Why are there so many stupid "feminist" blogs?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

I'm tired of these "know-it-alls" who clearly have no clue how dating works, acting like they're experts in the subject. They think all men match their own made-up preconception of how a man thinks. They have this delusion that they're some kind of sex goddess, that all men fantasize about having sex with, when they look hideous in their profile picture.

How long is this trend going to go on for?

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 12:18 pm

It'll go on for as long as such people and the internet exist. But if they weren't being know-alls on this subject, they'd soon find another one.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 12:49 pm

It'll go on for as long as people pay it any sort of attention.

Seriously, who cares? The more outspoken segments of the feminist community make up an echo chamber where honest and open discussion of feminist issues isn't allowed. Their rhetoric doesn't affect my day, my dating life (back when I had one), or my relationship in any way at all. There are women, for instance, who LIKE traditional gender roles, who LIKE and DESIRE the dominance of a (non-abusive) male head of household. There are women who PREFER to raise the kids at home while men are in charge of household income, and a lot of these women are going above and beyond writing craft blogs like scrapbooking or hobby-du-jour or pursuing interests online in between homeschooling, and their earning an income comparable or superior to entry-level job-jobs. The kinds of feminists you're talking about would label me as a patriarchal creep. Even worse, I'm a stay-at-home dad and my wife is responsible for most of the household income. So I'd get creep-zoned anyway for being lazy, taking advantage of my wife's success while I pursue my special interests while I should be taking care of everything FOR her so she has the freedom to do what she wants (she can ALREADY do what she wants, anyway, so I don't buy that).

So you know what I do about it? I DON'T INTERACT WITH THEM. My quality of life is just fine without trying to please someone who insists on being unreasonable. Who needs that? Sure, I'm trying to find ways of boosting my income during the day in such a way that I can still look after my youngest child. Sure, I deal with feelings of guilt that I might not be doing enough. I want my family to be safe, healthy, and free. But I don't see any need to justify myself to anyone else who isn't going to accept me no matter what I do. I want to win. So I hang out with other winners. People who play the victim aren't winners. They are losers living in some fictional reality in which winning in some made-up sex war is some sort of zero-sum game, and they have nothing better to do than complain about losing. They can't be pleased. Why waste any time on them?

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

Is there such thing as a masculinist? What about mens rights? or short peoples rights? or fat peoples rights?

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2015, 8:32 pm

Ugh. I totally agree. I'm so tired of all those guys who think they have all the answers, but clearly don't know how relationships are supposed to work. It appears they assume all women think and react the same way like cattle or something. They're even deluded that they're some sort of sex god that women just can't resist. When, come on son, they come across as totally abusive sleazeballs. Ornowait~ I'm confusing feminist with PUA again. Oops. [/sarcasm]

As long as there are stupid people, there will be stupid people dating blogs. It's just kind of how the world works. Unfortunately. AngelRho's right, ignoring them (and occasionally ranting) is definitely the best policy.

Also, Darkphantomx1 there actually is a men's rights movement. I don't think they call themselves masculinist? I never understood it, because feminism is technically working for equality in general, but hey labels are fun and my brother's into it. I dunno about short people, but there are tons of skinny-shaming blogs out there. Y'know, in case you get tired of the many fat-shaming blogs. It's kinda funny that dating and fashion are two industries that are spectacularly superficial and yet they have so much potential.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm

Speaking of short people, did you know that Michigan is the only state where it is illegal to discriminate based on height? I'm packing my bags and moving to Michigan.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 9:31 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
It's kinda funny that dating and fashion are two industries that are spectacularly superficial and yet they have so much potential.

Wait…you mean I could give out this advice for money???

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:52 pm

How about disabled peoples rights.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 7:06 am

These threads are more stupid than the blogs, and are not exactly rare either.

You are tired of what exactly? Ignore people you don't like, stop blaming other people, or resenting them, it is massive waste of your energy.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2015, 10:49 am

0_equals_true wrote:
These threads are more stupid than the blogs, and are not exactly rare either.

You are tired of what exactly? Ignore people you don't like, stop blaming other people, or resenting them, it is massive waste of your energy.

If these threads are so stupid, why do you even bother to reply to them?

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 10:51 am

Half of the claimed love gurus are just nerds living in their mamas basement. Myself included.

LifUlfur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 5:52 pm

Man, I would LOVE to live in a basement.
Basements just sound wonderful and I don't get why, but I really want to live in one.

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2015, 7:02 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Is there such thing as a masculinist? What about mens rights? or short peoples rights? or fat peoples rights?

Yes. Just google "men's rights" or "pick up artist" + "mystery". Scary stuff.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 8:04 am

Aaendi wrote:

If these threads are so stupid, why do you even bother to reply to them?[/quote]

Threads can be stupid, and have reason enough to reply to them. For instance, I don't want people waste their time being bitter and resentful, when it does absolutely nothing for them. I don't have to, but the incentive I suppose is the L&D section can be flooded with bile, and other questions get flooded out. I also don't want people to develop a neurosis, that can be destructive to them and people around them.

Also I also enjoy criticising OPs that don't make an actual point, for instance, this OPsposit that some unknown blogs are wrong about how relationships work, but it don't make point as to how or why. He just moans about how he is fed up with them. Well that is is good reason point out the absurdity of this frustration.

The reality is people's perceptions of human behaviour can be wrong. Inherent behavior and conscious perception don't usually occupy the same level of the brain, but just becuase one counters another's POV doesn't make them more correct either.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm

Diningroom wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:

Yes. Just google "men's rights" or "pick up artist" + "mystery". Scary stuff.

Men's rights shouldn't be diametrically opposed to women's rights, they are not mutually exclusive concepts or opposites. 'MRA' are a different matter, but there have been equivalent women's groups. They are both equally idiotic.

PUA aren't necessarily as resentful as MRA. You could say that PUA aim to "help" or exploit MRA cases depending on your point of view.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2015, 10:16 am

0_equals_true wrote:

Threads can be stupid, and have reason enough to reply to them. For instance, I don't want people waste their time being bitter and resentful, when it does absolutely nothing for them. I don't have to, but the incentive I suppose is the L&D section can be flooded with bile, and other questions get flooded out. I also don't want people to develop a neurosis, that can be destructive to them and people around them.

Also I also enjoy criticising OPs that don't make an actual point, for instance, this OPsposit that some unknown blogs are wrong about how relationships work, but it don't make point as to how or why. He just moans about how he is fed up with them. Well that is is good reason point out the absurdity of this frustration.

The reality is people's perceptions of human behaviour can be wrong. Inherent behavior and conscious perception don't usually occupy the same level of the brain, but just becuase one counters another's POV doesn't make them more correct either.

Why should I waste my time writing out points if your just going to dismiss everything I say anyway? Actually that is one of my points. Freedom of speech. People let feminists talk bad about men all they want, even when everything she says is completely made up, but the moment anybody says anything bad about a woman, even if it's true, his points don't matter because he is a "misogynist" or a "nice guy" or a "whiner" or is "bitter" or "desperate" or "can't get laid." Did it ever occur to you that everytime you whine about threads like these, you're escalating the problem? Think about it this way, how many times was I personally attacked by feminists, and didn't fight back, vs how many times did I personally attack a feminist and didn't get attacked back?

Here is a list of other problems with feminist bloggers.

They state that "men are not entitled to sex or a relationship," but hypocritical ly claim that "women have the right date whomever they want."

They think if a guy does X, it actually means Y. What is a guy supposed to do or say that doesn't have her jump to the conclusion that he's a crazy misogynist who is obsessed with having sex with her. Sometimes X just means X, and that's it.