Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 72 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 91  Next

operationpaperclip
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2012, 8:29 am

Well hey there. Name's Brett (I know we can't give out our full names here). I'm 39, but I don't look it. Not so great when I was younger, but it's paying off now! I'm a pretty intelligent guy (OK, a genius, basically) but I don't relate well to others. Often times I just don't see the need. Diagnosed a few years ago. I had a pretty crummy upbringing, and can't help but wonder if that's contributed to my condition. But I'm doing pretty well now. Run my own business, which is good, 'cause I'm kind of a control freak and don't like to stay in one place for a long time. Just wanted to meet more people with this condition and see what they're like. I've had limited experience with support groups but I get the idea that was a pretty skewed perspective. So I hope to see you all around.

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Dec 2012, 6:04 pm

I'm Jimmy. I'm 21, and I'm a senior in college double majoring in Atmospheric Sciences and Math. I'm also a varsity cross country runner, math tutor and physics tutor for my college, as well as being the president of the Track & Field Club, so I've got a few things going on in my life.

I've been fascinated with weather since about 3rd grade, and got into running when I randomly joined my high school's cross country team. Math, science, and all things logical come pretty naturally to me, as seems to be common with AS people (I was diagnosed when I was 3). I'm also a fairly talented singer.

Lately, I've become what I like to call a "student of my own mind". That is, I've been fascinated lately with my own emotions and why I feel them at certain times, as well as what I can do to produce a certain feeling in myself.

I'm also extremely outgoing, by aspie standards anyway, and get bored really quickly when I'm by myself. The one exception to this is when I'm running... that's when I just want people to stay out of my way! As far as love life goes, I'm still the stereotypical "super-single" Aspie, that is, I've yet to be in a real relationship, but the way things are going this looks to change really soon! :wink:

I'm here on WrongPlanet because I think it's really interesting to see so many people here who finally think at least somewhat the same way I do.

Politically I'm a hardcore libertarian, bordering on some forms of anarchism... that's right, I actually believe in freedom for EVERYONE, not just rich people, or poor people, or any other specific group of people. I also believe in ALL of bill of rights, not just the amendments that happen to affect me directly. For supposed "contrast", relative to the two major US parties anyway, I am a strong supporter of both gay marriage AND gun rights. For some reason, this is hard for people to wrap their minds around... I've never understood why. Religiously, I'm unaffiliated, but am open to the concept of a deity.

Snuvs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2012, 3:48 pm

My name is Daniel, and I am a 25 year old living in the middle of Michigan.

I like to think about anything and everything, and most of the time I get to conclusions I never planned on. I just like to see where my mind goes, and I can decide how important those thoughts are later.

I have interests in almost every scientific endeavor, but my favorites are Neurology, AI, computer science, and philosophy.

My favorite music genre is Progressive Metal, but mostly for the progressive music elements. I also really like Rock Operas, and instrumental music. My favorites right now include Adagio, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, The Mars Volta, and Therion. Concept albums are the main reason why I like the progressive music scene.

I will watch almost any movie of any genre, as long as it is amazing in its own right. Some of my favorite movies and shows include Fight Club, Walking Dead, Wilfred, and Moonrise Kingdom to name a few. Netflix also has a lot of documentaries that I like to watch.

I would like to meet more people with AS in my area, to hang out with. I have a friend who I suspect might have it, but that could just be because we get along so well as introverts.

Catharascotia
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2012, 11:06 pm

My name is Rachel, I'm 21 and a student at the University of Michigan. I'm studying archaeology, which I love, and hope to go to grad school next year, if I get in *fingers crossed* I love history and different cultures, both current and ancient.

I enjoy skiing, hiking and other outdoor activities, but unfortunately often don't have people to do them with. I particularly love the mountains and desert, specifically Colorado and Arizona, and would love to live in the southwest. I also enjoy reading and writing fantasy, photography and foreign languages. I love animals. I have a dog but would also love a cat (or 5), but I love horses, reptiles and other animals too. I also like food and trying out different restaurants, particularly Asian food.

I'm pretty shy, but told that I can be funny and witty, and that I'm a loyal friend. Unfortunately, I have a lot of trouble making friends due to said shyness and to social awkwardness. Politically I'm pretty liberal, and I am agnostic, I don't believe we can know whether or not there is a good, but I personally don't believe there is.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 1:26 pm

Catharascotia wrote:
I'm studying archaeology, which I love, and hope to go to grad school next year, if I get in *fingers crossed* I love history and different cultures, both current and ancient.

Awesome! I love both. Maybe we could start a thread on the subject ? Like interesting recent archeological finds ?

StrayCat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2013, 2:01 pm

I'm Amanda. I'm 34, and was never officially diagnosed, but my adoptive mother knew I had AS and never got me any help, preferring to abuse me emotionally for years, then throwing me out a month after I graduated from high school. I've been homeless off and on ever since.

