Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 3:59 am

Can ISIS take over China likethey claim or is it a suicide mission leading to them being massacred like dogs due to Chinas masses and no regard for human life or fair trials like America does? I am thinking the latter, I think they will fail and be exterminated like roaches!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 4:45 am

No.

China has no freedom of Religion. The Roman Catholic Church operates there chiefly because they made huge concessions to local government control. Most all other faiths are persecuted. Islam would never be tolerated.

If they tried to "invade" (culturally or via force) they would be up against a government with a record for violating human rights about as bad as they come.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 5:10 am

zer0netgain wrote:
No.

China has no freedom of Religion. The Roman Catholic Church operates there chiefly because they made huge concessions to local government control. Most all other faiths are persecuted. Islam would never be tolerated.

If they tried to "invade" (culturally or via force) they would be up against a government with a record for violating human rights about as bad as they come.
Maybe China is good if they stay that way!It would be funny to see them try only to be completely destroyed by the Chinese! Lets see those desert bums try to take something like this on, the masses so large not even suicide bombings IEDs or Guerilla tactics will NOT be enough, they are done, finished and nothing compared to the power of the Peoples Liberation Army! Even just the women in their military alone would destroy em all and it would be hilarious because it would add to insult and fear that those killed by a woman in ISIS and Islam he will never go to heaven and go to hell hahahha!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 7:18 am

As much as I often shake my head at China's lack of regard for human welfare, I still have much more respect for them than I do for ISIS. ISIS are a radical extremist organization that wants to bring back a totalitarian, xenophobic, system of governance, whereas China is actually making progress to move past its old ways.

Where China is right now, they're in about the same place North America and Europe were during the Industrial Revolution; back then, we still worked people to death and locked people away in mental institutions, but over time, we learned to move past that, and I believe China is doing the same. I'm not saying it's right that China treats its people like crap, because it's most definitely not, but they seem to be willing to progress. ISIS, on the other hand, seem to be extremely regressive.

Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 7:47 am

Of course not, they don't stand a chance and even they know it themselves, it's attention seeking and nothing more. It's getting their name out there. It's recruiting.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 11:12 am

In an all total conventional land war, like world war two, its hard to imagine ISIS conquering Luxembourg.
ISIS may be nastier than Luxembourg. Pound for pound its also even nastier than China. But nasty isnt the same thing as powerful.

ISIS has maybe 50 thousand fighters. Luxembourg is an actual country. In an all out war Luxembourg could mobilize 80 thousand men, and the country has an industrial base with which to support a war machine. ISIS is a stateless actor trying desperately to become a state. They have seized a couple of medium sized towns, and control about 35,000 square miles of mostly desert . The parts that arent desert are third world agragarian societies that cant support a war machine.They have no air force, and rely on criminal activity to finance their war machine which relies imported weapons.

If ISIS wins against all of the warring factions in Syria (including the Russian backed Assad), and if it wins against all of the factions in Iraq (including the American backed Kurds, and the American AND Iranian backed Baghdad government) then ISIS might in theory control all of both Syria and Iraq. And then ISIS could attempt to weld both Syria and Iraq into one big functioning country. And then if ISIS tries real hard they might ALSO be able to attract investors from abroad (or somehow generate capital from within) to build up industry in Iraq and Syria so that that the two countries could actually make weapons, and actually have a rudimentary war machine. That might only take....oh...fifty years. And then after that then-maybe ISIS would become a threat someone beyond beyond Syria and Iraq.

After uniting Iraq, and Syria, and after decades of industrialization, then ISIS would be ready to strike east. To conquer Iran (bigger than both Syria, and Iraq combined), and then to keep on marching east- enslaving vast stretches of western and central asia ( Pakistan, former soviet republics like Uzbekistan, and Kazahkistan, and it would probably have to sieze territory in northern India. Then, and only then, will ISIS have reached the western borders of China!

So it would take all of the above future history to happen before ISIS would even be in a postion to attack China.

And then when they finally do march across China's western borders China's vaster army would just squash ISIS under its thumb in a heartbeat.

I don't think China is worried about ISIS 'conquering' it any time soon.

But China does worry about its Muslim minority in the northwest, the Uighers, and about individuals in that group allying with international jihadists and causing trouble. But terrorist strikes, are not the same thing as being subjugated by a foreign army.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 11:35 am

The Chinese government would destroy them. I don't know why they won't now. It's in their back yard. Why is it always up to America?

f9
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Mar 2015, 4:08 pm

China don't care until it is either on their own grounds or affecting their trade seriously.

ISIS always reminds me of Lord of the Flies, the novel by William Golding. Boys in their teens and early 20ties trying to … why I smell blood?

See, no-one has yet to overtake China and no-one will.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 6:01 pm

ISIS couldn't, tactically they would be spreading themselves very thin. The Muslim areas of China are at the fringes and make up a small minority compared to a large majority.

One for the reason Why ISIS did well in Iraq, is there were tribesmen that stupidly hedged their bets with them.

Like or not North Africa, Nigeria and east Africa, it really just loose allegiances.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 6:18 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The Chinese government would destroy them. I don't know why they won't now. It's in their back yard. Why is it always up to America?

You obviously have never looked at a map if you think that ISIS is "in China's backyard".

ISIS territory, and China, are thousands of miles apart. Neither could threaten the other even if both wanted to mix it up.

ISIS is not in the USA's backyard either (its not like they are in the Caribbean, or such).