Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 6:47 pm

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/ho ... ill/nkfFg/

ATLANTA —

The chairman of a key House committee said a proposal to require insurance coverage of autism therapy will not receive a floor vote this session.

Channel 2’s Lori Geary broke the news Monday.

Rep. Richard Smith, a Columbus Republican who chairs the House Insurance Committee, told House members Wednesday that the bill is "bad policy."

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 10:40 pm

JoelFan wrote:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/house-committee-chair-says-no-vote-autism-bill/nkfFg/

ATLANTA —

The chairman of a key House committee said a proposal to require insurance coverage of autism therapy will not receive a floor vote this session.

Channel 2’s Lori Geary broke the news Monday.

Rep. Richard Smith, a Columbus Republican who chairs the House Insurance Committee, told House members Wednesday that the bill is "bad policy."

By "bad policy" he means it "costs money" which he thinks should go to "foreign intervention(war)."

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 10:17 pm

It appears now there has been a compromise of sorts

http://www.wsbtv.com/…/georgia-house-and-senate-anno…/nkf9F/

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 10:18 pm

It appears now there has been a compromise of sorts

www.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/georgia/georgia-hou ... m-b/nkf9F/

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Mar 2015, 10:25 am

Once again, autistic adults are told they don't exist.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2015, 10:01 pm

By "insurance", they mean the state paying for private insurance that covers AS therapies, is that right?
If so; Ok, why private insurance?
Why not just go on the state run system. Is it not, or can it not be, under the affordable care act?

The only thing I really got from the article, was that the CDC has successfully poisoned the well, and now more people, including senators think I'm the disease, and that people that have to "deal with me" are victims.