Why should the government "help" people with Aspergers?

Page 14 of 16 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2015, 8:21 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...In talking about my ongoing problems I am , presently , concentrating on the " Homeless stuff on the Web ? " line that I have , as there's been developments there .

Canadian1911 wrote:
Has there seriously been no new posts here since 18 days ago? wow.

Good developments, I hope?

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2015, 11:29 pm

For those on governemnt assistance wether it be provincial in Canada or national in the states, You can make a double cheese burger for about $1.

I buy a pack of 8 buns from Dollarama for $1.50 then, a pack of 8 patties from a grocery store (cheapest I can find) and the cheapest cheese slices I can find.

I had one for dinner today, it was mouth watering.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 11:47 pm

Canadian1911 wrote:
For those on governemnt assistance wether it be provincial in Canada or national in the states, You can make a double cheese burger for about $1.

I buy a pack of 8 buns from Dollarama for $1.50 then, a pack of 8 patties from a grocery store (cheapest I can find) and the cheapest cheese slices I can find.

I had one for dinner today, it was mouth watering.

I know I would not be able to go for the cheapest cheese, since that is the super processed stuff that makes me nauseous....so if I want to actually eat the burger and gain nutrients rather than getting sick I'd have to go for the cheapest 'real' cheese. I think though I am going to start trying out recipes for lentil soup with vegetables in it because I am going to need to start making my food stamps stretch further and just budgeting in general as I am likely moving soon and will be paying probably a bit more in rent/utilities than I am now.

Sometimes I wish my digestive system wasn't so sensitive....it would be much easier to feed myself with the funds I have, but alas its a little tricky but maybe I can just get in the routine of making up food I can refridgerate/freeze for later like I could make a big thing of lentil soup and then have it last me the week or things like that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 11:54 pm

Canadian1911 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Those people who advocate for doing away with food assistance to poor and disabled people should be reminded just how financially disastrous that would be for business, as businesses have become so dependent on the buying power of people using that very assistance.

True, as well as how it keeps crime at bay. Without assistance, crime would rise because poverty would rise. I'd commit suicide, but im sure others would probably "do what must be done".

It the government/system put me in a position I was desperate for food...I wouldn't just kill myself, granted I would likely get killed but no dying without a fight here, if it really came down to people being barred from basic means of survival. Of course what I am picturing is a martial law type senerio as I imaigne they would pre-emptively en-state that before cutting all the food or other benefits the poor qualify for as they'd have to be idiots to think people wouldn't be ready to attempt some kind of uprising.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 2:18 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I know I would not be able to go for the cheapest cheese, since that is the super processed stuff that makes me nauseous....so if I want to actually eat the burger and gain nutrients rather than getting sick I'd have to go for the cheapest 'real' cheese. I think though I am going to start trying out recipes for lentil soup with vegetables in it because I am going to need to start making my food stamps stretch further and just budgeting in general as I am likely moving soon and will be paying probably a bit more in rent/utilities than I am now.

Sometimes I wish my digestive system wasn't so sensitive....it would be much easier to feed myself with the funds I have, but alas its a little tricky but maybe I can just get in the routine of making up food I can refridgerate/freeze for later like I could make a big thing of lentil soup and then have it last me the week or things like that.

cheapest cheese or that kraft cheese. here theres winco cheese 5.60, tillmook 6.98, and brandon which is anywhere from 5-7. i kinda like wincos cause its mild rather then medium.

I've been eating chicken and rice. $9 for 10 servings of chicken and 3.50 for 19 servings of rice then add $2.50 for 15 servings of seasoning for rice. and now trying v8 to get fruit and veggies. 1.58 a meal. but that only enough for 2 meals a day. each about 500 calories. so about 1000 of the 2k a day I need. get some more food mom buys with some of my ssi though. trying though :S atleast rice fills me up more i think.

how does one freeze cooked meat then reheat it later.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 2:19 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Canadian1911 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Those people who advocate for doing away with food assistance to poor and disabled people should be reminded just how financially disastrous that would be for business, as businesses have become so dependent on the buying power of people using that very assistance.

True, as well as how it keeps crime at bay. Without assistance, crime would rise because poverty would rise. I'd commit suicide, but im sure others would probably "do what must be done".

It the government/system put me in a position I was desperate for food...I wouldn't just kill myself, granted I would likely get killed but no dying without a fight here, if it really came down to people being barred from basic means of survival. Of course what I am picturing is a martial law type senerio as I imaigne they would pre-emptively en-state that before cutting all the food or other benefits the poor qualify for as they'd have to be idiots to think people wouldn't be ready to attempt some kind of uprising.

lot of the military rely on said systems so I don't know who would do the martial law.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 2:31 am

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

cheapest cheese or that kraft cheese. here theres winco cheese 5.60, tillmook 6.98, and brandon which is anywhere from 5-7. i kinda like wincos cause its mild rather then medium.

