what about if not? kinda hard to make any kind of accurate analysis without being able to see the whole video, and even then it wasn't the best filming so not sure if it makes everything clear....one article I saw suggested some of the cops might have had camras on them so those may be looked into...it is under investigation, that would not be the case if it was certain deadly force was appropriate I don't think.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 4:42 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:
Lol to the above post.

Who says you have to 'mess with the police' for them to abuse their power, and give into corruption...that is the trouble people think if they just ignore things like this it wont eventually come and bite them in the a**. Sure easy to say, until you are treated unjustly by the cops and people just throw overused slogans like 'don't mess with the police' around.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 4:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jono wrote:
He was being arrested on suspicion of robbery. He resisted arrest, was tasered, and tried to take a policeman's gun. He posed an immediate and imminent threat to the police and to the innocent bystanders. The police took action, shot the suspect, and he died.

These are the kinds of facts that Thomas81 always seems to 'conveniently' overlook in each and every one of his anti-police and anti-America reactionary diatribes.

I, for one, am glad that he is not an American.

How do you know these are the 'facts' as far as I know it is under investigation...which would imply the facts aren't entirely clear. If they where resisting arrest, tazed and grabbed the officers fire-arm then self defense could be argued, but it has yet to be clarified what exactly happened. Also I've read varying accounts of witnesses that somewhat conflict with that story so a little early for anyone to claim to know what the facts are.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm

eric76 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah. This seems to be a consistent theme in the cop testimonies following police shootings. Either they were 'going for a gun' or going for 'one of the cops guns'.

Think logically. If you are lying on the ground and have six armed cops on top of you how likely are you to reach for one of their guns, knowing full well the odds?

It seems to me more likely a case of the cops word against the eye witnesses.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

I don't know which video you watched but it looked to me like he was trying to get away from the police.

They knew fine well that no-one would miss a vagrant let alone a black one so acted in a cavalier way.

My deviant art profile