Page 3 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 12:15 am

AntDog wrote:
Ignores Benghazi, does whatever she wants when it is prohibited, she even blathers nonstop about imaginary "male privilege" like Obama does about "white privilege" that he keeps imagining. Sounds like a white female version of what we have now.

And male privilege and white privilege doesn't exist? Ask most women and blacks, and you'll get opinions contrary to your own.
And as far as Benghazi is concerned, congressional Republicans had in fact released their own findings, in which they conceded that all that conspiracy talk is just that, talk, and that it was just a tragic incident. But then again, if you get your news from Fox, you wouldn't hear anything about that.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 4:44 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Seemed is the word. A mythology has grown about the liberal progressive idealistic 60's generation propagated by the aging activists themselves..
@ASPartOfMe I can't agree 100%. My point being about the generation most likely to aspire to the White House in the next generation, consider the the following.

First:
(This is from http://www.people-press.org/2011/11/03/the-generation-gap-and-the-2012-election-3/). Please consider the two lines that together represent the ages 37 through 54 and notice how much redder they are than the others.

Now this one:
Image. Same thing.

The cohort most likely to produce our next President is inarguably more Republican than all others (although I suppose you could argue about how statistically meaningful the difference is). The first of the contenders, Ted Cruz of Texas (age 44), just declared today (or yesterday) I believe.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:25 pm

Some of these ages are screwed up. When I turned 18 in September 1975 Ford had been President for 13 months. I am 57 1/2 right now smack in the middle of the 55-60 group.

Cruz is officially in. Tweeted announcement overnight. Announcement speech today.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:35 pm

It doesn't matter what a person's race, gender, religion or sexual preference is. If they're a politician, they're the scum of the earth.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 11:16 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Americans are too concerned with personal, and character sniping in politics.

Although I hate french politics, they have pretty much got it right were personal matters are concerned. What matters is performance, not private life.

The rumours about Hillary, why are they coming out now an not before? Criticise her political performance. Margaret Thatcher wasn't a looker.

The rumors about Hillary----I'm assuming you're talking about the rumors saying she's a lesbian, cold-hearted, a liar, etc.----are NOT just "coming-out now"----those rumors have been around since Bill was in the White House.

As for "criticize her political performance"----THAT issue gets, at LEAST, "equal time", IMO.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 11:41 pm

The wicked witch is now running.
Her logo looks like the flag of Cuba.

Last edited by AntDog on 12 Apr 2015, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 11:50 pm

AntDog wrote:
The witch is now running.
Her logo looks like the flag of Cuba.

I'm not a big Hillary fan, but I'd choose her over a bigoted, holy roller fundie like ted Cruz in a heart beat.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2015, 1:21 am

From a FB friend:

"A Game of Thrones premiere and a Hillary candidacy announcement in the same day! One is about treachery, adultery, murder, and Machiavellian power games, and the other is by George R. R. Martin."

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 2:29 am

luan78zao wrote:
From a FB friend:

"A Game of Thrones premiere and a Hillary candidacy announcement in the same day! One is about treachery, adultery, murder, and Machiavellian power games, and the other is by George R. R. Martin."

:roll:

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2015, 12:34 pm

I think it's very sad that Hillary Clinton is the best the Democrats can come up with. America NEEDS Elizabeth Warren, but that just ain't happening, so come 2017, we'll either have a dangerous, psychotic Republican as President or a (very slightly) less dangerous and psychotic President Hillary Clinton.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 1:41 pm

^^^
AMEN!

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm

There's no doubt, 'she' can do the job.

And her name recognition is almost Universal.

That's a plus, as she will be remembered at the ballot
BOX, if nothing else, by the majority of Americans who
do not give an F about politics, at all, paying politics,
rarely any attention, at all.

There are too many other things to do,

instead of worrying about a
relative political soap opera that is
not going to change that much
no matter who goes into highest office.

But I for one, will never vote for anyone who lets
religion and all things associated with that rule their
life.

And that is what almost any Republican Presidential
candidate, with any 'real pluses', to get 'Tea Party Support',
and the like, is truly all about, at core of all vital policies
effecting all of the country's constituents, including
those who have the ability to

THINK
FOR THEM
SELF..:)

Hillary is going to win.

Mark my words, now; it's as simple as that.

I could be wrong; but I doubt it, seriously, as

a life-long special interest of all things politics,

until it gets too boring, for even me, to look at, NOW.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 6:57 pm

She's running for Bill Clinton's 3rd term. I do think its almost inevitable that she'll be the Democratic nominee, but if she can beat whomever the Republican's nominate, that is really up in the air. There's people in both parties who will never, ever vote for a candidate of the other party and who knows if she aligns with the remaining voters better or worse than a potential Republican challenger - and then never mind the electoral college math. To me, though, the potential Republican nominees range from moderate to severe political differences with my own viewpoint, though differences I can appreciate and respect, to some that I find to be just outright bat s**t insane or extreme beyond comprehension. I don't want Bill Clinton's 3rd term, but I'm not sure I want the first term of some of these other guys either.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 8:45 pm

Hillary as president? Please, no.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 9:39 pm

genesis529 wrote:
I think it's very sad that Hillary Clinton is the best the Democrats can come up with. America NEEDS Elizabeth Warren, but that just ain't happening, so come 2017, we'll either have a dangerous, psychotic Republican as President or a (very slightly) less dangerous and psychotic President Hillary Clinton.

Hillary gets a bad rap but she's actually better than Bill.

hedone
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Apr 2015, 2:25 am

I honestly don't care if she is likable or not. I think there are many "likable" politicians who were/are terrible at their jobs. If she is good at her job, that's all I care about.