whats your opinion?(warning political and religious content)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

louthinator
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2015, 5:21 am

Recently I have been an activist against forced religion (by that I do not mean that religion should be banned however religion being forced onto other people and discriminating against them if they are not religious is something I cannot stand.) I have seen a lot of people with what even by Christianity's standards is a twisted world view. Evangelists who think that children should be raised as an army against the sinners, apologists who use every excuse possible to try and say scientific evidence backs up the story of the creation meaning it should be taught in schools, even those who say that atheism is in itself a religion. Nothing good generally tends to come from these groups where their only goal is to convert you to their club (unless you are gay or have a learning disability). Now you may be thinking, why can't we just ignore these people and get on with our lives right? Well, the reason why we can't came last month in a law that was passed in Arkansas. Since the gay marriage bill passed the bible thumpers needed a way to get back at them, their weapon of choice? they made it illegal to protect people from the LGBT community from discrimination. If someone wants to turn them down for a job or a driver's licence, that's perfectly legal. This kind of anti-progressive BS has to stop. You also may be wondering why I'm posting this on a website for the autistic community, well if this kind of law can be passed for the LGBT community what's to stop us being seen as just another undesirable to discriminate against?

Please note once again that I realize all religious people are NOT like this, I am targeting those that are this intolerant.

What do you think of this matter? could you think of a solution where perhaps we could reach a point of equilibrium with these people?
Any discussion is welcome and questions I will try to answer as swiftly as I can.

or the bleeding bitter anger of the cold spurned souls you burned,
the second comeing's going to hurt