Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 75 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 91  Next

Enochian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jan 2015, 2:53 am

My name is Jacob, I'm 19.
I was diagnosed with Asperger's at age 6, but I've gotten adept at camouflaging the symptoms, to the point where
I can pass as NT. I don't really see Asperger's as a negative, just a difference. Still, it's a difference that makes it difficult to relate to most people.

I live in Vallejo, California. I like to immerse myself in fictional worlds, and invent my own. I write short stories, play video games, watch television, and read books. I'm open to conversation with pretty much anyone, but I rarely reach out to people, because I'm kind of shy.

I can occasionally be humorous, but I wouldn't actually call myself "funny." When I try to be funny, it comes off as forced. Also, I'm pretty introspective, as you may have noticed already. I'm here on WrongPlanet to interact with other people on the spectrum, and possibly make friends.

Ohdannyboy

03 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm

Hello I'm Danny, I'm 20, I'm pansexual and genderqueer. I have brown eyes and short brown hair (dyed black) I'm from Madison, Wisconsin.
I was diagnosed with autism and ADHD when I was 9 but nobody told me until i was 14
I have depression and I used to hate and hurt myself. But I've been learning to love myself autism and all.
My interests are: art, drawing, painting, digital art, photography, being in nature, pressing flowers, biking, hiking, and anything creative and visually stimulating

DanielRosenberg
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2015, 6:20 pm

I value first impressions. As such, this is a bit of an essay. So I'm putting a TL:DR at the beginning and end.

*TL:DR I'm a Godzilla fan, freelance writer, Photoshop master, PC Gamer, Minecrafter, Gaming YouTuber, Nintendo Fanboy, video editor, sound mixer, and devout music listener as hobbies. I'd like some buddies. Bonus points if female. But really, read this thing. I made it long for good reason.*

So...name's Daniel. I live...somewhere in a remote part of LA, and I'm a 16-year old maniac. My favorite movie is Interstellar. I like chicken. And I hate random, arbitrary points like the two I just brought up. Seriously, why do people deliberately ask questions and say things neither person cares for? I'll never get it.

Anyway, I've mastered Photoshop CS6 after about ten years of work with it, and if nothing else, I could hook you guys up with any designs or...things you'd want me to make. As long as it's SFW/SFS.

I'm an every-few-days active YouTuber with a primary focus on gaming videos, as well as special attention to making content that's unique; hasn't been seen or done before. To give you an idea of my channel in a nutshell, here's the "Best of Everything" Montage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3uDl9Mc2uM

I'm quite a bit of a gamer too. Minecraft is the second-best thing I've ever played, and it would EASILY be number one if you didn't have to mod it to the potential I use it at. But my favorite game of all time is a three-way tie between The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, PlanetSide 2, and Grand Theft Auto V. Feels like cheating to put three games on top at once, but putting any one game higher would be too painful for me. My primary platform is my high-end Gaming PC, and if you want to, add me on steam @ godzillaclubking.

I have extremely sensitive ears, and my tastes in music are extremely distinctive. I only appreciate music that doesn't have lyrics, and is capable of inciting intense emotion exclusively from the instrumentals. I suppose that my current life is so boring that I hobby playing any one of my favorite songs, closing my eyes, and whisking myself away. To give you an idea of what I mean, here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2UtxjUdZQA

As far as personality goes, I'm an extremely consistent and logical person. I'm a well-trained public speaker and debater. I'm an atheist, but I really don't care at all what religion you are. I don't let religion (or lack thereof) get to my head, and I respect those who do the same.

I love to write creatively and dramatically, and have always had a natural proclivity for vocabulary and high English ability in general. I tend to write stream-of-consciousness with little to no prewriting, and it works for me. However, the result tends to be long, rambling essays not dramatically different from this one.

Anyway, enough about me! How about the people I'm looking for:
I'm a guy of extremes. My ideal person would either be someone so ridiculously similar to me that we're practically twins with different gender, OR someone so insanely far AWAY from my personality that getting along is initially inconceivable. I suggest this because it's nice to have people you know and understand, but in a way it's nicer to be challenged. Instead of emphasizing your strength, emphasizing your weaknesses. Opposites attract, essentially. That's what I'm getting at.

But no matter how similar or different you are to me, living in Los Angeles would be a huge help. For the rather obvious reason that long-distance rarely works. I would gladly show my Facebook, Skype, email, etc. here for you guys to see, but apparently that'll get me banned. So...message me! Leave a comment maybe. I want people to talk to, at the very least. A person to love at the very most. :)

Signed,

- Daniel

*TL:DR I'm a Godzilla fan, freelance writer, Photoshop master, PC Gamer, Minecrafter, Gaming YouTuber, Nintendo Fanboy, video editor, sound mixer, and devout music listener as hobbies. I'd like some buddies. Bonus points if female. But really, read this thing. I made it long for good reason.*