Right now, I think I can become a pro wrestler, so i'm gong to school for it. We'll see how long that lasts. I can play the electric bass and the cello (self taught), but haven't in months. I speak English, Spanish and bad German. And I can say 'good morning! I'm a cat, am I cute?' in Japanese.

Looking for apartments or job hunting frustrates me because I hate seeing wonderful things I know I can't have/don't know how to get. Seems landlords and potential roommates don't want people on disability to live in safe, clean areas..? Or, I just come across as an as*hole no matter what I do.

I chew on the inside of my cheeks or fiddle with my hair when I'm tired/anxious/lonely. I hate crying in front of people because I rock when I cry.

Idk what you would call "having a relationship", but I have had them. Short lived, unhappy ones. Maybe one was ok, but it was a long time ago. My last relationship was on again off again for 6 months; he def had AS and was anti sex. I enjoy being touched (crave it, actually. I get shaky if I don't get touched enough) and that broke us up. That and me having feelings, period.

Speaking of my weird craving for touch, that has gotten me into many sexual situations I didn't want to be in but had no choice once it got going.

I have no family, and that has been an issue in the past. I hate family holidays, especially Christmas. I get really depressed and hostile from Dec 20-Jan 1.

My life goal is to find a kind and handsome man who loves me for me and wants to marry me and take care of me, because I can't take care of myself. I do realise this is a fantasy; the reality is I'll most likely spend the rest of my days in a one room studio, alone.

RageHQ
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2013, 9:20 am

My name is Mindy. I'm not officially diagnosed yet, but I know I have Aspergers. I'm very short, 5ft even, but have a large frame. I am a mix of Irish, Welsh, German and Cherokee. I'm very fair skinned, with dark blue eyes. I'm a little overweight but working really hard on that. I'm a vegetarian/vegan, into all natural and organic stuff, though I don't deny slipping from time to time... lol... I have never dated anyone or ever really had much of a love interest.

I'm really into Jung theories, spirituality and seeking a deeper meaning to life. My current life goal is to study Philosophy in college (starting this summer), and start writing. My second choice afterward would be Psychology. I am very spiritual and tend to over-analyze everything, so hey, why not? My mind is my strong point.

I'm not really interested in the sexual aspect of a relationship, but sometimes I wish I had a little romance in my life. Just someone to flirt with or something. I don't think I'd be into something really serious, just something to feel love and be loved. A fling, put simply. Does this mean I'm officially putting myself on the market? <.< Ahem, I wouldn't mind finding someone who I could have intellectual conversations with. I'm not really into shallow chit-chat. Sure, you can do that with anyone, I feel like I am missing out on things. I consider myself to be bi, for I feel like I am a guy inside. LOL, I'm a bit bashful, but wouldn't mind a girlfriend. xD Guys are all right, too, we can game and do sporty things. I like martial arts, MMA, but I don't focus on it too much... To be honest, I don't mind what you look like, for I know that the body is just a vessel that contains a special and unique soul inside.

Neurotypical score: 29 of 200
AQ: 40

servicedogrights25
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2013, 8:07 am

My name is Kaitlyn and I am fifteen. I am from New Jersey but now live in Northern VA.
First, I would like to "clear the air" surrounding my age and purpose in this section of the forum.
I am, have been, and probably always will be, lonesome. Obviously I am not looking for anything, well, sexual, but I would like to put myself out there and see if someone (anyone) has an interest in me.
I have short, dark brown hair (parents made me cut it short because I didn't take care of it long ago) with bangs. I wear glasses, which frame my blue-gray eyes :) (sorry, novelist coming out in me)
My special interests happen to be occasionally historical (such as my profound obsession with Charlemagne, Agamemnon, and Egyptian culture), I am fond of computers, though if you asked me to code something for you I would be lost, writing, which has always been there, reading (what Aspie DOESN'T read?), drawing, videogames (Ghost Recon for Wii--just got it for Christmas and it happens to be the most fascinating gaming experience I could have ever accounted for) and sewing, but there are also smaller fascinations that sort of mask themselves behind the larger ones such as elongated pennies (you can find out about those at www.pennycollector.com).
I am a Democrat, and I support Obama in some of his plights, however, others do need some work.
My religion is...nonexistent. If you are looking for someone with a particular faith, I am not your girl. My "religion" dictates that there is no God (not that I know of), Jesus existed and may have had certain powers but THAT is unclear, and reincarnation is a big one. Sorry about my mixed opinions, I call it, "Abstract Aspie"!
I am autistic and will show it quite often, so fair warning.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 4:27 am

johnny77 wrote:
I'm impossibly realistic at times. Strong willed but have to be. Average to slightly muscular build 5'7" brown hair brown eyes Irish native American decent. I'm loved and hated at the same time for being honest. I'm a hard working "jack of all trades" but master of none. A hard worker, very intelligent, loves the out doors, loves children, knows when to work when to have fun, works on his own vehicles can do electrical, carpentry, plumbing work, sings beautifully.
Looking for friends and learning the game again after years out of it.

