What is your belief about life after physical death?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What is your belief about life after physical death?
I don't believe there is any conscious life of any kind after physical death. When you are dead - you are dead, period. 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
I believe that upon physical death one will spend eternity in either heaven or hell depending on how they exercised faith in God. 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
I believe that upon physical death the soul will sleep until the final day of judgment at the end of time. The dead will then be resurrected unto judgment. The faithful will be admitted to eternity in heaven. The unfaithful will die a permanent death. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I believe that upon death people will pass into a spirit world where their spirits will live in perpetuity. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I believe in reincarnation either soon after death or after spending a period of time in the spirit world. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I believe that our current physical life is a dream. When we die we wake up from that dream into our real existence. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I don't know what if anything happens after physical death. But I lean toward thinking there is some kind of life after death. 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
I don't know what if anything happens after physical death. But I lean toward thinking there is no life after death. 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
I am 100% agnostic on the issue 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Other 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 29

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 11:30 pm

I believe we are judged by God, in such a way that we cannot judge ourselves.
While we may have an idea where we are going, God ultimately decides. He may view one single action of ours enough to send us to hell, our welcome us into his kingdom. It depends on if we lived righteously, not pure faith. Blind faith in God will get you laughed at, you have to have a reason for it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 1:52 am

I tend to avoid believing in anything and prefer to map my reality with evidence based information.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 6:08 am

I believe in eternal life of our souls. The concept that our "I" can be destroyed looks really depressive for me. I do not believe in reincarnation.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 7:13 am

I tend to think the Rosicrucian outlook is checked by just enough seeing, traveling, and internal verification that I'm pretty comfortable with it.

The idea is, as it is also in esoteric Buddhism, that we're evolving toward certain ends - we came up from mineral to vegetable, vegetable to animal, animal to human. That evolution includes reincarnation and times of reflection in heaven/devachan between, each time with increased intensity due to increases in consciousnesses, but even that is not a permanent cycle - rather it's an escalating one. Apparently there are vast vistas of consciousness and even things that could be likened to physical existence that we would tend to put in the 'afterlife' category just because we have no other terminology for them; our cycles of incarnations are like escalating sine waves with each cycle midpoint continuing at a higher point.

Some would suggest, particularly in Rudolph Steiner and Max Heindel's tradition, that we as present humanity are what the angel choir directly above us were when they were what we are now and we were in animal form - that about the time the next level of animals comes up to incarnate in human-level consciousness (a level that tends to take the title 'Lords of Form') we'll be a tenth angel choir - the name for that tenth angel choir seems seems to be, not just in Rosicrucian circles but in many organizations, referred to as the Ishim. These are also the saints who ascended out of physical incarnation as we know it, the saints beneath the throne in Revelations, they're the souls that have perfected their experience of being human and each time a person does that the psychological and spiritual temperature increases a bit and people are a bit more likely to be able to do the same who are in line behind them.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin