Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

FlyingSpaceKittie
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2015, 12:04 am

No, its.crazy I moved from Russia with my mom at 8 years old for a supposed better life with no choice since I was a child and now as an adult I am pretty much f****d with no resources or a chance at a better life and possibly facing deportation to a country I haven't lived in a third of my life feeling terrified not knowing what I'd do in Russia now.

FlyingSpaceKittie
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2015, 12:08 am

Ugh this was meant to be a reply. Also I'm 28 NOT 45!! !

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 12:09 am

From which country are you potentially being deported?

FlyingSpaceKittie
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2015, 12:20 am

From US,to Russia which I barely know anything about now

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 12:42 am

One of my best friends on the entire planet is a Russian/American girl you really remind me of. As I understand it, the US would most likely prefer not to send people back to Russia with much of any detailed knowledge of life in the West. Unfortunately the US citizenship naturalization process is basically just as crammed full of propaganda of a capitalist slant, but you'll probably want to read up on this stuff: LINK

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 3:18 am

Why would they want to deport you?
Also, you wrote "possibly" you might get deported. Is there a possibility that you might be able to stay?

FlyingSpaceKittie
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2015, 9:20 am

My visa is expired and I have a criminal record, luckily no felonies.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 12:23 pm

FlyingSpaceKittie wrote:
No, its.crazy I moved from Russia with my mom at 8 years old for a supposed better life with no choice since I was a child and now as an adult I am pretty much f****d with no resources or a chance at a better life and possibly facing deportation to a country I haven't lived in a third of my life feeling terrified not knowing what I'd do in Russia now.

You could try to go through the stupid hoops for US citizenship, or you could try to go through the hoops for a country like America that isn't so difficult to become a citizen of, like Canada or Australia, or you could prepare to go to Russia. I would imagine that if you know how to speak some Russian it's a fair bit easier to learn than learning it merely as a second language, and being able to communicate is half the battle. I'm sorry for your plight though, and I hope it turns out okay for you.

FlyingSpaceKittie
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2015, 12:28 pm

I don't know I may have to request asylum because of my Asperger's, and also they do not like atheists. I'm also too Americanized now, a cop overhears me speak English he will.stop me. My social skills aren't the greatest either I may unintentionally anger the wrong Russian.