Met this girl online.. help??

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:20 pm

Okay. I'm autistic... this girl is too. We're same age, almost same birthday... identical lives ! ! She lives 15 mins away.. she's freakin identical to me... everything about this girl. She's insisting we meet asap. I just met this girl online yesterday.. I never met a girl from online before, that I never knew. However.. she's also local, and also aspie.. it's just a strange coincidence. I really like this girl.. I've been thinking about her so much... how should I go about this ? Even our families are the same.. both have 29 year old sibling.. our apartments look almost identical (we compared pics) ... it's just strange, but awesome at the same time ... because It's so freaking rare to find this type of connection. Speaking with a NT.. it can be like a foreign language sometimes, while with this girl we share similar experiences and everything. The communication is there.. So idk... Should I take this risk and meet her soon? Or give it more time ? Or what...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:28 pm

Meet her already!

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Meet her already!

I'm a late bloomer.. I just moved out for the first time less then 2 months ago.. this whole life right now is new to me.. I haven't settled in yet, but I like this newness.. I don't feel like the person I used to be, but I still am.. it's hard... cognitive dissonance. I want a girlfriend though.. and even just friends. My life is completely different now... I guess I need to take risks

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm

You don't have to be like GUY Fawkes---you don't have to explode like dynamite when you see her!

Just go out and get some soda with her or something. And talk.

Hoggy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Mar 2015, 7:46 pm

You need to get out and go and see her, you already know a little about her. Both of you will have had similar experiences in your pasts. Looks like you should be able to get along fairly easily, chat more about the things you've talked about online etc. It does seem like quite a coincidence but its a good one. You could be onto something good in your life with this, make yourself a good friend or more.

So get out and arrange to meet

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Mar 2015, 10:06 pm

Go for it! Just be sure to meet in public place -- like a coffee shop or mall food court -- and tell somebody where you're going and who you're meeting (in the unlikely event you go missing, your friends/parents/the police will have leads on where to start looking for your corpse).

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 3:31 am

Go meet her indeed.
choose a public spot with low general expectations (like Starbucks or equivalent) for both your safety and comfort, the public domain makes the encounter safer due to the other people around (both of you never met offline yet, it is still the internet; basic security), and the low-key ness (coffee) puts no expectations beyond a conversation, yet allows all extra options.

Treat is as date#0, if you will.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 11:45 am

Oh, just meet the poor girl, for crying out loud!

Do it!

DO IT!! !

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm

[update] I met the girl on Satuday... we clicked. She's a mirror of myself... I love this girl. She loves everything about me... me and my friend picked her up, dropped us both off at my apartment. We watched tv. Etc. She said I was handsome.. we hugged/ cuddled. Went to bed with each other... we're now in a relationship and dating and I'm thankful that I've met her. I found the girl I was looking for.. and I've never been happier.

Mahler7

30 Mar 2015, 11:34 pm

Congratulations!