Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 1:13 am

If you want to do something on AA Day, or have something planned, maybe post latest ideas/plans here?

This Walk in Red campaign is a work in progress:
http://walkinred.weebly.com/about.html

2) The Boycott Autism Speaks page on Facebook has a poster worth looking at called:
"The Autism Speaks Guide to Dehumanisation" by Sarah Akin

I really liked it. I wasn't able to transfer it to here but maybe someone else with better screen skills can.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 2:59 am

this poster? i really hope this is it, because my laptop crashed twice during this, the first time the page refused to show up. i clicked on a help/suggestions page and there i got the same "aw snap" message. i know irony is an often misused word but maybe this is it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 4:05 am

That's it :) thanks!

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 7:30 am

Cool! I'm sharing it on FB. I myself was once called (and by an AUTISTIC nonetheless, and he was my boyfriend at the time nonetheless) not a person but a robot. This is an excuse to treat me bad. If I'm not a person, I don't hurt and have no rights. He was still my boyfriend at the time. Then why did he not dump me? Why did he waste my time? Probably because I was pregnant with his baby and he didn't want me taking off with the baby.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 6:01 pm

I've shared it on Facebook too.

I love the way she has used the symbol of AS with a dollar sign on it at the bottom of her poster.. the whole thing is simple, clever, direct, true and effective. For communicating so much with so little, it's an exemplar of protest.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 5:19 pm

We still have some of April 2016 remaining and, while surfing freely online, I found the Twitter #WalkInRed and walkinred [dot] weebly [dot] com pages discussed herein a year ago.

I notice that Pieplup links to the Twitter account. What a fun way to education others and keep Autism Speaks grumbling! :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Lockeye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2016, 5:44 pm

Tone It Down Taupe is my personal favorite - it's exactly the opposite of 'Light it Up Blue'

https://www.facebook.com/Tone-it-Down-T ... 788708219/

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 12:27 am

eh... i prefer turquiose. :P

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.