Feral Women (and others) Hiding in The Woods by Day?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 7:45 pm

And then roaming the countryside by night?

In case you haven't noticed, I am interested in the history others, apparently, did not find it necessary to include, or, instead, transformed the reality into a fantastic fable, like the presence of a demon or angel when in fact it was a human being. I try to translate this into real stories. Right now I am watching a show about Lilith who is, supposedly, Adam's first wife, made from the same substance as Adam while Eve, Adam's second wife, was made from a part of his anatomy, his rib. She is a part of the Garden of Eden myth that is sometimes ignored.

So Lilith left Adam and the Garden of Eden to roam the wilderness as a night time demon and that got me to wondering about these mysterious night crawlers in antiquity. Who were they really? Of course I do not buy the explanation they are supernatural but I do wonder...did people roam the wilderness in antiquity, mostly nocturnally, seeking the random opportunity to enter a dwelling or sneak up on the unsuspecting, slumbering traveler, perhaps killing and consuming him due to the fact such persons were feral and perhaps, hungry. Since they were raised feral, they wouldn't have the look of a civilized human so I can see why they would be thought of as terrifying and supernatural. I wonder if this is the origin of such fantastical tales of demons by moonlight?

Such persons would have been night stalkers, hiding during the day for fear of being hunted or killed by others who might chance upon them. Their behavior might be termed that of a creature such as Big Foot, only, since they are really feral humans, not a different species entirely, they have the fierce, predatory quality. Their flesh would have been grey or ghostly pale from lack of sunlight, especially if they dwelt in caves or other opaque structures by day. Their hair would have been unwashed and untended, their clothing, perhaps rather non existent or the bare minimum. Chances are they were not clean looking. The men would have had matted hair and beards. They would have appeared half human, half wild animal, having grown up in the wilderness, they wouldn't have the same kinds of experiences or education as those raised in civilization so they could have been very fierce by comparison.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 7:56 pm

Considering how shocked and startled people look if they accidentally see me in the bushes lurking and staring at them as they hike by? Could be possible. And they're startled even though it's daytime and I am in no way unkempt or dirty. They might be downright terrified at night. I don't think the person's skin even has to be pale or their hair matted to produce this effect.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 8:46 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Of course I do not buy the explanation they are supernatural

We live in a world in which our physical senses are capable of apprehending 4 dimensions - width, height, depth and time. Yet String Theory tells us that there are at least 10 dimensions, if not an absolute infinity, and Quantum Physics observes particulate matter moving in ways that are simply not possible within the observable dimensions we know. Who's to say what's "natural."?

The Big Bang Theory has recently been called into question, due to the misinterpretation of the very data that supported the idea of an expanding universe, and several new, plausible, theories have been proffered, that might indicate that our universe has simply always been here, or that there are multiple streams of time that run in opposition to each other, among others.

Human beings have reported strange phenomena throughout recorded history. Those who can't find an explanation for them within the context of their existing paradigm, simply write them off as impossible fantasies, that are not because they"cannot" be. No doubt many of them are fantasies, and many more simple cases of misidentification of a natural phenomenon. Still that leaves thousands unaccounted for.

When I was first diagnosed and studying Asperger Syndrome, to understand my disability, I was puzzled by something I read in the DSM description which said "May see lights or hear sounds that others do not." At first I took that to be a description of some sort of hallucinatory phenomenon, which didn't apply to me. A few days later, I remembered a time in my youth when I was hanging out with friends and trying to describe something to them metaphorically by comparing it to the tiny, hi-pitched sound that used to emanate from old tube-style black and white televisions back in the 1960s, even when the volume was turned down. With one exception, all the other people in the room stared at me blankly. They had no idea what I was talking about.

Turns out that sound is supposedly inaudible to humans, like a dog whistle. I had been hearing it all my life and thought everyone else could, too.

