A person in the 20s having a child's mind

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

akama101092
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Mar 2015, 6:25 pm

Hi, I am akama101092 and I am diagnosed having aspergers since around the age of 3/5.

I feel like this cycle of suffering will not end because my aspergers not only hinders my academic progression, but also the relationship of my family. They believe that after 18 years old this mental disease would be gone for sure. And I don't believe that aspergers apply to adults a lot.

Why I have this conclusion? I have a tendency of touching people when I was young, and is unstoppable. The cause of it is boredom.

All in my mind right now is just junk, full of catchy songs lyrics and other memorable stuff from my childhood memories (mostly games that I had played before)

I am playing a site called pokefarm q, which is a pokemon clicking website, but dad tells me that I must concentrate in my studies, so I suspect that the gaming addiction that I have cannot be removed unless I feel accomplished of finishing a game or feel like the game is too hard for me to play on.

I like to write, mostly about my OCs and anime characters. Talking about anime, I do watch a lot of them, but the direction is unclear.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 6:27 pm

Trust me: Many people here are in the "same boat" as you.

Welcome to the Forum!

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 6:42 pm

akama101092 wrote:
Hi, I am akama101092 and I am diagnosed having aspergers since around the age of 3/5.

I feel like this cycle of suffering will not end because my aspergers not only hinders my academic progression, but also the relationship of my family. They believe that after 18 years old this mental disease would be gone for sure. And I don't believe that aspergers apply to adults a lot.

If you're past 18, you're already an adult, so if your autism is still causing you issues, then AS affects adults.

I know a lot of people - especially "normal" people - believe that kids with autism outgrow it, but there are plenty of grownups here on WP who can testify that that is not the case. I've plodded through half a century with it, and in my head I still feel like I'm stuck somewhere between the ages of 12 and 22, depending on how the day is going.

Just remember that the "cycle of suffering" as you call it, is just that - a CYCLE. It goes up, it goes down, then it goes back up again. It isn't always suffering, there are good times to offset the bad, that's just how life works. If all we ever had was good times, we'd get bored and then they wouldn't seem good anymore. 8O

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 8:41 pm

Hey akama101092 welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 5:00 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 7:04 pm

akama101092 wrote:

Three-fifths? 3 yrs. - 5 yrs. (very long diagnostic process)? Diagnosed at 3, then again at 5? :?:

akama101092
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2015, 9:20 am

Sorry, I was meant to tell you that I was diagnosed from either the age of three or five. Sorry for the confusion.