Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2015, 10:37 am

Hi,

I'm obviously new here. I have aspergers/hfa, I do stim, have a speech impediment, and am a loner - not very social, intact the majority of my friend group is also people with autism.

Unfortunately I wasn't diagnosed until grade 8, so I was thought to be just a rowdy kid with ADHD and given medication - it sucked.

Luckily now i live on my own, in my own basement apartment type deal. I lucked out living in Canada, especially my province the support is good, and tailored to what a person needs - for me its income ($), for others it may be living assistance or assisted living, etc. I like how it's suited to what level a person needs, while preserving their dignity. However here, drug addiction also counts as a disability which you can get $ support for - which not only is stupid but also just enables their addiction, I don't know who the hell thought that is a good idea!

I'm graduating college next month, and want to find a part-time job after that, and start getting some work experience.

I'm a big fan of Marilyn Manson and have met him once, I like rock and metal and I don't care about what's "appropriate" I'm a rocker, a rebel, and individualist. :P
But now I better make breakfast, and then take that online test for one of my classes. Thanks for reading. :D :skull:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 1:08 pm

Welcome.
I am also from Canada. Ontario is my home province. That is so cool that you met Manson.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 1:45 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 4:40 pm

Hey Canadian1911 welcome. :sunny:

TheAP
Veteran