Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

In recent years, feminism is increasingly derided. What best explains this?
Feminism is associated with certain political factions, which the opposing factions seek to undermine by demonising feminism. 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
As society becomes more sedentary and internet bound, culture bubbles tend to polarise opinion and isolate opinions from the influences of real life which would tend to make a persons perspective of feminism more nuanced and appreciative of the good that feminists do. 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
As society becomes more sedentary and internet bound, self esteem plummets, and with it the likelihood of decent relationships. This provides fertile ground for MRA's and stupid feminist ideologies to thrive and feed off each other. Both serve to turn the public against feminism in general. 8%  8%  [ 9 ]
"Feminism" is often used as a marketing veneer that aims to obscure certain horrific realities. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The weak minded demonise feminism because they want the assistance of society in re-subjugating women. 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Many feminists filter ideas through a feminist ideological filter, thereby trivialising and obscuring important information. 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
Feminists are ever expanding the definition of rape and aberrant behaviour to include things like flirtation, and this provides a convenient avenue for the character assassination of anybody, including ideological opponents (see elevator gate). 20%  20%  [ 22 ]
Feminist stereotypes of men and women cripple relationships with toxic preconceptions that seldom correspond with reality. 19%  19%  [ 21 ]
Because it takes very little effort to write a feminist polemic and find a great deal of success doing that, the bar is set incredibly low. Idiots who do this create a lot of bad press for the feminists who actually have something valuable to say. 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
Something else. 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 108

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 10:13 pm

Because many younger women and their organizations are now acting on feminist ideals.

Companies, institutions and others are regularly protested and harassed for not doing enough for women while still supporting men.

Women regularly protest and run campaigns against companies who have more men than women as employees.
The most recent case of Tim Cook of Apple being forced to explain why the majority of Apple employees are men.
The women rights people are demanding a federal investigation into Apple for discriminating against women in the hiring process.
They have also sued Apple in court for actively favoring men in hiring.
They have also forced Apple to agree to increase the number of women by certain percentage by 2020.
The campaign is mainly being waged on social media and through protests.
They are also trying to create a global Apple boycott.

Women have filed Title IX suits against colleges left and right stating that claiming that mens clubs and programs are greater in number than womens clubs and programs. These Title IX suits have asked the federal government to disband this mens programs because it is sexist and antifeminist.
This includes sports, which colleges are regularly cutting mens sports in order to prevent women from filing Title IX.
Women view mens sports as sexist and unfair to women, demanding the money and resources be used exclusively women programs.

It's not unusual for an employer to be sued by a woman claiming sexism and Title IX violations, when said woman doesn't get the job.
The number of lawsuits from women suing employers because they didn't get the job are increasing every year by a large amount.

It's quite common for women to take issue when their daughters aren't doing well in school or if the teacher helped a boy student, raising hell with the school board and administration (if not outright suing).

Hell I was even told during my K-12 years my teachers that they wouldn't help me with something because the girls came first...
Many of my teachers regularly were "corrected" for not spending enough time on the girl students.
This led to the girls getting the clear majority of the teachers time, while us boys were told to figure it out on our own.

My 10 years in college, we had to go over gender equality in the very first class of every term (3 different schools).
It was always made clear that if the professor spent time helping the guys, it wasn't at the expense of the women.
If any woman felt the professor was favoring men over women, the proper procedure and department was listed in the syllabus.
It's not unusual for professors to have sexism complaints filed against them, this day in age.

The American women have been becoming more radicalized since the 1970s, which has been noted by states and federal government.

My mother always told me that I would be hired over the most qualified women just because I have penis, because that's how America works....

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2015, 12:14 am

OniKing wrote:
In my opinion people like Anita Sarkeesian do not really believe the ideas they preach, but are building up a following by giving people something to direct their frustration at and giving them something to feel morally superior/redpilled about. This creates a psychological trap, as people become more invested in these ideas cognitive dissonance makes it harder for them to extract themselves.
Alex Jones and Bill O'Reilly are other examples of this type of person. It's a career.
I highly respect people like this and see them as intellectually superior.