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2015, 5:35 am

My name is Yenna, I am 17 years old and I live in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. I am 168cm tall and I am not skinny but not chubby either. I used to have dark blond hair but I dyed it red and now it's brown. I have icy blue eyes and I have a white (pale) skin color. I live in a sort of care center where I live with 4 other teenagers under watch. I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS when I was 10 years old which recently got verified. I am in my last year of high school and I'd love to study "Economics - International Event, Music & Entertainment Studies" after that. My dream job would to be (on of the) main (financial) managers at big events. My hobbies are playing violin, working on 3D origami, drawing, listening to music and playing League of Legends. My favorite music is without a doubt from male Vocaloid characters. I do not have a boyfriend, but I have met someone who I like a lot. That's pretty much it I suppose.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 5:39 am

Hypnotized wrote:
My name is Yenna, I am 17 years old and I live in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. I am 168cm tall and I am not skinny but not chubby either. I used to have dark blond hair but I dyed it red and now it's brown. I have icy blue eyes and I have a white (pale) skin color. I live in a sort of care center where I live with 4 other teenagers under watch. I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS when I was 10 years old which recently got verified. I am in my last year of high school and I'd love to study "Economics - International Event, Music & Entertainment Studies" after that. My dream job would to be (on of the) main (financial) managers at big events. My hobbies are playing violin, working on 3D origami, drawing, listening to music and playing League of Legends. My favorite music is without a doubt from male Vocaloid characters. I do not have a boyfriend, but I have met someone who I like a lot. That's pretty much it I suppose.

Nice to meet you Yenna and welcome to WrongPlanet. I'm David.

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2015, 6:20 am

Kenya wrote:
Hypnotized wrote:

Nice to meet you Yenna and welcome to WrongPlanet. I'm David.

Nice to meet you too, David. (:

ronasp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Mar 2015, 8:14 am

Hi,
My name is Ron,
I live in Jersey City, NJ, but I'm originally from Brazil.
I'm a 25 yrs old white straight Latino, 5'11 with straight black hair, black eyes and slender build. People think I'm good looking(sight.)
Don't smoke but drink socially.
I'm diagnosed with mild Asperger only and I struggle alot socially.
I'm looking for a local aspie girl or someone "normal" who understands my condition. I'm not into African Americans.

TheTrueMayhem
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

My name is Wesley. I'm 19 years old. I live south of Boston, and am currently attending college there studying creative writing. I have brown hair and brown eyes. People say I have a way with words. I'm bisexual, but am looking for a girlfriend. I don't drink or smoke. I enjoy writing, reading, playing video games, listening to music, and art. I've been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, but I'd like to think that my handling of social situations has gotten better over the years. I'm currently looking for a girl who's quirky and awkward yet loving and compassionate, and preferably open-minded as well.

PM me if you'd like to get to know me.

princessarachne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2015, 3:27 am

I'm Dante. I'm 15. I live in MN (land of 10,000 solidified lakes). I have long curly black hair (That I want so desperately to be straight so I put it in a ponytail and it comes out wavy looking.) I'm kinda brown because I'm Iranian+hispanic+Georgian/former USSR countries. I'm very thin and I have 12% body fat (the things I say online :roll: )

I'm really gay and I'm poly. Also genderfluid (bio male) and greyromantic.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 7, I overheard my mom talking about it with one of her friends on the phone so I learned it that way xD. I have an IQ of 104 (And I'm surrounded by all these smart people!! ! 8O lol). I'm also a synesthete.

I'm an atheist and I'm v*an because I have an adamant, non-compromising, zealous stance on animal rights (Hunters are at risk of being poisoned by my animal-rights aura by coming within 100 meters of me xD). I don't mind religious people; occultists fascinate me. I'm kind of a new-ager but i'm atheist at the same time so I don't know how that works and I'm too tired rn :/

I speak intermediate chinese (which we learn in Tiger School xD) and a constructed language called Removian (Ok I made it lol). I really like anything that involves creativity and DOES NOT involve math (They put me in the accelerated math program and so I'll be taking calculus by the time i'm 16 lol #tigerschool). I play oboe/English horn, piano, and I compose. (I'm trying to write a non-crappy concerto but it's not working so well) I'm learning this on the oboe: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=vE2O_yfgtBU

I also write poetry, but it's horribly ugly and reading it would likely cause your eyes to turn to lava, which will scorch and melt the rest of your body. Really my poetry is filler for my handmade books (which I will probably sell on etsy. I dunno for sure)

I don't show any "typical signs of autism" anymore, apart from extreme introvertedness (Unless it's digital. Then I'm oppressively extroverted), and general awkwardness+anxiety. In general, I don't show much of anything; Nobody listens to what I say so I just don't talk anymore, and very rarely do people talk to me on their own accord. I do struggle with a lot of mental illness but it doesn't manifest itself in my daily life, it just makes me miserable af. I don't consider myself a cheery person, but I'm not one of those brooding sulking stereotypical teenagers either. I'm just weird, strange, and very, very queer. xD

About my username... we've all heard of arachne, the spider lady who was cursed by athena for being too conceited? Well I chose that name because the spider is undoubtedly the animal that represents me best. It's kind of ugly, creepy, industrious, creative (I think all its webs are the same but I like to anthropomorphize things it's just my nature) , reclusive, hairy, and hated/feared by everyone. I've identified with this animal ever since I was 4 years old.

