Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

trollcatman wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
My English parents left Quebec, where I was born, because of the Townships becoming more francophone. My father spoke French, but he was the only one of us. So I spent my first 4 years there. Not a lot of time, but enough so the I miss it sometimes. But I wouldn't want to live there as an anglophone. Les Quebecois like Americans better than Les Anglais.

Canada sounds just like Belgium, except for the cold weather :D

But you guys have more languages to deal with. :)

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:50 pm

androbot01 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
My English parents left Quebec, where I was born, because of the Townships becoming more francophone. My father spoke French, but he was the only one of us. So I spent my first 4 years there. Not a lot of time, but enough so the I miss it sometimes. But I wouldn't want to live there as an anglophone. Les Quebecois like Americans better than Les Anglais.

Canada sounds just like Belgium, except for the cold weather :D

But you guys have more languages to deal with. :)

Belgium only has Dutch, French and German. Canada has English, French and all of the First Nations languages, they have a lot more official languages than Belgium.
I'm not from Belgium btw, I'm from the Netherlands. We are Belgium's big brother. Their rude, pot-smoking big brother.
The Netherlands also has more languages than Belgium on a regional level, Dutch is the official language but Frisian, Low Saxon and Limburgish are regional minority languages.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm

Nambo wrote:
...what is the significance of those children just having eaten what looks like a raw bird in bed?, it must signify something.

The dove of peace?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 7:28 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Belgium only has Dutch, French and German. Canada has English, French and all of the First Nations languages, they have a lot more official languages than Belgium.
I'm not from Belgium btw, I'm from the Netherlands. We are Belgium's big brother. Their rude, pot-smoking big brother.
The Netherlands also has more languages than Belgium on a regional level, Dutch is the official language but Frisian, Low Saxon and Limburgish are regional minority languages.

lol. When I was in my twenties and discovered weed I wanted to go to the Netherlands. Twenty so years later and Canada may soon have it's own coffeehouses.

But the First Nations languages are not official languages in Canada, although some have called or them to be so. Just French and English.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm

androbot01 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

lol. When I was in my twenties and discovered weed I wanted to go to the Netherlands. Twenty so years later and Canada may soon have it's own coffeehouses.

But the First Nations languages are not official languages in Canada, although some have called or them to be so. Just French and English.

On wikipedia I saw they were regional languages, so official in some places, like Frisian and Low Saxon and Limburgish in the Netherlands.
There is actually a pot store in my street :D

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 7:52 pm

trollcatman wrote:
On wikipedia I saw they were regional languages, so official in some places, like Frisian and Low Saxon and Limburgish in the Netherlands.

Nope ... link

Quote:
There is actually a pot store in my street :D

Cool!
The next election may bring them here.

natany3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Mar 2015, 2:23 am

As a jewish girl that loves israel and married to a Muslim boy, I say: two states is not perfect, perfect wouldbe if people just live toguether and no need for different states, no need for mixing religions and politics, but is two states is a achivable way to get peace. I shared this with my Palestinian teacher at college and be totally agreed.

natany3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Mar 2015, 2:32 am

As a jewish girl that loves israel and married to a Muslim boy, I say: two states is not perfect, perfect wouldbe if people just live toguether and no need for different states, no need for mixing religions and politics, but is two states is a achivable way to get peace. I shared this with my Palestinian teacher at college and be totally agreed.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 4:06 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Nambo wrote:
...what is the significance of those children just having eaten what looks like a raw bird in bed?, it must signify something.

The dove of peace?

If it was "The Dove of Peace", that would indicate the children were the destroyers of peace which would then make Netanyahu's murder of them justifiable, but this is an anti-Netanyahu portrait so I dont think it's the Dove of Peace.

On second thoughts it could represent that Netanyahu offers peace which is consumed and sends the eaters to sleep, whereupon Netanyahu then murders them in their defenseless slumber.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 5:26 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Washington Post
Quote:
Netanyahu called his host to stand beside him and asked on camera, “Do you want to see Hamastan over there on that mountaintop?” He then pointed in the general direction of Bethlehem, the Palestinian city in the West Bank where the Bible says Jesus was born.

Okay, so Christians have a stake in this too, if Christ was born there. So maybe if a Christian State were carved out of Israel and the disputed territories, Gaza, Golan, etc., perhaps there would be stability. It's a mess as it is anyway so why not?
And send Canadians ... we can get along with anybody and we need a province with a warm climate.

Wasn't Turks and Caicos going to be a new Canadian province at some point?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm

Every few years there's talk. I'm hoping it happens in my lifetime.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 9:37 pm

On a certain side note I'm glad to see our election tampering didn't have a significant effect on the outcome.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 4:00 am

natany3 wrote:

Blah blah blah....

Then why you Jews wanted to create your own state? Because Europeans treated you as second class? no?

And Palestinians don't want to be treated as second class anymore, to live with a majority whom their own leaders and foreign minister promote for their beheading in the press without any accountability.

Your country, not only ate the land of the natives (I don't believe in your bible, so don't ever argue me how you were the natives, besides even your bible states that you were invaders of Canaan - and Levantine Arabs are mixed people of previous civilizations and arabs ;) ) but it's also continuing on eating what's little left for Palestinians.