Then I remembered a time, two weeks before Christmas, when I was walking across a WalMart parking lot at night, with my wife, two stepsons and a toddler daughter. It was mild, but densely overcast, with a low, thick cloud cover. From out of the clouds to my left, came a sound like a dying lawn mower engine. I looked up to see first, what appeared to be automobile headlights descending from the sky - then, as the object got lower, a strange aircraft that resembled a Start Wars X-Wing Fighter, flying backwards. I had stopped dead in my tracks to watch this and my wife and kids had continued walking, so they were a good fifteen feet ahead of me when I said "What the hell is that!?"

None of them seemed to hear me, so I repeated myself, much louder. Now the object was passing directly overhead and the sputtering engine sound was quite loud. Finally, my family turned around to see what I was yelling about, but they all looked at me, not at the sky. The object had crossed over us and was disappearing back into the low cloudbank, when I pointed at it and said "Up there - what is that?"

Finally, the youngest stepson looked up and exclaimed "WOW!" And it was gone. Of all the people in that crowded holiday parking lot, he was the only person who saw it besides myself. To this day I don't know what it was, but I assume it was some sort of experimental aircraft assembled from a hobby kit. I didn't get a glimpse of the pilot.

The point being, humans are dense. They wander around from day to day, lost in their own little worlds and miss much of what goes on around them. A flying saucer, or a Sasquatch could pop out of a parallel dimension, pass right in front of them, then disappear again, and most of them wouldn't notice.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 9:16 pm

will@rd wrote:
When I was first diagnosed and studying Asperger Syndrome, to understand my disability, I was puzzled by something I read in the DSM description which said "May see lights or hear sounds that others do not." At first I took that to be a description of some sort of hallucinatory phenomenon, which didn't apply to me. A few days later, I remembered a time in my youth when I was hanging out with friends and trying to describe something to them metaphorically by comparing it to the tiny, hi-pitched sound that used to emanate from old tube-style black and white televisions back in the 1960s, even when the volume was turned down. With one exception, all the other people in the room stared at me blankly. They had no idea what I was talking about.

Turns out that sound is supposedly inaudible to humans, like a dog whistle. I had been hearing it all my life and thought everyone else could, too.

Yes, I well recall the old black and white T.V. sets that would buzz even when switched off. Even now, I can hear my computer speakers buzzing when I leave them plugged in but switched off. It's really loud. I can also smell things that my brother can't, I'm almost like a bloodhound. Maybe I should work at airports sniffing out drugs for customs inspectors.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 9:19 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
Considering how shocked and startled people look if they accidentally see me in the bushes lurking and staring at them as they hike by? Could be possible. And they're startled even though it's daytime and I am in no way unkempt or dirty. They might be downright terrified at night. I don't think the person's skin even has to be pale or their hair matted to produce this effect.

Strangely enough, I've had this happen to me in crowded shopping centres. Complete strangers staring at me, wide-eyed, almost as though they know me or something. I don't know, maybe some people are just plain weird, or maybe we really are on the 'wrong planet'.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 9:20 pm

Loose women? Where?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 10:58 pm

Adam was a wimp.

First he marries his rib, then there is the sex life of his children. Lilith had mated, spawned her own brood. There were others, Cain went into the Land of Nod. The Sons of God looked upon the daughters of man, and found they were fair, game. Lilith was seeking a better life. If Sons of God were to be had, she got first taste.

Lilith was Adams equal. She was better when it came to not being kept as a pet of God. Just where do you think that God got these "Sons"?

Also in Gilgamesh, there are men, The Black Haired People, The Gods, and the wild man of the north.

History is full of holes, but from the first writings, "Others" are mentioned.

Pan may predate the Bible. The animal hairy one, who lived in nature, had musical talent, made flutes, and also killed people.

Farther north it is Krampus, hairy, lived in the wild, stole children to eat. He teamed up with Old Nick, who wore the red blood stained outfit he got by killing travelers with an axe. Sometimes they made gifts, so it was understood that the eaten children were bad, and deserved it.

Sapiens were the minority. It was a small minority when Neanderthal, Denisovan, and Erectus were the most common species. Erectus most fits the description of Krampus.

A hairy man into rape, murder, stealing children to eat, is a near worldwide story.

They are still being reported in remote regions.

