Page 7 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 6:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
But there was only one actual "King"!

I keep having this odd thought- remember that photo taken with elvis and Nixon in the oval office? I keep picturing that scene with the roles reversed, with Nixon dressed in the white jumpsuit and big hair, and elvis dressed like the banker. :alien:

"Let me make one thing perrrrrfectly clear.... I am all shook up!"

That is a hard thing for me to envision.

Though it is true that Nixon, and his crew, were known for having "suspicious minds".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 6:30 pm

and there was a "burnin' love" happenin' between Nixon and bebe rebozo, "way down" deep in their hearts.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 7:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
and there was a "burnin' love" happenin' between Nixon and bebe rebozo, "way down" deep in their hearts.

Oh gawd!

Just because he was a misfit, and Bebe was the only person who enjoyed his company-you have to go implying that Nixon was gay (not that being gay is bad mind you)!

Lol!

But Elvis's maudlin hit "Old Shep" could have been used as the soundtrack of Nixon's "Checkers Speech".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 7:10 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Oh gawd! Just because he was a misfit, and Bebe was the only person who enjoyed his company-you have to go implying that Nixon was gay (not that being gay is bad mind you)! Lol! But Elvis's maudlin hit "Old Shep" could have been used as the soundtrack of Nixon's "Checkers Speech".

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... e-1.997960
it would appear that tricky king Richie had lots of secrets.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 7:38 pm

Interesting.

Boozer, and a wifebeater, too!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm

Kennedy had the same woman mistress as a mobster, but Nixon was lovers with an actual mobster!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm

for his loyalists, a proper king for America - king Richard.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 7:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
for his loyalists, a proper king for America - king Richard.
The "Big Cheese" himself, eh?

:wink:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm

Richard the Lyin' Hearted!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 10:18 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Kennedy had the same woman mistress as a mobster, but Nixon was lovers with an actual mobster!

And while everybody talks about how Joe Kennedy had called in favors from the Chicago mob in order to get his son elected, what's not as widely known is how Nixon had had strong ties to the New Orleans mob.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 8:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
Girlwithaspergers wrote:
Everyone knows it's Elvis Presley "King of Rock and Roll." Us Americans love our music!

elvis would never allow himself to be termed "the king" as he thought that was a sacrilege. he was a religious man.

Only when profitable.

Then again, when one is as high as he was most of the time, who can say.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 8:26 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
You seem to think that I am suggesting using force. No so. Only words and having governments drop religious tax breaks as all churches and mosques, priests and imams do, --- is lie to us continually.

That's a completely different thing than what I thought you were suggesting.

I can think of a better reason to drop all religious tax breaks than to stop religion (albeit it won't happen in the middle-east where separation of church and state is non-sequitur based on sharia) - religion is supposed to be able to criticize government, a state religion becomes a government lap dog and government can twist theology any time it wants, give a church enough tax breaks and it's only different from a state church by degree. I have no problem with church groups meeting at state facilities or state groups even meeting at church facilities sometimes (good examples - precinct elections at a church gymnasium or event hall) but I like as much church and state autonomy as possible, otherwise the wedding and welding of both institutions one to the other sours equally both ways.

Both theology and philosophy are basically sets of rules to live life by.

A mind cannot leave half of itself outside the political arena. There cannot be a real separation of church and state when one holds to a religion. Especially when your own pledge of allegiance has God in it.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 8:28 am

will@rd wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Do you think the American oligarchy can be turned back into a real democracy

The US never was a democracy, it's a Constitutional Republic.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It, like all other countries, is an oligarchy.

Regards
DL

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 12:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
the maxim that Rothschilds laid down as fundamental, is: "Let us control the money of a country and we care not who makes its laws." IOW, the people who control the money supply have the lion's share of the [levers of] power, and by dint of this qualify as kings [over us 99%ers] of a sort.

Now I wonder if youtube has that one scene from the Dark Knights returns, but instead I shall refer to how the Templars fared when they controlled the money in France. The actual king of France got rid of them with the support of the monarch of the Catholic Church. Now in a democracy (of the size we have in most countries) money does indeed have a significant influence on the decision making process. If only because election campaigns are expensive and the need for post-politics positions.

GnosticBishop wrote:
Not to argue with Webster too much but ---
Democracy is the notion of government by the people and having your vote have a meaning

Now this off course raise additional questions. First of course is the problem that the world people in the English language is an very unfortunate translation of the word demo(s), where the lesser used term folk might be better.

Also how much meaning would a single vote have if the group of voters goes beyond a certain size. Which of course means that going with your statement that democracy only works on a small scale. Since only then a single vote might have the meaning you want it to have.

As you see from my critisism of your definition of democracy there are some problems with it. The major problem of course is that most people use the term democracy with at best only a vague idea of its meaning.

Quote:
Each of us is to have a chance to change something.

What is stopping you?

GnosticBishop wrote:
King Bush.

It does not come off the tong well, but it is what it is.

Regards
DL

That would be king George #, since that how it goes in most monarchies.

will@rd wrote:
The US never was a democracy, it's a Constitutional Republic.

I presume you refer to the disdain of your founding fathers to towards the notions of democracy and how it could lead to mob rule?

Mr. Powers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2015, 7:41 am

Sigbold wrote:

Well, one wonders how it would be in the United States ....after all they had a president with the name Bush and his vice-president with the nickname Dick (!). Jeez, knowing the sexual meaning behind those words are just utter amazeballs :wink: :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 3:02 pm

Mr. Powers wrote:
Sigbold wrote:

Well, one wonders how it would be in the United States ....after all they had a president with the name Bush and his vice-president with the nickname Dick (!). Jeez, knowing the sexual meaning behind those words are just utter amazeballs :wink: :D

all the better for screwing americans over.