Quote:
On 19 June 2011, Haaretz reported that the Israeli cabinet voted to revoke Defense Minister Ehud Barak's authority to veto new settlement construction in the West Bank, by transferring this authority from the Agriculture Ministry, headed by Barak ally Orit Noked, to the Prime Minister's office.[281]

In 2009, newly elected Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said: "I have no intention of building new settlements in the West Bank... But like all the governments there have been until now, I will have to meet the needs of natural growth in the population. I will not be able to choke the settlements."[282] On 15 October 2009, he said the settlement row with the United States had been resolved.[283]

In April 2012, four illegal outposts were retroactively legalized by the Israeli government.[284] In June 2012, the Netanyahu government announced a plan to build 851 homes in five settlements: 300 units in Beit El and 551 units in other settlements.[285][286]

Amid peace negotiations that showed little signs of progress, Israel issued on 3 November 2013, tenders for 1,700 new homes for Jewish settlers. The plots were offered in nine settlements in areas Israel says it intends to keep in any peace deal with the Palestinians.[287] On 12 November, Peace Now revealed that the Construction and Housing Ministry had issued tenders for 24,000 more settler homes in the West Bank, including 4,000 in East Jerusalem.[288] 2,500 units were planned in Ma’aleh Adumim, some 9,000 in the Gush Etzion Region, and circa 12,000 in the Binyamin Region, including 1,200 homes in the E1 area in addition to 3,000 homes in previously frozen E1 projects.[289] Circa 15,000 homes of the 24,000 plan would be east of the West Bank Barrier and create the first new settlement blocs for two decades, and the first blocs ever outside the Barrier, far inside the West Bank.[290]

As stated before, the Israeli government (as of 2015) has a program of residential subsidies in which Israeli settlers receive about double that given to Israelis in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. As well, settlers in isolated areas receive three times the Israeli national average. From the beginning of 2009 to the end of 2013, the Israeli settlement population as a whole increased by a rate of over 4% per year. A New York Times article in 2015 stated that said building had been "at the heart of mounting European criticism of Israel."[27]

If you keep in your expansion policy, and if you keep refusing the foundation of a Palestinian state: It might not be in the distant future but one day, and in far better days for the Arab countries, after eradicating ISIS and Islamists , Arabs will fight in one way or another your beloved "country" to liberate the Palestinians from its fist and force you to give them their independence; apparently it is the only language that this "country" understands, and you would have brought this on yourselves. This - is - inevitable - in the far future.

We are not as little in numbers as the native Americans. So hmm, we are here to stay, we are not going anywhere, and we are surrounding you by the millions.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 4:26 am

And by Palestinians don't want to be treated as second-class I mean Muslim and CHRISTIAN Palestinians

Quote:
“Very few Christians are appointed to senior positions by the PA”, says one briefing, “in what is perceived as routine discrimination.” In fact, the PA’s record is far better than Israel’s. The president's spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeineh, is a Christian. So are two cabinet members, for Finance and Tourism, and two members of the PLO's executive committee. The deputy speaker of the Palestinian National Council, Qonstantin Qurmush, is a priest. Christians abound on boards of banks and chambers of commerce, and head its largest company, CCC. Despite their falling numbers, nine municipalities, including Ramallah and Bethlehem, stipulate their council should have a Christian majority and a Christian mayor. Christmas and Easter are official Palestinian holidays. President Abbas attends three Christmases (the Greek Orthodox, Catholic and Armenian) in Bethlehem and would celebrate Easter in Jerusalem, if Israel let him in. On St. George’s Day, Muslims join Christians to commemorate his martyrdom at his shrine in al-Khadr, near Bethlehem.

By contrast, in its 66 years, Israel has had no Christian presidential spokesman, government minister, or bank chairman. Where Palestine has eight Christians in its parliament, Israel has two. Where Palestine has at least five ambassadors, including to London and Berlin, Israel has none (although its deputy ambassador to Norway is Christian). The Knesset bans Christmas trees which sprout all over Palestine from public display on its premises. Israel’s prime minister does not go to Church for Christmas, and in his first term in the late 1990s aroused Christian ire by backing construction of a mosque next to Nazareth’s Basilica of Annunciation, while his Palestinian counterpart, Yasser Arafat opposed it.

Quote:
Israel does give its Christians native citizenship, but when its leaders endlessly trumpet their status as a Jewish state, many feel they have second class status. They are not spared strip-searches at Israel’s airports. Exacerbating Christian anxieties,hate-graffiti – such as "Mary is a prostitute" - is daubed on church doors, and increasingly rife. Priests in Jerusalem say spitting on their habits has become well - a habit. The country’s most prominent Christian politician, Azmi Bishara, was hounded out of Israel amid cries of treachery after he dared to suggest that Israel should be a state for all its citizens. Ameer Makhul, founder of the Haifa-based umbrella group of NGOs, Ittijah, is in jail for spying for Lebanon’s Shia group, Hezbollah. Nervously, Christians in Israel as elsewhere in a region sunk in rampant religious nationalism look for surer climes.

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.590027

Quote:
no need for mixing religions and politics,

Btw, that's quite laughable for you to say that, Israel-lover, Israel was founded based on a religious book.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 4:43 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quote:
no need for mixing religions and politics,

Btw, that's quite laughable for you to say that, Israel-lover, Israel was founded based on a religious book.

Funny enough that same religious book you don't like states that God himself see's what evil is being done in his name and in his Holy land and that he will soon bring destruction:-

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,