If you respect them, that's your loss. But they are NOT intellectually superior and you seeing them that way shows me that the way you see things is skewed by your emotions and doesn't correspond with reality. These people are bullsh*t artists who have developed a cult following because they are persuasive people who know how to talk a good line and play to certain peoples insecurities so that by following them they are somehow questioning authority and seeming smarter than others.........All in vain.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 1:12 am

I guess the issue I have with it is, beings females have gained equal rights....I am not really sure what the need for feminism is anymore. Seems like anymore its just an excuse for sexism towards males, like having a preference of females well-being over males...I mean what is being fought for by feminism currently? I am aware there are some issues with females not being paid as much for the same work as a male doing that same work, but not so sure a philosophy with a preference for women is the best way to address it. Also it seems there is a weird double standard of screaming there is no differences whatsoever between males and females...yet still wanting preferential treatment so there is a confusion factor as well.

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Mar 2015, 3:14 am

Today's feminism has very little if anything to do with women's rights, and a whole lot to do with women's feelings.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 10:09 am

My biggest issue with feminism is mostly the radical factions as well as the lack of nuance. Any academic would tell you about stuff like intersectionality and how there are many different systems and theories that explain why people are treated in a certain way in society.

However pop feminism (or SJW's) takes these ideas and waaaaay oversimplifies them so that its impossible to have an intellectual discussion without having to deal with accusations of being blinded by your privilege. This lack of critical thinking is the perfect breeding ground for radical ideologies.

Plus, a lot of pop feminism is sex negative. Anita Sarkeesian, for example, calls sex workers "prostituted women", treating them as if they have no agency. Also, in her speech about how to be a feminist, she condemns 'neo-liberal feminists' for promoting individual rights instead of collectivism. She basically thinks that if women make choices she doesn't approve of, they are also reinforcing the patriarchy. I believe that's a form of fascism.

Plus, I can't stand this culture of demanding that art should fit a preapproved agenda, i.e, making games and movies approved by feminists. I think that is very regressive.

I'm not against feminism as a whole. I just hate this slave mentality that I see in both the left and the right.

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm

As a feminist I can't say that I identify with the men vs. women sentiment that some espouse. I don't really like the term patriarchy either and I am somewhat skeptical of unidirectional privilege. I don't think that men and women are equal since we are assigned different gender roles and it is not always easy to us to try on the role of the opposite gender, should we want to. though I don't think that one is better than the other, I think that a more ideal situation would allow individuals the freedom to be themselves without being judged for not conforming to notions of proper behavior for men or women.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 10:38 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:
Feminism has many definitions, some of which, most people in western societies would tend to agree with. What best accounts for the large backlash against feminism?

Well for one, feminism is no longer a movement for equality between the sexes but an ideology and a worldview that nowadays is fostering a sense of entitlement among western women. It teaches women to demand respect BUT does not teach them to be accountable for their actions. Unfortunately, many self-proclaimed feminists aren't satisfied with equality; they believe that women should have more privileges than men even though they don't openly admit it but actions speak louder than words. And to make matters worse, feminism is no longer a monolithic ideology with a clearly stated goal but has now fragmented into competing schools of thought. Perhaps this is because most of the battles for women's rights have already been won and the only real issue is the "pay gap" and that there has yet to be a woman president of the USofA.

Probably Hillary at the next election, which will be unfortunately horrible. And the pay gap has improved a lot over the last decade, and is mostly centered near the upper-middle echelon of corporate America and most people don't like it.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 10:47 pm

MindBlind wrote:
My biggest issue with feminism is mostly the radical factions as well as the lack of nuance. Any academic would tell you about stuff like intersectionality and how there are many different systems and theories that explain why people are treated in a certain way in society.

However pop feminism (or SJW's) takes these ideas and waaaaay oversimplifies them so that its impossible to have an intellectual discussion without having to deal with accusations of being blinded by your privilege. This lack of critical thinking is the perfect breeding ground for radical ideologies.

Plus, a lot of pop feminism is sex negative. Anita Sarkeesian, for example, calls sex workers "prostituted women", treating them as if they have no agency. Also, in her speech about how to be a feminist, she condemns 'neo-liberal feminists' for promoting individual rights instead of collectivism. She basically thinks that if women make choices she doesn't approve of, they are also reinforcing the patriarchy. I believe that's a form of fascism.

