Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Syverine
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Mar 2015, 11:31 pm

Hi all,

Call me Syverine. I'm new here to WrongPlanet and I'm so glad to have found a website like this. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was young. My mum had told me about it but I never really understood what it was and as I grew older, right up until I left high school, I was in denial. I constantly told myself that they were all wrong about me. But I was also constantly struggling in every social situation I found myself in. I thought I was just a freak of nature and that people generally just didn't like me. So I got into the habit of avoiding people as much as possible because I was tired of being hurt by them.

I've continued to struggle like this for the past four years after dropping out of high school. And I'm not going to lie here, it was only about a few months ago that I started really coming to terms with the fact that my AS was the major cause of a lot of the difficulties I have faced in my life (Nearly all of them social related). When I came to terms with that it was like a large weight had lifted off of me. I knew the answer all along but I had refused to accept it. I started trying to learn more about AS even though I already did know some of the basics. I knew that knowing this wasn't going to end my struggles but it was going to help me better understand myself and my actions and why I'm so different from NT's.

So here I am, nearly 22 years old and no longer in denial of my AS. I fully accept it and it is easier for me to forgive myself when I mess up or when I don't do something the way someone else expects me to. :)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 4:02 am

Hey Syverine welcome. :sunny:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 9:17 am

Hi Syverine. Welcome to WP. I hope you like it here.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

Welcome! :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 8:19 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 8:25 pm

hi. welcome. what sorts of things do you like to do?