New in forum but have a hope to get good response

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ChloePaltrow
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Mar 2015, 5:16 am

As a doctor I am very curious about the upcoming deadly devastating diseases. I am an active blogger to make people know about the current researches and treatments.

Currently I am writing or finding some facts of autism.

I am maintaining a blog site with current topics and findings to treat autism

Rossum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Mar 2015, 6:39 am

ChloePaltrow wrote:
As a doctor I am very curious about the upcoming deadly devastating diseases. I am an active blogger to make people know about the current researches and treatments.

Currently I am writing or finding some facts of autism.

I am maintaining a blog site with current topics and findings to treat autism

Could you provide a link to your blog please?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 7:23 am

Rossum wrote:
ChloePaltrow wrote:
As a doctor I am very curious about the upcoming deadly devastating diseases. I am an active blogger to make people know about the current researches and treatments. Currently I am writing or finding some facts of autism. I am maintaining a blog site with current topics and findings to treat autism
It's in her profile.

She is a practicing physician who is using Alex's website to attract people to try Hyper-Baric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) as a treatment for Autism. No wonder that she "hopes to get a good response".

I wonder if she has Alex's permission to use his website this way.

Rossum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Mar 2015, 7:31 am

Fnord wrote:
Rossum wrote:
ChloePaltrow wrote:
As a doctor I am very curious about the upcoming deadly devastating diseases. I am an active blogger to make people know about the current researches and treatments. Currently I am writing or finding some facts of autism. I am maintaining a blog site with current topics and findings to treat autism
It's in her profile.

She is a practicing physician who is using Alex's website to attract people to try Hyper-Baric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) as a treatment for Autism. No wonder that she "hopes to get a good response".

Thankyou Fnord!

It might be a good idea to draw his attention to the fact she's using his site for this.

I'm mildly amused by the idea of HBOT as a treatment for Autism :roll:

ChloePaltrow
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Mar 2015, 7:42 am

Fnord wrote:
Rossum wrote:
ChloePaltrow wrote:
It's in her profile.

Forum is made not for fun but to get some solutions or to understand better each other to get rid of autism.

HBOT is one of the effective therapies but my blogs are not about to sell hyperbaric chambers, but about to make aware people of ASD.
Don't comment before you visit. It depends upon you, if you want to go through the HBOT therapy or not. if you are not interested then just skip those things. No one is there to force you. :wink:

Rossum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Mar 2015, 7:46 am

I did visit and was even more amused by what I read there.

Rossum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Mar 2015, 7:48 am

ChloePaltrow wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Rossum wrote:
ChloePaltrow wrote:
It's in her profile.

Forum is made not for fun but to get some solutions or to understand better each other to get rid of autism.

HBOT is one of the effective therapies but my blogs are not about to sell hyperbaric chambers, but about to make aware people of ASD.
Don't comment before you visit. It depends upon you, if you want to go through the HBOT therapy or not. if you are not interested then just skip those things. No one is there to force you. :wink:

Where did you do your medical training and what credentials have you?

ChloePaltrow
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Mar 2015, 7:51 am

Rossum wrote:
I did visit and was even more amused by what I read there.

You don't need to draw attention of admin as you said before. This is for the people who really want to be up-to-date themselves with current findings. The admin is there, and I think he himself can decide if he wants to block me or not.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 2:55 pm

Hey Chloe welcome. :sunny:

ChloePaltrow
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Mar 2015, 12:21 am

RoadRatt wrote:
Hey Chloe welcome. :sunny:

ASPickle
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Mar 2015, 3:52 pm

ChloePaltrow wrote:

I think you should have lurked here quite a bit longer before posting, as you would see that a good portion of the population at WP would not agree with you that we should "get rid of Autism," as you say. That phrasing could use a trigger warning for quite a few of us here.

This website is a safe haven for Autistics, not a place to promote our elimination. As such, we won't take too kindly to anyone who promotes the latest so-called cure of the day.

On another thread you started, you talked about the well disproven "correlation" between Thimerosal and Autism. On your website that you are so thinly disguising as forum spam, the latest story on Autism and the hyperbolic chambers you're hawking comes from 2012... far too long ago to claim to be up to date on the latest research on ASD. I assume this update gap is because the HBOT you offer has no basis in actual modern science. Otherwise, why haven't we heard anything new on this miracle cure in 3 years?

I fail to see how hyper-baric oxygen can change the wiring of our brains so we can appear normal -- or at least acceptable to NT standards and norms. Seems to be another case of barking up the wrong tree or completely misunderstanding the neurological structure of an Autistic mind. I'd love to be proven wrong, naturally, but I fear you are just another snake oil salesman concerned more about parents of an Autistic child rather than Autistics themselves. The type of person who prays on parents who wished for a perfect baby and "got stuck with" an Autistic child. Parents who make poor decisions based on pseudoscience and quackery instead of what their Autistic child might actually want. As such, I offer you a welcome but suspect you have the worst intentions for joining our community.

ChloePaltrow
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2015, 1:14 am

ASPickle wrote:
ChloePaltrow wrote:

I fail to see how hyper-baric oxygen can change the wiring of our brains so we can appear normal -- or at least acceptable to NT standards and norms. Seems to be another case of barking up the wrong tree or completely misunderstanding the neurological structure of an Autistic mind. I'd love to be proven wrong, naturally, but I fear you are just another snake oil salesman concerned more about parents of an Autistic child rather than Autistics themselves. The type of person who prays on parents who wished for a perfect baby and "got stuck with" an Autistic child. Parents who make poor decisions based on pseudoscience and quackery instead of what their Autistic child might actually want. As such, I offer you a welcome but suspect you have the worst intentions for joining our community.

If you really want to know how HBOT works to treat autism or neurological disorder, then you may go through this blog section. http://www.hbot-therapy.com/

HBOT can't heal autism totally and not FDA approved, but besides behavioral interventions, it works directly to recover the impaired neuronal damage. Autism is solely genetic and no cure is found till now. Have a better hope for future.

But with no treatment autism or ASD can turn into more vital and chronic with other symptoms at the later age. :roll: