Starbucks's Race Dialogue Initiative. #racetogether.

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 9:41 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
As far as contrived marketing, I meant the commentors online. Are they real or not? I know the rest of it is contrived, of course. All marketing is contrived.

I suspect that a lot of the comments are manufactured. Absolutely. But, don't discount what politicians and marketers describe as "useless idiots" who can easily be convinced to latch onto a trend (think Mood Rings, leisure suits, disco and the Wall Street '80s). Americans see life through Disney-colored glasses and want to be a part of the party.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 12:21 pm

I doubt I'd even notice if "#RaceTogether" was written on my Starbucks cup or even care if I did notice.
It's a non-issue....

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 7:46 pm

Janissy wrote:
I had not heard about the campaign till this thread. My reaction is, "those poor employees!".

Exactly, this is even dumber than that McDonald's scheme from last month, we've been mocking it pretty relentlessly at my shop.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2015, 9:42 pm

Because when I walk in to buy a cup of schmancy coffee, what I really want is to be lectured at by the child behind the counter.

You know there's something wrong with a company's "corporate culture" when somebody proposes a change that's likely to alienate and annoy a significant number of customers and nobody has the sense, or the balls, to say "You know, maybe that's not such a great idea."

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm

Update on the News 13 poll
http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cf ... hes_c.html
28% support it
72% are against it

luan78zao wrote:
You know there's something wrong with a company's "corporate culture" when somebody proposes a change that's likely to alienate and annoy a significant number of customers and nobody has the sense, or the balls, to say "You know, maybe that's not such a great idea."

Yeah it's really unpopular accoding to the poll!

LoveNotHate wrote:
thought this was funny ...

:roll:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 1:25 am

No one lectures anyone about anything at Starbucks or at least not the ones I have been to.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:18 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
No one lectures anyone about anything at Starbucks or at least not the ones I have been to.

You are correct! Hehe.

See this video-news report from reporters who asked Starbucks baristas in Texas to chat about race....

http://www.infowars.com/video-starbucks ... s-campaign

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 12:38 am

AspieUtah wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

You are correct! Hehe.

See this video-news report from reporters who asked Starbucks baristas in Texas to chat about race....

http://www.infowars.com/video-starbucks ... s-campaign

That's just pure propaganda. It was blown way out of proportion online.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 4:33 am

The US is pretty much one of the least racist countries on the planet.

You'd think it was apartheid South Africa by reading all the drivel in the news and social circles ("muh white guilt", "muh white privilege", and "muh social justice" being some of the new invented pieces of propaganda).

There must be something feeding these people to see problems where there really isn't (relatively speaking).

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm

NYDailyNews.com wrote:
That didn’t take long.

Starbucks went from pulling the shots on its controversial “Race Together” campaign to pulling the plug on it after only a week.

Coffee mogul Howard Schultz announced the global corporation’s plan to take its baristas out of the race and diversity campaign that included writing “Race Together” on cups, a decision that was apparently part of its plan from the beginning, a memo stated....

NYDailyNews.com: "Starbucks ends ‘Race Together’ coffee cup campaign with push for forums and new stores" (March 22, 2015)
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2158755

Sooo, drive-by politicking? Cheap. But, I don't buy it for a moment. Starbucks got drop-kicked.