Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2004, 5:19 pm

6'6" and 250 lbs, but from looking at me you'd think I'd weigh less. When I first got out of high school and was working I rode my bike to work everyday, i lost about 30 lbs of weight and had to get a belt to keep my pants up. After that my parents forced me to get my liscense becasue they were tired of driving me to work during the winter, and I ended up putting those 30 lbs back on.

NanoTy
Raven
Raven

16 Jul 2004, 8:04 pm

I don't think being skinny is an Aspie trait at all, but I am rather skinny too. I am 5'7" and weigh 130 lbs. I once lost 7 lbs. in two months without intending to because my thyroid was overproducing hormones.

mcpreader
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jul 2004, 9:40 am

You can never be too rich or too skinny! :wink:

But really, I agree that as long as you exercise and have a healthy diet, you are fine. People always told me that I was too skinny. Now that I am 55, I am too heavy, and I am struggling to be thinner. Being overweight is UNCOMFORTABLE to say the least, especially when you have lived your life as a thin person. Be happy with your thin/small size and make the most of it. Thin people do lots of things better! I am the parent of an Aspie and a teacher. Based on my life experience, I would guess that most Aspies are naturally thinner. (PS Some medications cause people to gain or lose weight.) JUST EXERCISE!

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jul 2004, 10:24 am

Im about 5"3 (ish) and id say i was slim but not skinny. as long as you are healthy it doesnt matter what weight you are.
having real trouble at the moment with food. not only am i vegetarian ( which some people still seem to think is some kind of contagious disease!!) but it looks like im also yeast intolerant- yay :roll:
do you think if i ate a lot i would grow?

Sonas càirdeas

magic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2004, 11:09 am

I am constantly on a diet and always trying to lose fat, but when I say that to people, they appear to be somewhat shocked. "Where is that fat, Magic?". I guess then that I am thin - 6'0'' / 182 cm, 147 lb / 66 kg, BMI 20. In my thirties I weight less than when I was 19, and - quite amazingly - I am also taller (I must have been still growing in first half of my twenties). I usually gain some weight in summer (when I exercise and eat more), and lose in winter (when I get out of shape and eat less). This is contrary to common knowledge that exercising makes one slim. This year, however, I was not able to lose any weight until I learned about Asperger's Syndrome. Then I lost 11 lb / 5 kg in one month! Talk about "lose weight fast" scheme! :D

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2004, 3:45 pm

yeah i have this bad idea in the back of my head that someday i will loose my skinnyness, but i turn out like homer simpson..i know hes only a cartoon, but he started out skinny and said stuff like "ill never get fat"
so yeah, it might just come back to haunt me

focused
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jul 2004, 2:16 am

I am six-foot-four and very thin. I often get to hear, "Boy, you sure are a tall glass of water." I have wondered for years what that expression means. I guess it means lean or something. Another one that I heard was also thought consuming, it went "Excuse me son. Do you have to stand up twice to see your own shadow?" I don't enjoy people pointing out my frailty.

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2004, 4:09 am

focused wrote:
"Excuse me son. Do you have to stand up twice to see your own shadow?"

what a strange sentence!

ilster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2004, 4:57 pm

I used to get the one about running around a shower to try and get wet.
After years of people working on trying to fatten me up, it's starting to work. Aaargghhh - none of my clothes fit me, and my mother thinks I'm a giant.... The culprits insist that this is all good - I'm confused - I can't afford more clothing! (I've only gone up one size, but it feels like a huge layer of another me is taking over)

Unico
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jul 2004, 3:47 am

I'm small-framed and thin, but not really"skinny." I'm 5'1" and my weight fluctuates between 85 and 92 lbs. I'm just small overall. My mom is thin and small-framed, so I probably get it from her, but I'm much smaller than the rest of my family (especially height). Although I don't think being thin is an AS trait, many people with AS have major food issues (intolerances/allergies/just generally picky eaters) and that can affect weight.

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

24 Jul 2004, 3:53 am

That's interesting, Bridgett. As you may of read in this thread, I am very thin and tall. I guess you could call me a picky eather... I don't like the textures of some food.

As I mentioned in the "Medication" thread, I break out in hives if I take ibuprofen [Advil] and probably naproxen [Aleve] (the two, ibuprofen and naproxen are related).

Last edited by Tom_FL_MA on 28 Jul 2004, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevtufc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2004, 8:56 am

I'm not sure if this is true, but I know I am a skinny git myself (6ft / 9st).

However I remember reading somewhere once that skinny people often fidget a lot... I suppose if you translate fidgeting into stimming there could be a connection with AS

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 1:34 am

I seem to have the body type of footy players and sports jocks in general, I seem to have a fairly broad build, more muscle and less body fat than the average for guys of my weight and height. Even when I was weighing 80kgs, I am 173cm tall I had no more than 25% body fat, now I lost 8 kgs and worked out in the gym for 2 months I now have around 17% body fat.

Considering I inherited my body build from my NT dad who was a soccer and footy player in his youth, this is not suprising.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 1:35 am

alex wrote:
I'm 5'7 and 125 pounds. Is that skinny?

You are one skinny guy, I'm 5'8 and weigh 160 lbs, plus I have a higher than expected percentage of muscle for my height and weight :D

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2006, 6:05 am

I'm just under 5' 4" tall and weigh 111 lbs (touch under 8 stone) about 50 KGs

always been skinny/slim athelticly built.

I was a very active child. I dtopped going to the gym about 6 months ago but have maintained my weight / build.

I use a lot of nervous energy and sleep just 4 hours so burn off cals even if sitting or laying.

A lot of Aspies/auties use lots of nervous energy (not all)
but then a lot (not all) do little or no exercise and sit around using computers lots of the waking hours, (like my slightly overweight aspie type boyfriend). He would be more overweight if he didn't fidget.

Debra (not Bearsac who weighs about 1 lb)

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 7:40 am

I'm a fairly small, skinny guy myself, at 5 ft 9, and 130 pounds. I've always been quite skinny with a waist size of 28, and a chest size of about 40. I've gained about 150 pounds in the past 5 years, much of it can be attributed to exersizing. I can still fit into the acid-washed jeans I've had since high-school. Many of the shirts I had in high school though won't fit anymore becaue I've gotten larger in the shoulders