Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 74 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 91  Next

anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2014, 6:39 am

nah i hate doing that
as a human im pathetic in human terms

CynicalWaffle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2014, 1:05 pm

I hate kids, I hate dogs, especially puppies. I hate adults.

And most importantly, I hate YOU. 8)

Thanks for reading.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm

But you like Speed Racer.

I'm Don. I'm 53 and I've been working at the same job (data entry) for 34 years.

I'm married.

I am prone to acting weird--but I won't act weird with people I don't know.

I like sports, documentaries, biographies, paleoanthropology, cultural anthropology, and many other things. I don't know too much about video games, anime, and other "modern" things. I'm computer literate--but not at "university" level.

I'm not a "throwback," though. I'll try anything.

I certainly don't act 53; at times, I might act 13 or so.

I'm not particularly tall--but I'm aware there are advantages to being short.

I don't believe Asperger's/Autism is necessarily a curse. If it could be channeled properly, Asperger's/Autism could provide an alternative means to one to attain success.

mollymills
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm

My name is Molly. I'm a 25-year-old lady.

I worship the Lord Cthulhu.

I am an abstract expressionist.

I can cook paella.

I have a thing for bricky-red lipsticks.

I never approach men, so I always wind up dating aggressive lunatics.

Sigh.

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

Hello, my name is Caesár, I'm 17 years old.

There aren't many people with their name written exactly like that.
I tried to look it up once and I found one other Caesár but I couldn't find any other information about him.
Maybe I time travelled to the past and it was actually my son that I named after myself or something, it is possible lol.

Anyways, I'm a silent a not-as-shy-as-I-used-to-be person but I write waaay better than I talk.
I like talking to people on forums because I'm not shy on the internet, probably because writing a posts isn't as hard as starting a conversation.
Though I'm still too shy to start my own topics.

I have this light switch thing with my mood.

When someone tells me that I'm funny, I will think that every funny thing I do is actually funny.
But when someone gives me negative critique on something, on college assignments for example, than I will feel sad about it.
I made a website once for a project at college and I got a lot of negative critique on it.
I do not like critique, especially not for something I don't like to do, in this case building a website, but it's part of my college study so I don't complain about it.

I know it wasn't personal, but I just felt sad about it because from my point of view, it looked like everyone else got compliments on their layouts and I got more negative ones than positive.

I also that the class hates me even though I know they don't.

No one from any class I have been in ever wants to talk to me (except for my friends)
In the last 5 years, from 6th grade to now, no one from my class has ever commented on my Facebook statuses (except for my friends)
And yes, I know I shouldn't make a big deal out of that but it seriously hurts me that it happens.
I used to be more shy than I am now, but I'm still bad at starting conversations, I prefer people starting conversations with me because they're better at it.
But they never seem to start one either.

Most of the lunch breaks, I sit in my hallway one my phone and I spend my time by going on forums, where I do get responses every day but it's also rare, but it still makes me happy because I don't have the idea that no one wants to talk to me.

I don't want to be that silent, lonely kid from class but it's just hard for me to say something.

Whoa, this is something I wanted to say all day long but I didn't expect this post to become so big.

Thank you if you read all of that, I really appreciate that you took your time for that.
Also if you just read a part of it, looked at it or if it subconciously came by. (Not sure if I Englished that correctly.)

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 6:18 pm

Caesar wrote:
Hello, my name is Caesár, I'm 17 years old.

There aren't many people with their name written exactly like that.
I tried to look it up once and I found one other Caesár but I couldn't find any other information about him.
Maybe I time travelled to the past and it was actually my son that I named after myself or something, it is possible lol.

Anyways, I'm a silent a not-as-shy-as-I-used-to-be person but I write waaay better than I talk.
I like talking to people on forums because I'm not shy on the internet, probably because writing a posts isn't as hard as starting a conversation.
Though I'm still too shy to start my own topics.

I have this light switch thing with my mood.