Some of it is just humans, putting the blame on something else. All of the Werewolf, Vampire stories, live in a house, go out at night. Psychopaths, Serial Killers were surely more common in the past. Some racked up kills of over five hundred.

Erectus was the most common, reached from Africa to China, and I do not think they all died out 20,000 years ago.

Modern times have documented stories of children raised by wolves, monkeys, antelope, who grew up feral. They survived for years, some must have not been captured, made it to adult.

Children raised locked in cellars, show that most of our traits are cultural, not instinct.

Deprived or feral, they do not grasp language, move like apes, will eat anything, and always try to escape back to the wild.

At some level, we all want to be wild, free, and live fully in the moment.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 11:37 pm

Inventor wrote:
Adam was a wimp.

First he marries his rib, then there is the sex life of his children. Lilith had mated, spawned her own brood. There were others, Cain went into the Land of Nod. The Sons of God looked upon the daughters of man, and found they were fair, game. Lilith was seeking a better life. If Sons of God were to be had, she got first taste.

Lilith was Adams equal. She was better when it came to not being kept as a pet of God. Just where do you think that God got these "Sons"?

Also in Gilgamesh, there are men, The Black Haired People, The Gods, and the wild man of the north.

Pan may predate the Bible. The animal hairy one, who lived in nature, had musical talent, made flutes, and also killed people.

Farther north it is Krampus, hairy, lived in the wild, stole children to eat. He teamed up with Old Nick, who wore the red blood stained outfit he got by killing travelers with an axe. Sometimes they made gifts, so it was understood that the eaten children were bad, and deserved it.

Sapiens were the minority. It was a small minority when Neanderthal, Denisovan, and Erectus were the most common species. Erectus most fits the description of Krampus.

A hairy man into rape, murder, stealing children to eat, is a near worldwide story.

Some of it is just humans, putting the blame on something else. All of the Werewolf, Vampire stories, live in a house, go out at night. Psychopaths, Serial Killers were surely more common in the past. Some racked up kills of over five hundred.

Erectus was the most common, reached from Africa to China, and I do not think they all died out 20,000 years ago.

Modern times have documented stories of children raised by wolves, monkeys, antelope, who grew up feral. They survived for years, some must have not been captured, made it to adult.

Children raised locked in cellars, show that most of our traits are cultural, not instinct.

Deprived or feral, they do not grasp language, move like apes, will eat anything, and always try to escape back to the wild.

It has provoked my curiosity but I am looking less at them being another species entirely and more at them being stray humans. I picture these wild humans that like to "hunt" at night on the unsuspecting traveler or shepherd or even the farmer who left his door unlocked. If they were hungry and desperate enough, they might drink the blood of such people, which is mentioned in connection to Lilith in particular. She is presented as this vampiric demon and I imagine she did have this look of a pale, demonic creature and the other Liliths who existed in the wilderness from time to time, too. They were all mistaken for the same Lilith demon but really they were just feral people living in the wilderness during a time it was easier to live that way and people were far less likely to get involved, stepping in to rescue and civilize such people. Instead, they created legends and they let them live that way even though, who knows, maybe every once in a while, they caught one. Chances are the Liliths were way too agile and wily to get caught.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 12:19 am

will@rd wrote:
We live in a world in which our physical senses are capable of apprehending 4 dimensions - width, height, depth and time. Yet String Theory tells us that there are at least 10 dimensions, if not an absolute infinity, and Quantum Physics observes particulate matter moving in ways that are simply not possible within the observable dimensions we know. Who's to say what's "natural."?

There is no evidence that there is any validity at all to string theory. This is the very first time I have ever heard anyone suggest that there could be an infinite number of dimensions. Where did you get this idea?

And what observations are there of particulate matter moving in ways that are not possible in the dimensions we know?

Quote:
The Big Bang Theory has recently been called into question, due to the misinterpretation of the very data that supported the idea of an expanding universe, and several new, plausible, theories have been proffered, that might indicate that our universe has simply always been here, or that there are multiple streams of time that run in opposition to each other, among others.

