If you think there is a God, is he upset at America?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 10:19 pm

Like when America turns against Israel like told in bible prophecy, I think it's really unreasonable for a God to punish US citizens only based on the actions of one man alone, Barack Obama! Yes I don't like His Policies either (in fact the man's character is a bit suspect too), but believe that I was conditioned to believe in this idea of God.

And as for other reasons God will punish and end the world is unjust. I'd want to avoid such a God but I'm afraid that inevitably I'll have to either no avoid him or be punished for eternity.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 12:01 am

I do believe in God, and yes, I think he is pissed about the growing rift between the rich and poor, and such problems. But I also think he's happy that we've been working on the matter of the racial hierarchy.
By the way, I rather like President Obama, and I believe those who see him either as the Antichrist, or ushering said Antichrist in, are more upset that we have a black President than anything else.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 12:21 am

The US is not perfect.....but God has worse offenders under His radar.

He doesn't get mad....He lets everybody duke it out while He laughs at us from Up Above.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 4:01 am

"Today on 'Earth': ISIS makes another offence, join us at 8"

(yeah, i am referring to the southpark episode "cancelled")

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 11:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I do believe in God, and yes, I think he is pissed about the growing rift between the rich and poor, and such problems. But I also think he's happy that we've been working on the matter of the racial hierarchy.
By the way, I rather like President Obama, and I believe those who see him either as the Antichrist, or ushering said Antichrist in, are more upset that we have a black President than anything else.

You like him because he's black AND a democrat. What would you think if he was a republican?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 11:44 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You like him because he's black AND a democrat. What would you think if he was a republican?

So you figure you can read my thoughts now? You do know that believing oneself of having such abilities is a sign of schizophrenia.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 12:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So you figure you can read my thoughts now? You do know that believing oneself of having such abilities is a sign of schizophrenia.

Your "thoughts", to use the term loosely, are script right out of the progressive playbook.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 12:46 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Your "thoughts", to use the term loosely, are script right out of the progressive playbook.

And yours aren't scripted out of a conservative playbook?

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 12:50 pm

God gave up being angry with the world a long time ago. He's got better things to do with his time.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 1:38 pm

I don't believe the creative consciousness that brought the multiverse into being is concerned with the socio-political activities of human beings anymore than we concern ourselves with the society of an anthill. Humans created it, humans have to live with it. That's the punishment.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 1:41 pm

That's precisely what God believes....while he is guffawing Up There.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 1:44 pm

What I think is, the world is ready to turn on the US if we don't watch it and we cannot fight the entire world.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 2:18 pm

If anything, I think God would be mad at America for supporting Israel.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 2:22 pm

In what way has America turned against Israel, last I checked we're still funding them and largely remaining supportive regardless of how much they throw ethics out the window when dealing with the Palestine situation or how many civilians they kill by having no regard for them when fighting the 'terrorists' who fire makeshift rockets at Israel.

Also though the Jews don't even accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, according to some christians you have to do that to be 'saved' from eternal hellfire....So why would god be angry at America for turning against a nation of largely non-believers? That said I do not believe in that God anyways.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 2:24 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How do you know that is why they like him, are you psychic because I did not see that in their post.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

Hyperborean wrote:
God gave up being angry with the world a long time ago. He's got better things to do with his time.

Such as?