About dating and sh*t: I kinda have my eye on someone (not literally. He lives in Boston and I don't think the eye muscles can stretch that far xD), but like I said, I'm poly and wouldn't mind having multiple eyes on multiple people. I am NOT INTERESTED in anyone who is a hunter, eats meat out of choice (they would be v*gan but they can't bc of money/health), or is a poly hater. I couldn't care less about age, just as long as you're not younger than 14 or creepy. As for race... I really don't know tbh I'd have to see your picture first. I am looking for a romantic relationship currently (poly or no, i don't care). I like most body types, but what really matters to me is that the person of interest is healthy (clear skin, shiny hair, relatively mentally stable, not extremely fat or thin, that kinda thing). I don't really like piercings. Not because i think they're ugly or anything, but because they're triggering (not going to go into that). Oh yes, and I made a survey. It rates on a scale of 0% to 100%. The best score was an 83% (by the guy I mentioned earlier). I go to a tiger school, which means that I have 6 hours of homework per day, so once spring break ends it might take a while for me to respond to you.

If you fit the description and are interested...

I'll let you finish that sentence. 8)
再见

Last edited by princessarachne on 01 Apr 2015, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

princessarachne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2015, 3:28 am

^^ It took 3 hours of careful word/emoticon smithing to write that so you'd better read it all!! !

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 12:15 am

My name is Aaron (I hate it though) and I'm 25 years old.
Physically, I'm pretty average height (176 cm). A bit overweight at the moment (it fluctuates quite a bit).
I have olive skin, dark brown hair, and brown eyes. My hair is very curly.
I'm a lot stronger than I look, or so I've been told by many people.

Diagnosed with high functioning autism at 25 (four months ago). Despite that, still somewhat in doubt.
As long as I'm not nervous I usually do pretty well in social situations.

I believe in a higher power, but don't subscribe to any religion. My beliefs are pretty complex to say the least.

I love nature. Especially forests, lakes, and mountains.
It deeply bothers me how much humans continue to "develop" land for new houses or businesses.
I feel like our world is going to end up looking like Coruscant from Star Wars (if it's around that long)

I have a deep fascination with the moon, and literally can't stop looking at it sometimes.

Some other things about me:
-I love darkness and dislike sunlight (but put up with it because I have to). I also prefer a nocturnal sleep cycle, though my current job doesn't allow it.
-My IQ is on the high end of "near genius"
-Practiced psionics briefly. Never had success with anything other than temperature manipulation.
-I'm genderqueer and unsure about my sexual orientation
-I am also a therianthrope

I can't do veganism or vegetarianism.
I get in a very bad frame of mind when I go too long without meat (i.e. it's all I can think about and I have a strong compulsion to get some, no matter what the source). I'm not able to digest most vegetables either (even if they're cooked).

LucidDark0629
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Apr 2015, 12:01 pm

I'm new, so I'm going to do this like any other social interaction I'm forced to endure during a typical workday... I'm just going to jump right in!

Hi! My name is Austin. I'm twenty four years old, from the American south. I was diagnosed around the age of ten, but only realized the full bredth of the scope of what I had until a few years ago. I'm single, just getting out of a deep depression associated with my last relationship blowing up in my face. A five year relationship, I might add.

I'm an artist. I've been drawing since the age of six. I also write, aaand enjoy fiction immensely (which is something that I understand is atypical of people with AS). I want to illustrate a comic at some point in the near future.

I'm going to stop here because this is turning into a wall of text and I know people don't like those.

:p

Xelatoneffer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Apr 2015, 1:42 am

I'm Alex. I like to listen to music, collect records, watch 80's movies, practice guitar, learn about ancient civilizations, and read. I'm from the Bay Area and I'm an Aspie. I make lots of puns and I'm knows for my sense of humor.

jhimmichael
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2015, 2:00 am

Hey guys im 37 single and im a marijuana recreational user and im looking for someone to go on a date, have a talk while smoking POT.

Double_Stuffed_Oreo_Girl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Apr 2015, 1:31 pm

Hi! My name is Dianne, I'm 24, I enjoy doing a lot of things! This isn't really an "obsession." But it's my current focus right now: Auto Mechanics..I'm learning about cars front and back because who wouldn't want complete control and customization on your dream vehicle..lol. I have aspergers and currently employed as a cashier ...ok STOP RIGHT THERE you say...lol a cashier?! Yep.. I am a cashier with aspergers...and it's not the easiest job for me, but I just get behind the counter and do it. There's a little bit about me hit me up for a chat ;) 8)

SKSFox1999
Raven
Raven

17 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

I'm 16
I'm a slav

I live in one of the most conservative cities in the entire United States (Abilene TX). I reflect many of Abilene's popular political views as well.
I am a furry