Huh? There have been plenty of suggestions for cosmologies other than the Big Bang, but nothing I have ever heard of has replaced the Big Bang. There are a great many open question regarding the Big Bang, but anything that purports to replace the Big Bang has some serious work to do to resolve many issues that seem to support the Big Bang.

So if you have any actual citations to such information, please provide them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 1:12 am

Inventor wrote:
Adam was a wimp.

But we have no evidence that Homo Erectus had had any greater abundance of body hair than us modern humans. In fact, because there is evidence that H. Erectus, and other hominids, had interbred with us moderns, I think it unlikely that they would have been so physically different. Otherwise, we and they would have regarded one another as too physically repulsive.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 4:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
But we have no evidence that Homo Erectus had had any greater abundance of body hair than us modern humans. In fact, because there is evidence that H. Erectus, and other hominids, had interbred with us moderns, I think it unlikely that they would have been so physically different. Otherwise, we and they would have regarded one another as too physically repulsive.

There is no reason to assume that we would have found hairier apes less attractive. Going on modern ideas, and social conventions can be problematic. We also know the different races have different amounts of hair, and different regions can have different ideas of beauty.

What we do know is, while chimp are hairy, they are quite a bit less hairy than would be expected for their size, they also have thinner hair on their head that we do.

Our hair pattern is not purely functional though, it is probably related to sexual selection in some way. But as we know, sexual selection or not, great apes are not adverse to experimentation.

Genetic studies on lice place an estimate, of hair reduction about 72,000 years ago.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 10:04 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

There is no reason to assume that we would have found hairier apes less attractive. Going on modern ideas, and social conventions can be problematic. We also know the different races have different amounts of hair, and different regions can have different ideas of beauty.

What we do know is, while chimp are hairy, they are quite a bit less hairy than would be expected for their size, they also have thinner hair on their head that we do.

Our hair pattern is not purely functional though, it is probably related to sexual selection in some way. But as we know, sexual selection or not, great apes are not adverse to experimentation.

Genetic studies on lice place an estimate, of hair reduction about 72,000 years ago.

Attractive or not, there's still no reason to suppose that archaic humans were any more hairy than us.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 4:44 pm

Look up the "North Pond Hermit". The North Pond Hermit was a guy who soon after graduating HS wandered into the woods of Maine to live. He survived by stealing food and propane cans. He lived in a makeshift tent during the day and came out only at night to steal. During winter he was confined to his tent.

Nobody knew what he looked like until he was caught on a cabin owner's surveillance camera, and even then nobody knew his name. It wasn't until one of his favorite theft targets was wired with motion detectors and cameras that he was caught. He had lived in the woods for 27 YEARS! He was ghostly pale and had not spoken to or seen another human being since the mid 1990s. He was diagnosed with Aspergers. If he did it, why not others?

In the past, there were no high tech methods of capturing such people. In the days before disposable razors, such men would have had long, matted hair and beards. Such people may have given rise to legends of demons, werewolves, and vampires. Legends of "wolf people" go back literally millenia in Europe. At a time when Europe was far more forested than now, it would have been possible for "wolf men" to live in the forests and kill the livestock of farmers for survival. There would have been no way to catch them, especially if they were as smart as the NPH.

In Eastern Europe, wolf worshipping religions existed before the coming of Christianity, and even now remnants of wolf worship exist. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone is called "wolves land" by locals. There are first names in the Germanic languages that start with "wolf", such as Wolfgang, and some paleoanthropologists believe that such names are remnants of wolf worship. It's possible that legends of babies being raised by wolves, and of half-man, half-wolf creatures, may be linked to hermits who lived in forests and came out only to get food and wood for campfires. Your post immediately reminded me of the North Pond Hermit.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 4:48 pm

pezar wrote:
Look up the "North Pond Hermit".

I remember that case -- it was quite fascinating.

Quote:
The North Pond Hermit was a guy who soon after graduating HS wandered into the woods of Maine to live. He survived by stealing food and propane cans. He lived in a makeshift tent during the day and came out only at night to steal. During winter he was confined to his tent.

If I remember correctly, he didn't even light a fire in the wintertime so that the sight or smell of the smoke wouldn't give away his position.

If that were me, I'd have been looking for a cave.