I've been eating chicken and rice. $9 for 10 servings of chicken and 3.50 for 19 servings of rice then add $2.50 for 15 servings of seasoning for rice. and now trying v8 to get fruit and veggies. 1.58 a meal. but that only enough for 2 meals a day. each about 500 calories. so about 1000 of the 2k a day I need. get some more food mom buys with some of my ssi though. trying though :S atleast rice fills me up more i think.

I would not freeze cooked meat, but it should stay good in the refrigerator for a few days I'd think....or like with green chilie that has pork in it I think it can be frozen and reheated but not like a steak or a burger or something like that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 2:54 am

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I would not freeze cooked meat, but it should stay good in the refrigerator for a few days I'd think....or like with green chilie that has pork in it I think it can be frozen and reheated but not like a steak or a burger or something like that.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 3:19 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

ah. only way I saw able to reduce cost more would be to buy bulk chicken cook it then freeze it for future meals. suppose reason why companies can do itis flash freezing?

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 May 2015, 6:34 am

Gotta say, I'm lucky to be Canadian and just get $1098 form the provinical government at the moment, just use a debit card from a regular bank. rent is $525 phone is $80 after that like $500 left. Im good.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 4:13 pm

...For more Stuff About Me right now , check my " Where Should T&his Aspie Go ? " line in The Haven .
Just updated it now :wink: :) !

Canadian1911 wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
...In talking about my ongoing problems I am , presently , concentrating on the " Homeless stuff on the Web ? " line that I have , as there's been developments there .

Canadian1911 wrote:
Has there seriously been no new posts here since 18 days ago? wow.

Good developments, I hope?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 4:23 pm

Canadian1911 wrote:
Gotta say, I'm lucky to be Canadian and just get $1098 form the provinical government at the moment, just use a debit card from a regular bank. rent is $525 phone is $80 after that like $500 left. Im good.

here in us i get $650 then $150 for food only.
so yeah you're lucky.

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2015, 2:57 am

sly279 wrote:
Canadian1911 wrote:

so yeah you're lucky.

Wow, but I thought the minimum SSDI was like $1100?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 6:26 am

Canadian1911 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Canadian1911 wrote:

so yeah you're lucky.

SSDI is for people who have become disabled after working for a number of years. It is based on past earnings with no minimum.

Most people here would be on SSI. This is for disabled people who have never worked. Last time I checked, the federal max was a bit less than $800.00/month.

...a tip for those concerned about food.

Leg-quarters are REALLY cheap. You can buy a 10lb bag for about $6.00. That's usually 8 leg-quarters. Buy some freezer bags and package them up, 2 to a bag and freeze them raw.

When you're ready to eat, plop them in a pot, frozen and let them cook until tender. Then remove them and pull the meat off the bones.

Take the chicken stock you just made and use it to cook your rice. After that, combine the (now boneless) chicken with the rice and some frozen veggies (normandy blend is cheap) for a wholesome, and thrifty meal...

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2015, 4:53 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
Canadian1911 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Canadian1911 wrote:

so yeah you're lucky.

SSDI is for people who have become disabled after working for a number of years. It is based on past earnings with no minimum.

Most people here would be on SSI. This is for disabled people who have never worked. Last time I checked, the federal max was a bit less than $800.00/month.

...a tip for those concerned about food.

Leg-quarters are REALLY cheap. You can buy a 10lb bag for about $6.00. That's usually 8 leg-quarters. Buy some freezer bags and package them up, 2 to a bag and freeze them raw.

When you're ready to eat, plop them in a pot, frozen and let them cook until tender. Then remove them and pull the meat off the bones.

Take the chicken stock you just made and use it to cook your rice. After that, combine the (now boneless) chicken with the rice and some frozen veggies (normandy blend is cheap) for a wholesome, and thrifty meal...

I'll try your chicken recipe. And wow, that is sucky. Don't they know that someones disability is maybe the reason why they haven't worked yet? Luckily in Ontario the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) realizes that both people who have worked in the past and have never worked depending on when they became disabled, are still equal citizens.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 1:23 pm

well max is 750 for both ssdi/ssi. I'm on both so when i got on ssdi, my ssi went down the amount i got from ssdi so two checks which is confusing but then it screwed up my insurance so now I have two insurance plans :roll:

well here in the us many think people on ssi are just theifs who should die. while they somewhat accept ssdi people, but still think they are stealing their money.