Dazzler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2013, 3:12 am

Since I am also quite paranoid that people from work find me and suddenly brand me an idiot, or whatever..

But here I go with some basics... My name is Jess and I am 26, I have been diagnosed with Asperger when I was 14.
I work for an IT related company as an engineer, I have followed no education for this, kind of just rolled in.

I always had trouble with school, that because im dumb, but because I cant follow the teachers, I always thought they were ret*d and had no idea what they were talking about as I had to prove them wrong on occasion. Thats why I quit school and started working.
I always got higher up in the companies quite fast, showed my skills etc... Now I work on the same place for 3 years, while before I could never keep up a job for longer then a year because I got bored.
I now have a manager whom I told everything to, he respects me and sees value in me. He sends me on loads of trainings.

Right now I am doing project management, which I love!

Personal life is kind of sad... I have 2 dogs, they are my family. I live in a house in a European country. I do have a boyfriend, however I am not really sure how to define that relationship, he loves me a lot. And I know I love him too, but its different with me...

Hard to explain, but yes thats me.

Last week I met a colleague from another country, he is a lot older and he has kids... I was very attracted to this man straight away, which was very weird to feel.. We talked about various subjects like love etc when we went out with the team.

He said people had grades of beauty in his eyes, This made me sad, because I am in no way pretty. I am overweight, quite heavily, and I am an Aspie, which does not help with my sensitive feelings.

I decided to try and get some of the weight off now, because I want him to see me as an 7 in stead of a 2...

Makes sense yes? Oh well.

AinsleyHarte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jan 2013, 6:26 pm

My name is Brynne and I am twenty-four years old. I was considered 'gifted' and tested for autism as a child but was told that my verbal skills were too advanced for diagnosis. It's now fairly apparent to everyone that knows me that I am some form of AS/HFA, and I'm hoping to start the path to diagnosis this coming week.

I am tall, lanky, androgynous, and of the gay persuasion; I prefer not to call myself a lesbian because that implies that my gender identity is aligned with my biological sex, which it is typically not (gender fluidity.) My eyes are brown, as is my natural hair color (which is currently 3/4 natural with some copper tones added by yours truly.)

I have a cat that I adore very much; his name is Oren and he is like a son to me. He is an indoor cat, but we go on nature walks in the backyard when he chooses to wear his harness. I have three friends - one that I live with, and two that I see quite infrequently ever since I moved.

My hobbies involve creating, mostly. I enjoy drawing and painting people and animals, though I have begun to delve into the abstract realm as of late. When not absorbed in the world of 2D creation, I enjoy working with wire, hemp, paper, and beads.

I'm a retro-gamer, Star Wars addict, stream of consciousness writer, self-proclaimed philosopher, button collector, ex-smoker, Iceland enthusiast, hypochondriac, and a bit of a control freak (though I am working on this.) I've been gluten-free for five years and am three months into abstaining from dairy, eggs, and soy. I love David Bowie, a good cup of coffee, folding laundry, reading in the car, Burt's Bees lip balm, organizing and scheduling, mindfulness, blog writing, and learning.. everything I can. I'm currently obsessed with Khan Academy.

I dislike/hate/loathe (in no particular order) tin foil, Modest Mouse, people I don't know touching me, dishonesty, cruelty, people that don't like animals, the sounds people make when they eat, fireworks, guns, loud noises in general, pharmaceutical companies, polyamory, SKA, inconsiderate people, finger/toenails, most electronic/dance music, the ignorant redneck town I live in, 3D movies, cars, other peoples' emotions, intimacy, anything to do with pregnancy or birth, and the human race in general.

Aspie score: 180 / 200 - NT score: 25 / 200
Aloof: 112 / Rigid: 109 / Pragmatic: 117
AQ: 47

StrayCat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2013, 8:10 pm

I have a hard time talking "about me" because I don't accept me.

I live near Boston; been sleeping on a friend's couch for the last year. I don't have a job because a) i'm on disability and b) my work history is so bad, no one would hire me anyway.

I love to: read, sleep, go to wrestling class, work out, eat Indian food, stare at the sky, go on aimless walks and shake hands with the plants, study German, make clothes out of odd things. I taught myself hire to play bass and cello, but haven't really played in a while.

Lately, i've been on Facebook like 6 hrs a day because my phone service has been cancelled, and I can't make calls or send texts. So right now, I feel isolated and abandoned.