Plus, I can't stand this culture of demanding that art should fit a preapproved agenda, i.e, making games and movies approved by feminists. I think that is very regressive.

I'm not against feminism as a whole. I just hate this slave mentality that I see in both the left and the right.

The arguments tend to fall into a false dichotomy in at least 70% of the arguments I have had.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm

I saw two responses to one of Maureen Dowd's rants a while back:

One was by a life-long atheist who grew up in a woman-worshiping Western family. He said that comments like hers made him more likely to be sympathetic to Islamic cultures.

The other went like this:

Commenter wrote:
Dowd wrote:
Men are like ice cream...

Yes Maureen Facelift, you can lick both of us and love it.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 2:39 pm

Feminism is nowadays associated with misandry because the loudest "feminists" are the angry witches that hate men. That's why commonly the more moderate ones that want equality among both traditional genders called themselves egalitarians.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 6:17 pm

Every ideology has their caricatures it seems. Feminism nowadays is rife with them.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 2:32 am

Women that want to be equal to men show that they have very low standards.

The emerging answer is to treat them like men.

Contracted sex workers first sign a pre nup, so when the contract ends they do not get half their employers assets.

No children may be produced during the contract unless both parties agree. Refusal to abort releases the employer from any liability.

70% of men between 20 and 34 are single. 95% of this age group used to be married.

Men have their standards, they are low, but they do have them. This has not changed.

Refusal to do business with sex workers is a female problem. They have priced their services out of the market.

Serial Contract Default, Divorce, has Blacklisted them, and their Credit Report says, Do Not Trust!

DNA has solved many crimes, and proven that a third of children are not related to their fathers in marriage.

A just legal system would have a lot of fathers collecting child support from the sperm his wife chose.

Feminism has been busted by Science, and is now trying to change the subject.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 2:58 am

Femnazis thats why! Radical feminists who hate men promote misandry and come up with really stupid bull s**t that all men are rapists and that all heterosexual sex is rape! People like the femithiest who comesup with international castration day! A quote from Femitheist: All Men Should Be Castrated? - International "Castration Day"

"Some Feminists have considered this as an option. It is highly controversial.

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Krista, otherwise known as "The Femitheist". I am a female, a feminist, and someone who believes strongly in True Equality.

Now, I will begin explaining this entry before I post the actual article... for your discussion, of course.

Women MUST and WILL have equality, and this is the ONLY way to achieve TRUE equality. The testicles of all males, which produce the majority of their testosterone, are the primary cause of their violent behavior. The testicles also attribute greatly to many of the health problems men experience later in life (such as prostate cancer and, of course, testicular cancer).

~:The Solution... International Castration Day.:~

It is my belief (which I consider factual based on my research) that all men SHOULD be castrated. Not only for their own safety, but for the safety of all innocent women and children.

And, to achieve this...

The entire world should have an international holiday known as: "Castration Day"

Males of all ages will be brought to the public squares of their cities nude, to stand together in a circle, as they await castration by a woman known as "The Castrator", who will be a woman chosen from the public much like a juror.

Girls of all ages will attend, lining the streets to cheer and applaud the males as they join the rest of civilized society.

It will be a free vacation for any working woman. And, young girls will be able to leave school to attend this glorious ceremony.

The males will then have one hour to get to know their Castrator. Their female "spouse" will also be able to choose whether or not they would like to milk the male in order to retain a sperm sample.

If the male is too young for a "spouse", their mother or closest female relative will decide.

After this, the men will be given anesthetics. They will be placed on a table, where their Castrator will then slice open their ball-sack, remove their testicles, and the excess skin, stitch them up and clean them up.

They will be given thirty minutes to rest after the procedure.

Once the males have all been castrated, they will be grouped together again for one last look before walking nude back to their homes.

The women will then return to their jobs, schools, et cetera, and rejoice in the completion of yet another successful ceremony.

Any man who tries to evade this holiday, "Castration Day", should be murdered wherever they
are found (treated as a criminal, as it will be a crime not to attend). Or, forced to attend.
Regardless of age.

