Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Grue
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2015, 11:54 am

Hey everyone! Glad to be back. I was on kind of a hiatus, I guess. I thought I was in trouble on the forum or something and then I got an email from Alex so I thought I'd check in.

Anyway, lately I've been really sleepy quite often. I'm going to bed at around 9 PM and when I'm able, sleeping until 10 AM. When I'm not able to sleep in to get my daughter out the door for school, I'll often crawl back into bed for another couple hours of shuteye.

I went off some medications about a month or so ago and I got over the withdrawal symptoms rather quickly. One was a stimulant, the other was an antidepressant. That's the only thing that I can see that might be causing my sleepiness lately. Well, it could be the time of year - the lack of light catching up to me. Maybe I should start taking my fish oil and vitamin D again. See if that helps.

Would like to hear from anyone who's had this problem before or if you're currently experiencing it.

Thanks!

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 8:15 am

I believe I have excessive sleepiness too. I don't think I have narcolepsy but I definitely can sleep the whole day if I could. I know part of it is escapism but the other part of it I am not sure. I have had blood work done and its all normal. A little anemia which comes and goes but that is fixed with iron. The depression has something to do with it for sure.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm

Im having the same problem. Having Bipolar may have something to do with it. But any medicine I take is impotent against this sleepiness. I don't know what it's caused by, but there doesn't seem to be any cure.

seulement une folle
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 May 2015, 3:34 pm

I'm also sleeping 12+ hours a day lately, though I'm still on my meds so it's not withdrawal like you. I need to talk to my psych to see if it's a symptom of the depression or a side-effect of the anti-psychotic.

Confuzzledish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2015, 6:05 pm

I experience a lot of issues with excessive sleepiness is well. This often happens during depressive episodes for me, but even when I'm not in a depressive episode I sleep excessively. I don't have any control over my sleep cycle so if my body says that it is tired I will physically fall asleep without warning. The weird thing is that I don't THINK it's narcolepsy (I've never fallen asleep standing up, for instance, or in the middle of a conversation), but if I am sitting down I often involuntarily fall asleep. I started researching Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to see if the symptoms fit, but I don't feel tired all of the time--my energy level is normal and then I randomly get a spell of intense sleepiness.