When someone tells me that I'm funny, I will think that every funny thing I do is actually funny.
But when someone gives me negative critique on something, on college assignments for example, than I will feel sad about it.
I made a website once for a project at college and I got a lot of negative critique on it.
I do not like critique, especially not for something I don't like to do, in this case building a website, but it's part of my college study so I don't complain about it.

I know it wasn't personal, but I just felt sad about it because from my point of view, it looked like everyone else got compliments on their layouts and I got more negative ones than positive.

I also that the class hates me even though I know they don't.

No one from any class I have been in ever wants to talk to me (except for my friends)
In the last 5 years, from 6th grade to now, no one from my class has ever commented on my Facebook statuses (except for my friends)
And yes, I know I shouldn't make a big deal out of that but it seriously hurts me that it happens.
I used to be more shy than I am now, but I'm still bad at starting conversations, I prefer people starting conversations with me because they're better at it.
But they never seem to start one either.

Most of the lunch breaks, I sit in my hallway one my phone and I spend my time by going on forums, where I do get responses every day but it's also rare, but it still makes me happy because I don't have the idea that no one wants to talk to me.

I don't want to be that silent, lonely kid from class but it's just hard for me to say something.

Whoa, this is something I wanted to say all day long but I didn't expect this post to become so big.

Thank you if you read all of that, I really appreciate that you took your time for that.
Also if you just read a part of it, looked at it or if it subconciously came by. (Not sure if I Englished that correctly.)

Hey Caesar. I'm David. You have an interesting name. Reminds me of Caesar from Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes and Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes. Have you ever seen those movies? They're definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen them yet. I totally understand what you're saying about being frustrated towards negative critiques of something you don't even want to do in the first place. Believe me, 4 1/2 semesters at a community college taught me about that the hard way. I'm slightly curious, what're some of your interests?

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2014, 5:20 am

My name is Darby, I am 37 years old (will be 38 in a couple of weeks), I am an American living in Sweden.
I have three children ages 5, 7, and 11. I am married, my husband is Swedish and is a professional musician and author. He has a pretty well known black metal project where he writes and plays all the music himself. I am an artist that works with a variety of different mediums and at the moment I am creating my own book at the moment which features art and poetry. We live in a cabin from the 1700's in the forest. We are hoping to be as self sufficient as possible, we are the the process of creating a sustainable farm on our land.

Two of my children have been diagnosed with autism and I have as well.

I have been diagnosed with chronic retinal migraines, chronic aura migraines, and chronic cluster headaches, there is no cure. I also have been diagnosed with complex PTSD and Desnos. I have a very loving and supportive husband and children, they help me through my struggles so I am very grateful for them.

CynicalWaffle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2014, 10:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
But you like Speed Racer.

Actually, I only have this avatar because I had to pick one. Unless.....you can actually post without choosing an avatar. If that's the case, I'm gonna feel REALLY dumb.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 3:37 pm

I am me

SoldierBoy
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2014, 10:28 pm

I'm a 22-year-old male college student, majoring in history and minoring in theater, and I'm interested in connecting with a girl who is interested in a monogamous relationship. I like going to movies, reading books, using the Internet for research, entertainment, and social networking, listening to music, attending or participating in theater productions, and going to social events. I like animals, and I have a dog who is very sweet, albeit rambunctious and not quite house-broken yet.

Plum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2014, 7:28 pm

I am avoiding going to bed because I got up at 2pm today and even though I have taken 5mg melatonin over an hour ago I still don't want to go to sleep. This is odd because I really love sleep but I think it's the case of the Sunday evening blues - going to bed means when I wake up it will be Monday and time to go to work. I don't mind my work so much but it's cold now and everything feels like such an effort.

I am not a collection of data. I mean, of course I am but I don't like to describe myself as such. I probably don't really correspond to most of my data anyway. It would be misleading. My age, for example. I feel really old and really young and somewhere in the middle. It makes no sense. I never fit into anything neatly but in questionnaires and tests, almost always come off somewhere in the middle. I am very boring but outside I look like I am really interesting. I always feel like I am letting people down because they expect something from me which I cannot supply.