I think the idea that unconditional love comes from within is the stupidest thing I've heard, this side of honey boo boo. It comes from the initial bond between mother and child. (i also study psychology & human development. Don't argue this point w me unless you can prove Eriksson's stages to be false)

My tested IQ is somewhere around 162, which is ironically what I weigh.

Um....I'm 5'9 and have multi coloured hair right now (black/teal/platinum/purple). My eyes are amber brown, but orange in the sunlight. I'm mixed race (Italian/Egyptian) and I cannot stand it when ignorant people call me black.

I wish that the guy I like/think I'm in love with would stop being afraid of me. He's probably also AS/HFA, but had a lot of love & support from his family and is an amazing artist. <3 I guess I admire him a lit. The one thing that makes me really sad is that he won't open up to me sexually.

SeekerofHope
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

Hello.

I'm Louis, a 24 year old black male who lives in Michigan, USA. After wondering what was wrong with me for most of my life, I was finally diagnosed with mild aspergers several months ago.

My interest include reading, computers, videogames, and nature walks. I have no interest in things like sports and politics. I'm also a Christian.

I have little to no social skills. I blame this on growing up in a bad neighborhood where everyone is trying to kill eachother. I've always isolated myself while everyone else, including my older brother, sister, and cousins, became a product of their enviroment. I was always different and because of that, I was singled out a lot in school.

Hopefully, in the future, I can find better opportunities to meet other people, people with actual character. Maybe being diagnosed with aspergers is the first step to that.

AnarChrist
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jan 2013, 7:46 pm

My name is none of thy concern unless you wish to know. My name is Caleb. My biological father died this past November 15th. You can search him up on criminal records: Barry Blair Flegal. I've never met my biologiccal mother within the time of my concsious being. I am adopted by my biological aunt. My father and his before and so on have been alcoholics, so I do not drink alcoholic beverages. I am fourteen years-old. I love fishing in a sense other than romantic, and I tie flies for my own use in fly fishing. I have never been in a relationship, although i wish to be. I am NOT homosexual, regardless of what the pricks I left at Etowah may say. I personally am a Born-Again Christian. I live in Woodstock, GA but I was born in Odesa, TX. I "play" guitar, write songs(guitar music and lyrics), and I've been in a band and am currently in the process of starting another.

Last edited by AnarChrist on 25 Jan 2013, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnarChrist
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jan 2013, 7:53 pm

AinsleyHarte wrote:
My name is Brynne and I am twenty-four years old. I was considered 'gifted' and tested for autism as a child but was told that my verbal skills were too advanced for diagnosis. It's now fairly apparent to everyone that knows me that I am some form of AS/HFA, and I'm hoping to start the path to diagnosis this coming week.

I am tall, lanky, androgynous, and of the gay persuasion; I prefer not to call myself a lesbian because that implies that my gender identity is aligned with my biological sex, which it is typically not (gender fluidity.) My eyes are brown, as is my natural hair color (which is currently 3/4 natural with some copper tones added by yours truly.)

I have a cat that I adore very much; his name is Oren and he is like a son to me. He is an indoor cat, but we go on nature walks in the backyard when he chooses to wear his harness. I have three friends - one that I live with, and two that I see quite infrequently ever since I moved.

My hobbies involve creating, mostly. I enjoy drawing and painting people and animals, though I have begun to delve into the abstract realm as of late. When not absorbed in the world of 2D creation, I enjoy working with wire, hemp, paper, and beads.

I'm a retro-gamer, Star Wars addict, stream of consciousness writer, self-proclaimed philosopher, button collector, ex-smoker, Iceland enthusiast, hypochondriac, and a bit of a control freak (though I am working on this.) I've been gluten-free for five years and am three months into abstaining from dairy, eggs, and soy. I love David Bowie, a good cup of coffee, folding laundry, reading in the car, Burt's Bees lip balm, organizing and scheduling, mindfulness, blog writing, and learning.. everything I can. I'm currently obsessed with Khan Academy.

I dislike/hate/loathe (in no particular order) tin foil, Modest Mouse, people I don't know touching me, dishonesty, cruelty, people that don't like animals, the sounds people make when they eat, fireworks, guns, loud noises in general, pharmaceutical companies, polyamory, SKA, inconsiderate people, finger/toenails, most electronic/dance music, the ignorant redneck town I live in, 3D movies, cars, other peoples' emotions, intimacy, anything to do with pregnancy or birth, and the human race in general.

I'm assuming you dislike the idea of sex, then. Of course, if you dislike what is of pregnancy and birth, you must still appreciate its result, no?

goddog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jan 2013, 12:27 am

26, m, chicago area
single
dont want kids, maybe adopt
Christian
have college degree
like exercise, live at home,
no job, collect disability
maybe i could get to know a aspie girl