Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm

None of the above cuz I am an animist.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 9:41 pm

Quote:
1. Religious Christians or Jews who belong to a specific denomination and follow God regularly

I used to be this, but now I am a religious Christian who follows God regularly--but can have a good worship experience in almost any of the denominations, as long as they preach from the Bible and not from their doctrinal bias.

Every week, I attend a service at a Baptist church, a service at an Assembly of God church, and Bible Study at a Methodist church.

I do not call myself a Baptist, a Methodist, a Lutheran or a Pentecostal, though. I don't call myself a Nazarene or an Evangelical anymore, and though I've gone to Presbyterian, Charismatic and AoG churches, I don't identify with any of those denominations either.

I follow the Bible, the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. There are churches I stay out of, because of what I consider heresies: Mormon, Universalist Unitarian, 7th Day Adventist, and Scientology, to name a few.

But I believe in God the Father
Jesus Christ
the Holy Spirit
New Life

I believe in the Crucifixion
the Resurrection
the Ascencion
and the Second Coming--He's coming back again

I believe in heaven and hell, good and evil, angels and spirits.

I believe that only a Christian, filled with the Holy Spirit, can understand the Bible. Others will see only stories, myths, fables, contradictions, paradoxes, impossibilities, and maybe a handful of good teaching/good ideas.

But I am not ashamed of the gospel. No-one on the internet has the ability to make me doubt the Word of God, or the truth of my own testimony.

Bless.

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Mar 2015, 9:24 am

I have a very personal idea of "God" that I worship. It's very complicated and I'd explain it further if I could, but that would actually go against it.

Alyosha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2015, 9:42 am

im jewish and i follow religious traditions but not that closely. i dont believe in g-d though

James_Ladrang
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2015, 1:44 pm

Christian, protestant, but not aligned to any major denomination. I have faith, not religion, and am wary of how some have organised religion for their own ends, in the past and the present.

My faith is not a private matter. I have found something wonderful and do not intend to keep it a secret - that would be selfish. Neither will I shove it down anyone's throat - that would be disrespectful. But then again, this is a forum, a place where people can share thoughts, so keeping my beliefs private need not be an option, except for me.