Intimacy intimidates me.

This is nice. I can finally unload this stuff without feeling like I have to connect to someone over it. People always want to connect, it makes me very uncomfortable. I don't really get the mechanics of it.

My fingers feel very cold.

I made jam or a preserve yesterday. Not really sure. Basically I boiled down three bags of frozen summer berries and whatever was left of the bag of caster sugar I found in the cupboard. It tastes nice. I ate lots of it but there is a small jar left. I should probably not eat any more of it for a while.

This is quite fun. I can just go on and on and on and there are no horrified faces looking at me because 'I've gone off on one again'

:)

Know your rights: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/communication-success/201406/how-spot-and-stop-manipulators

Xenocide77
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2014, 12:50 am

I'm Josiah. I am a 17 year old male with blue eyes and blonde hair. I enjoy sketching, soundtracks from video games, and fiction books. I (obviously) and an aspie who has been aware of this condition for 4 years. I have never been in a relationship due to social clumsiness and an apparent pickiness. I have hopes of one day writing my own books and becoming a functioning member of society. That day seems farther away as each day passes however.

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2014, 1:28 am

I am Groot.

Really, I'm biologically male, but I don't have a gender identity (skipping past that rabbit hole). I'm currently living in the states, gmt -6. I haven't been on this site in a while, but some rough happenings in my life made me remember a haven where people understand. While I'm not strictly opposed to a romantic relationship, I'm not seeking one. Really, I'd like some new people to chat with. I'm old enough to drink, but smart enough not to. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't drink coffee, soda, or most teas. My top interest should be obvious from my name (you can google it easy). I tend to self-teach myself various scientific topics through the internet (currently web programming stuff). I was diagnosed with Aspergers just over 4 years ago.
And I should mention another detail. It's a behavior which is rare, but happens. Sometimes I will completely cut myself off from society (on the net and in the physical world) for weeks or even months at a time. There are some places I've never returned to. But I'll keep coming back here.
I'm just interested in talking to some new people who I know will understand the aspie part of my life.

Mrrandomman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2015, 7:32 am

My name is Keegan (Irish descent). My family calls me a Heinz 57 (ketchup brand) because I am part German, Portugese (I have no need for sunscreen!) and part everything else.

Lockig92
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jan 2015, 6:01 pm

My name is Alex, which is what I'm known as to people who don't really know me. It's a name that stuck after I was hospitalised for some time a few years back. My birth name is actually Alice, which is what I'm still known as to family.

Anyhow, I live in rural North Yorkshire, England. I was born and raised here although I am ethnically only 1/4 English. I am 22 years old, a fairly typical Virgo personality type, 6ft 1 inches in height, brown eyes, and curly brown hair (which is incidentally where my username originates from, "Lockig" is the German word for curly).

I enjoy walking and nature, especially woodland and the beach, cats (I have a boisterous 12 year old Norwegian forest cat), writing (I'm an avid poetry writer), and studying the subjects of psychology, neurology, and forensics. I also have an interest in mental health law, psychiatry, and psychiatric pharmaceuticals. Another one of my interests is art, particularly life drawing (my preferred medium is charcoal).

Enochian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jan 2015, 2:53 am

My name is Jacob, I'm 19.
I was diagnosed with Asperger's at age 6, but I've gotten adept at camouflaging the symptoms, to the point where
I can pass as NT. I don't really see Asperger's as a negative, just a difference. Still, it's a difference that makes it difficult to relate to most people.

I live in Vallejo, California. I like to immerse myself in fictional worlds, and invent my own. I write short stories, play video games, watch television, and read books. I'm open to conversation with pretty much anyone, but I rarely reach out to people, because I'm kind of shy.

I can occasionally be humorous, but I wouldn't actually call myself "funny." When I try to be funny, it comes off as forced. Also, I'm pretty introspective, as you may have noticed already. I'm here on WrongPlanet to interact with other people on the spectrum, and possibly make friends.