You guys suprise me. I'm not a real human

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 5:44 pm

You guys do seem to think in a different way to me. You all seem to have quite complex emotions about things and moral opinions but i dont really have opinions. I accept every opinion and i can understand multiple viewpoints but theres no right or wrong way in anything. I feel like an outsider even here; I feel like I'm not a real person sometimes but I don't mind.
I thought when I joined perhaps I could be a mentor for some of you as I have been diagnosed on the spectrum but my social skills aren't so bad so I wanted to help you guys if you wanted it. I don't think that can happen though.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 5:57 pm

I can sorta relate. I have strong opinions about some things, but when it comes to other things, I just can't decide what I think. I will hear one side of a debate and think, "That sounds right", but then I'll hear the other side and think, "That sounds right" as well! I can see both sides of the issues. It DOES NOT mean you're not a real person.

Don't be afraid to give your advice; I'm sure the people on here would really appreciate it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 8:30 pm

Many things are open to question.

There are things that are, to me, unquestionably "right," though.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 10:48 pm

If you are posting here you are human. No other species on earth can post in understandable English. That is not opinion but fact.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 2:57 am

Be happy with who you are. Real humans are the worst animal that has ever existed.

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Mar 2015, 3:02 am

starfox wrote:
You guys do seem to think in a different way to me. You all seem to have quite complex emotions about things and moral opinions but i dont really have opinions. I accept every opinion and i can understand multiple viewpoints but theres no right or wrong way in anything. I feel like an outsider even here; I feel like I'm not a real person sometimes but I don't mind.
I thought when I joined perhaps I could be a mentor for some of you as I have been diagnosed on the spectrum but my social skills aren't so bad so I wanted to help you guys if you wanted it. I don't think that can happen though.

Mentor for what?

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 6:22 am

Like on how to be social

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 6:35 am

You do seem human

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 10:29 am

I'm similar to the OP. I can see all viewpoints and have no intrinsic "self" viewpoint. I think the ability comes from trying to "fit in" when I was younger and realizing that every group/person has a different viewpoint and to "fit in" I'd just assume the viewpoint of the person/group I was involved with at the time. It has it's advantages-- if I don't like someone I can play one hell of a devil's advocate, or if I meet a new person from a completely different race/culture/background I can subconsciously absorb their viewpoint as they talk.

It manifests in other ways too-- such as I don't have a moral center because I have no main philosophy I live by. I pick and choose the best morals for the given situation because I think every situation needs to be handled in it's own unique way, not by a single dogma. The only moral I'd say I have is: what's in the best interest of the whole, meaning not what benefits me exclusively or my friends or my family or my country, but what benefits the majority of humanity even if it means I have to make sacrifices.

The downside though is that I won't constantly agree with friends/family on issues because I see a bigger picture outside their wants. I've also been told I'm not "trustworthy" because I change my "opinion" too much. I view philosophy/culture/morals as tools and not every job requires the same tools. This is why I can't be religious, I can't follow a single dogma for every situation, not when there's a better dogma for a given situation out there.