ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 11:57 am

AspieUtah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
From the Egyptian link:

Quote:
Even though there is no cure for autism, better understanding of the disorder has lead to the development of interventions and coping mechanisms. With the proper intervention, many of the autism behaviors can be positively changed, appearing to the untrained person that the child or adult no longer has autism...

...Behaviors: may be overactive or very passive; throws tantrums for no apparent reason; shows an obsessive interest in a single item, idea, activity, or person; apparent lack of common sense; may show aggression to others or self; often has difficulty with changes in routine.

Haha

They're in line with Autism Speaks. The idea of such a historic site being used in this way is disheartening. I've got a new slogan for them ..."lighting it up blue to get rid of you."

Doesn't anybody at Autism $peaks read published research? Failing that, why don't they just ask people who have ASD? It can't be that difficult.

They don't understand that Autustics have coherent thoughts?
They are so insecure they are afraid we would brainwash them?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 11:59 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
They are so insecure they are afraid we would brainwash them?

Oooh, we are evil, aren't we? Autism is contagious. Hehe. :lol:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 12:58 pm

I don't know what they mean by common sense, but regardless of what they mean, this is bad. There are just as many NTs with no common sense.

B19, I want to hug you. You are trying so hard to change all this with all your threads and posts. :D

I wonder about the illuminati thing; if that's just a pile of BS or if it has something to do with the pyramids and A$.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 5:32 pm

Hi CharityGoodyGrace, I am very relieved to hear from you especially (will explain in a moment) and your hug beamed over to me and another is being beamed back to you :heart: Last night (it was last night down here our time) someone on another thread of mine in the General Forum actually accused me of targeting you with nastiness in this thread, and I thought it was a pretty bizarre claim to make (couldn't recall any time or intention that I had done that) though was worried I had unintentionally offended you for the rest of the night..

Thanks for your nice message, and great timing :heart:

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 7:27 pm

In THIS thread? I hadn't posted in this thread before. Do you mean another thread? I'll have to go check out that other topic.

I like your comments, btw, in this thread, in your one-liners with the links. I have a wierd sense of humor but I find them funny. :)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 7:36 pm

Sorry, it was another thread in this forum - the one about what skills are useful in activism.