Any woman who disagrees should be provided therapy in order to free her from misogynistic indoctrination.

This holiday should replace the day known currently as "Father's Day".

If this practice were adopted officially all across the world, all war, crime, and violence would end.

We would have a true Eutopia, where peace reigns, and men do only what they exist for...

Breed.

Labor.

SERVE.

Die.

Likewise, the change of their hormones would make them less aggressive, and thus less likely to rape. It would also provide them with better health throughout their life, as the testicles are a major cause of health issues in males as they age.

All will profit from this...

And, I believe this will come to be someday soon.

Thanks for your consideration!"
Then there are nutjobs like this https://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12 ... s-rape-ok/ and Many many feminists agree with this just look at the many posts in response to it!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 2:59 am

Femnazis thats why! Radical feminists who hate men promote misandry and come up with really stupid bull s**t that all men are rapists and that all heterosexual sex is rape! People like the femithiest who comesup with international castration day! A quote from Femitheist: All Men Should Be Castrated? - International "Castration Day"

"Some Feminists have considered this as an option. It is highly controversial.

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Krista, otherwise known as "The Femitheist". I am a female, a feminist, and someone who believes strongly in True Equality.

Now, I will begin explaining this entry before I post the actual article... for your discussion, of course.

Women MUST and WILL have equality, and this is the ONLY way to achieve TRUE equality. The testicles of all males, which produce the majority of their testosterone, are the primary cause of their violent behavior. The testicles also attribute greatly to many of the health problems men experience later in life (such as prostate cancer and, of course, testicular cancer).

~:The Solution... International Castration Day.:~

It is my belief (which I consider factual based on my research) that all men SHOULD be castrated. Not only for their own safety, but for the safety of all innocent women and children.

And, to achieve this...

The entire world should have an international holiday known as: "Castration Day"

Males of all ages will be brought to the public squares of their cities nude, to stand together in a circle, as they await castration by a woman known as "The Castrator", who will be a woman chosen from the public much like a juror.

Girls of all ages will attend, lining the streets to cheer and applaud the males as they join the rest of civilized society.

It will be a free vacation for any working woman. And, young girls will be able to leave school to attend this glorious ceremony.

The males will then have one hour to get to know their Castrator. Their female "spouse" will also be able to choose whether or not they would like to milk the male in order to retain a sperm sample.

If the male is too young for a "spouse", their mother or closest female relative will decide.

After this, the men will be given anesthetics. They will be placed on a table, where their Castrator will then slice open their ball-sack, remove their testicles, and the excess skin, stitch them up and clean them up.

They will be given thirty minutes to rest after the procedure.

Once the males have all been castrated, they will be grouped together again for one last look before walking nude back to their homes.

The women will then return to their jobs, schools, et cetera, and rejoice in the completion of yet another successful ceremony.

Any man who tries to evade this holiday, "Castration Day", should be murdered wherever they
are found (treated as a criminal, as it will be a crime not to attend). Or, forced to attend.
Regardless of age.

Any woman who disagrees should be provided therapy in order to free her from misogynistic indoctrination.

This holiday should replace the day known currently as "Father's Day".

If this practice were adopted officially all across the world, all war, crime, and violence would end.

We would have a true Eutopia, where peace reigns, and men do only what they exist for...

Breed.

Labor.

SERVE.

Die.

Likewise, the change of their hormones would make them less aggressive, and thus less likely to rape. It would also provide them with better health throughout their life, as the testicles are a major cause of health issues in males as they age.

All will profit from this...

And, I believe this will come to be someday soon.

Thanks for your consideration!"
Then there are nutjobs like this https://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12 ... s-rape-ok/ and Many many feminists agree with this just look at the many posts in response to it!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 3:02 am

Remember: men do only what they exist for...

Breed.

Labor.

SERVE.

Die.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 3:34 am

I guess for me feminists seem to worry about things that seem so petty but don't worry about how women are treated in the middle east with Female geniltal mutilation or when a woman gets raped and treated like its her fault not some man who can't control himself, when feminists start campaigning about those issues then I might take them seriously.