Page 1 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 2:54 am

It seems like I see article after article analyzing her likely run and whether or not she's inevitable, but what I don't see is anyone who genuinely seems to want her in the White House for anything other than partisan reasons; I think the most recent poll I saw showed that her most exciting trait was being female. So, I'm curious, anyone here actually excited for a Hilary run, or just more shrugging at the inevitable?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 7:52 am

She's a smart lady. I don't find her personality particularly attractive--I'm sure she's a slave-driver LOL.

She's probably good for Bill, though--and vice versa.

If she could implement some of her past national health-care ideas--and get us out of ObamaCare, then I might like her a bit better.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 8:44 am

She's wealthy.

She's a politician.

She wasn't able to keep her horn-dog husband happy enough to prevent him from turning to that fan-girl of an intern for his pleasure.

She's what we call a "Limousine Liberal" - her wealth and status keep her out of touch with the lower and middle classes she claims to support, and she is blind to this 'privilege'.

So what's not to like?

:lol:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 9:17 am

No way, José----NOT ME!! I think she's a SNAKE----she'll smile in your face, and bitecha in the butt!! Yeah, I know male politicians are the same----but, I want women to be better, than than----no MATTER, their occupation!!

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 9:28 am

Wow fnord, don't hold back, why not tell us what you really think :D

But I agree 100%, and my wife calls her a whore for staying with Bill for her political reasons.

She's the same idiotic (the reason I believe for the missing emails) stupid selfish person I remember (I think I remember the Chinese government, or other,.....more gently...., calling her "funny").

I wish I was a fly on the wall when Obama talked her out of running and appointed the greedy fool our Secretary of State.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 11:38 am

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm

^^ LOL----LOVE it!!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 9:21 am

The one thing that would be horribly predictable is that if she did get elected the rule of law would need to bend to accommodate her, not just on small things but very big and risky ones, and her answer to criticism would typically be in line with "Don't you know who I am!?".

So yeah, I wouldn't look forward to it at all. It would be like having 2 Bill's.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 9:36 am

At the 1996 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, most of the delegates (including me) gave her a standing ovation before her Address by the First Lady. She milked it for 24 minutes. No kidding. 24 minutes?!? She could have stepped up to the podium and asked politely that they allow her to speak so that they could enjoy her speech even more so. But, nooo. She wondered the stage waving and gushing. After about five minutes, I thought it was excessive. After 10 minutes, I was convinced it was all faked and manufactured. I and most other delegates sat down and stopped applauding. She and her troops keep it rolling for another 14 minutes.

Ego. Simply, ego.

And, from what we have learned from her temperament in more recent years ("what difference, at this point, does [the questionable murder of embassy workers] make?!?"), I am disgusted by her ongoing behavior. Besides, isn't it bad enough that every U.S. president is a cousin to the rest (and me, :oops: )? Do we actually, really need dynasties in America? Whether it is the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Kennedys, the Bushes or the Clintons, none of them have ever done better than their familial predecessors (who weren't fantastic in hindsight, anyway).

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Last edited by AspieUtah on 17 Mar 2015, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 9:39 am

I have nothing but contempt for all politicians.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 9:56 am

I would agree in pertinence to the recent proliferation of political "dynasties" in the US.

Bill Clinton was not the product of a dynasty, though. He was his own man.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 10:34 am

I abhor the idea of her for president. I am also on the Anybody But Bush movement when it comes to the primaries because of his amnesty stance.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 10:16 am

I like her. She's"ballsy." A "ballsy" woman could be a great president.[ and yes, I am liberal]

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 10:34 am

I'd vote for her before I'd vote for Sarah Palin but I would definitely vote for either of them over Kate Gosselin if she ever ran for public office and I could vote for the office she was after.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 10:43 am

Sarah Palin and Kate Gosselin do not exactly evoke warm feelings--as far as their leadership capabilities are concerned.

Hilary is, probably, a slave driver--but she'd probably make at least a decent leader.

I'm not particularly fond of her, however.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 10:52 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Do we actually, really need dynasties in America? Whether it is the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Kennedys, the Bushes or the Clintons, none of them have ever done better than their familial predecessors (who weren't fantastic in hindsight, anyway).

Nepotism
Quote:
Nepotism is favoritism granted in politics or business to relatives. The term originated with the assignment of nephews to cardinal positions by Catholic popes and bishops. Nepotism is found in various fields including: politics, entertainment, business, and religion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism#By_country

Good old USofA politicians are just playing catchup with the rest of the world. Better get used to it I suppose.