Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Taineyah
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2004, 8:30 pm

Okay, this may sound nuts, but the only other Auties/Aspies I've ever known in person were, if not downright skinny, slender. I'm skinny and I heard someone else mention that they were also thin in response to a comment I made about my low BMI.

I'm just wondering, is this common is Auties/Aspies? Or is it just a random cooincidence that this happens to be the path my life has taken?

I mean, I'm 5'5 and weigh 100 lbs.... If I'm retaining water! I eat large amounts of food, but never seem to gain any weight. How about you guys?

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2004, 8:37 pm

Skinny? I'm the opposite, and proud of it! (After all, I don't want to be skinny, let alone slender!) Last measured, I was 4'11" and weighed 135 lbs. I'm 11. I'd say the best way to gain weight is to work out a lot. No, I haven't set out to prove that, but I heard about it somewhere.

:!: Mich :?:

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Jul 2004, 9:29 pm

I'm 5'7 and 125 pounds. Is that skinny?

TheMadNucleus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jul 2004, 9:48 pm

Hi Alex, It's U. Tom,

I would say that 5'7" at 125lbs is a good size, a bit on the thin side but not too much.

If Thinness is a side affect (Taineyah suggestion/observation) - that's likely a good thing - most thin people are considerablly healthier then heavier people.

Taineyah says 5'5" and 100lbs seems thin but certainly pretty good. When I was younger, I was thinner than that - Yikes! now I'm 5'8" 155 lbs.

Here's a good chart for height and Weight based on Age (one for Boys and one for girls).

http://pediatrics.about.com/library/gro ... oystwo.htm
http://pediatrics.about.com/library/gro ... rlstwo.htm

Chat lata'

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

15 Jul 2004, 10:10 pm

I will be 27 Saturday, 5'11" and have remained just below and just above 100 pounds for the last several years, (which I mentioned in the thread Beth (Taineyah) is referring to). I am healthy, but my slow digestive and fast metabolism get me filled up quicker than the average person. My metabolism will probably slow down in a few years, and I sure hope so. My sister (who turned 33 7 1/2 weeks ago) gained a nice amount of weight when she turned 30, so perhaps I will too.

Last edited by Tom_FL_MA on 17 Jul 2004, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dizzy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2004, 10:26 pm

Skinny?...Far from it! :lol:

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2004, 10:32 pm

I'm 5'9" and about 150 pounds. I'm pretty thin even though I eat tons of junkfood. I have an extremely high metabolism.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2004, 11:22 pm

I've always been thin/skinny. Whenever I do those things that tell you what weight you ought to be, I get told that I'm underweight for a small female of my height. Now considering that I'm a guy, what does that tell you?

I have a very fast metabolism, I do almost no excercise, but no matter what I do/eat my weight doesn't seem to change. I think I'm about 5'11, and weigh about 60kgs.
But I don't have a very big appetite either (partly because of my depression?), and I do drink a reasonable amount of water.

I would like to be a bit more muscular, but I can settle for being a Spider-Man instead of an Incredible Hulk. :wink:

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2004, 12:43 am

I've got a wierd weight history - I was a fat child, then when I was 13-15 I was anorexic and weighed about 86 lbs., then I got fat again and weighed about 210 lbs. when I was in college, but now I weigh 120 and have a BMI of 18.5 - due to my obcession with weight lifting and pilates . . . also, I think, the fact that nothing has any taste anymore sort of discourages eating for pleasure . . .

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

16 Jul 2004, 1:00 am

We will need this for converting kilograms to pounds and vice-versa for our
international friends, as well as our international friends to our (the U.S. system). :)

1 kilogram = 2.205 pounds
1 pound = .4535 kilograms

gavrod
Raven
Raven

16 Jul 2004, 1:31 am

I'm about 6'0 and weigh about 97.5 kg, I am a solid type of guy. I do eat a reasonable amount of junk food although I walk every day for about 45 minutes at a brisk pace and I find this helps me keep the excess weight off.

Angr_the_Cebcurg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2004, 1:31 am

My BMI is ~24.3

Edited because I said I had a BMI of 130..... What am I, a 1000-pound Pygmy?

Elfie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jul 2004, 5:46 am

Plays with the conversion table...

I'm about 120 pounds and 5'7". 3 years ago I was only about 105lb but have since gained enough weight to be slim instead of stick thin.

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2004, 10:12 am

ive always been skinny. ive tried to put on wieght so much but it just doesnt happen. its probably something to do with me being 6'3.. but still, i eat tons of junkfood and red meat and stuff but it doesnt work.
i think im more lanky than skinny..i do wiegh 12stone but you couldnt tell if you saw me.

TheMadNucleus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2004, 10:33 am

Hey - you guys should all be thankful. Actually, despite what anyone tells you about whether or not they think you are skinny, if you are eating healthy and eating enough, then it is likely you are fine. When I was 18 I was about 5'7" and weighed about 110 lbs (50 Kilos), but now at late 40's I am 155 lbs (same height).

As you age your metab. continues to slow and all of sudden you start gaining and look back to those 'thin days' with envy. Flip side - all my friends are overwheight and I'm very comfrotable.

I must say though - that if you want to gain weight - this is a bit of a paradox - going to the Gym and working out vigorously helps greatly.

Anyway - just my 2 cents as when I was young everyone told me that I was way tooooooo skinny. I really did tire of that.

Tom

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2004, 5:19 pm

6'6" and 250 lbs, but from looking at me you'd think I'd weigh less. When I first got out of high school and was working I rode my bike to work everyday, i lost about 30 lbs of weight and had to get a belt to keep my pants up. After that my parents forced me to get my liscense becasue they were tired of driving me to work during the winter, and I ended up putting those 30 lbs back on.