Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 11:56 am

justkillingtime wrote:
starkid wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:
most of them probably proudly boast of being Christian).

Where did you get that idea?

Senator Van Wanggaard and Representative Mark Born are Lutheran. Governor Scott Walker is an Evangelical. Boasting of one's religion seems to be part of running for political office.

Well, in a state like Wisconsin with a heavy German American population, I'm sure you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Lutheran. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 12:22 pm

on the subject of people who pray loudly, sanctimoniously and ostentatiously for the demise of their enemies, I remember when at where my mom worked, when some such bible thumper employee wished to get their abuse of my mom past the boss, they would [when asked to explain themselves] invariably preface their defense with "I'm a Christian, and..." to which mom's impatient boss would interject, "what in the hell does THAT have to do with YOU BEING A BULLY?!"

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 10:47 pm

"Here we experience the consequence of a doctrine which has been preached from all of the housetops: that the State is the highest goal of humanity and that there are no higher duties for a man than to serve the State. I see in this a regression not to paganism but to stupidity. It may be that a man who sees his highest duty in the service of the State actually knows no higher duties; but there are beyond this, other men and other duties - and one of these duties, which for me, at any rate, is more important than service to the State, calls on one to destroy stupidity in every form, including this particular stupidity." - Nietzsche

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x