Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SirTimmerman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm

I don't quite understand. I watched the youtube video linked in the blog post, and read a blog entry of a womon who got involved in Gamergate because of her autistic daughter; it seems like there is merely an assumption that this L.A. person was talking about autistic people. Did leigh alexander ever explicitly say anything negative about autistic people in relation to gamer gate, or at all?

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 9:47 pm

starkid wrote:
I don't quite understand. I watched the youtube video linked in the blog post, and read a blog entry of a womon who got involved in Gamergate because of her autistic daughter; it seems like there is merely an assumption that this L.A. person was talking about autistic people. Did leigh alexander ever explicitly say anything negative about autistic people in relation to gamer gate, or at all?

I think Leigh Alexander is essentially being accused of engaging in dog whistle politics with autistic gamers. If that's correct, then saying anything explicitly negative to/about autistic people would be contrary to the whole point, which is to make statements that only members of the targeted group will perceive as targeting them.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2015, 11:14 pm

starkid wrote:

Leigh Alexander is just crazy nothing else about it. When someone says that bias is a good thing that is when your realize they are completely out of touch of reality.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 12:00 am

Orangez wrote:
Leigh Alexander is just crazy nothing else about it. When someone says that bias is a good thing that is when your realize they are completely out of touch of reality.

I can't judge that out of context. "Bias" has both negative and neutral meanings.

Garantha
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2016, 2:00 pm

Orangez wrote:
starkid wrote:

Bias can be a good thing, without it we wouldn't be able to form our own personal opinions. If you believe something is wrong you are biased against it and if you think something is good you are biased against it. There are some jobs, critics being the first thing that comes to mind, that require a biased opinion about whether the critic likes it or not.