Do you believe in a shared/ collective conciousness?

Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:49 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
There's scientific proof of synchronicity and that involves a collective conscious of some kind, to coordinate the movements so it's possible, due to synchronicity, there's a collective conscious.

What do you mean by "synchronicity"?

Synchronicity is when fish or birds synchronize their bodies as if they all share the same mind at the same time. It's really cool, only they seem more in tune with a collective while most humans are cut off from it since we lack basic instincts other species share.

It's the same sort of thing as synchronized swimming involving humans or even other animals humans have trained.

Birds and fish do not communicate verbally or in written form like human synchronized swimmers who say to one another, this is what we are going to do, or have names for the series of movements and then list and share the order in which they will be performed.

When captive animals are synchronized, it's usually because of interference by humans who have trained them to perform a series of movements at the same time.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 2:34 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
There's scientific proof of synchronicity and that involves a collective conscious of some kind, to coordinate the movements so it's possible, due to synchronicity, there's a collective conscious.

Synchronicity is when fish or birds synchronize their bodies as if they all share the same mind at the same time. It's really cool, only they seem more in tune with a collective while most humans are cut off from it since we lack basic instincts other species share.

It's the same sort of thing as synchronized swimming involving humans or even other animals humans have trained.

Birds and fish do not communicate verbally or in written form like human synchronized swimmers who say to one another, this is what we are going to do, or have names for the series of movements and then list and share the order in which they will be performed.

When captive animals are synchronized, it's usually because of interference by humans who have trained them to perform a series of movements at the same time.

It's a beautiful thing too.. for humans to be connected like this too.. and it's too bad it is a lost art.. of a human mind and body more mechanized as robot that truly more fully alive in potential together as a connecting force of nature and animal rather than just another cog in a cultural machine of illusory ways of zoo and everlasting.. now.. Prison life...

Truly the human zoo.. as culture is the most captivating ZOO..

as far as these human eyes can see.. in synchronicity as such..:)

And I can spot a person locked in the Zoo of Prison in life.. in the flesh or word of now..:)

And that is ART OF EMOTIONAL DISCERNMENT.. AND NEVER A SCIENCE OF ROBOT.. IN PRISON ALONE..:)

TO BE ALIVE IN FULLER HUMAN POTENTIAL IS TO BE CONNECTED IN A TAPESTRY OF SYNCHRONICITY FLOW..

or the others 'place' of truly death in a cultural illusory camp of life.

REAL Heaven or Hell is a choice, not a LITERAL place.

Unfortunately, most people do not know the choice
with human relative free WILL exercised as such IN JUST LETTING GO..
in synchronous flow of animal and nature TOGETHERCONNECTINGASONELIFEFORCENOW!..:)!

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 3:02 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I love watching starlings. It's like magic in motion. We have a small flock locally of a couple hundred birds but nothing like the
60 000 in this video.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 4:13 pm

guzzle wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I love watching starlings. It's like magic in motion. We have a small flock locally of a couple hundred birds but nothing like the
60 000 in this video.

So magical how 60,000 birds become one. That is one of the most miraculous examples on earth imo. People want to call starlings weeds and talk about them like they are nothing but this shows how truly extraordinary they are. People should not take such incredible creatures for granted. It is one of those rare events, to see something like this. It is more rare than any diamonds or gold in my opinion only strangely enough, humans cannot discern true worth.

Also, it's interesting how there's always at least one starling that seems kind of lost and has to recover and get back in synch with the rest.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 4:50 pm

It's called "Murmuration", and there is nothing magical about it.

Brandon Keim wrote:
Starling flocks, it turns out, are best described with equations of "critical transitions" -- systems that are poised to tip, to be almost instantly and completely transformed, like metals becoming magnetized or liquid turning to gas. Each starling in a flock is connected to every other. When a flock turns in unison, it’s a phase transition.

At the individual level, the rules guiding this are relatively simple. When a neighbor moves, so do you. Depending on the flock’s size and speed and its members' flight physiologies, the large-scale pattern changes.
Source: "The Startling Science of Starling Murmuration"

Next is the conclusion of a real scientific research paper, published in 2010 in "Behavioral Ecology"; an Oxford peer-review journal:
H. Hildenbrandta, C. Carereb, and C.K. Hemelrijka wrote:
In sum, we demonstrate in our model StarDisplay that local interactions and self-organization suffice to reproduce patterns of aerial display of starlings qualitatively and in many cases also quantitatively. In future, we will study the causes of these patterns in the model. Our model-based hypotheses may be useful in indicating suitable topics for empirical research of collective flocking maneuvers not only of starlings but also of other birds. This may be particularly useful because the empirical study of huge swarms is labor intensive
Source: "Self-organized aerial displays of thousands of starlings: a model"

QED: There are perfectly ordinary and mundane explanations for murmuration that do not require positing anything 'supernatural'. "Shared Consciousness" is a myth.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm

Might as well be magic to humans since we cannot even begin to do it and there must be some kind of mental thing going on or they wouldn't be able to synch. Even flying requires their minds. And for their minds to all work together like that at the same time, theoretically, it does imply a "shared" event?

We might be able to do something similar with ground motion in thousands of people but not without communication of some kind first...

Where we stand now, technological-wise, we cannot synch in flight like that, with that many people that close together although sky divers can synch on a limited basis.

We cannot synch that many planes that close together at once, in that intricate way.

We cannot do any kind of grand scale synching as a species without intense communication and planning first.

So what they do really is magical to us since we are far from accomplishing it.

We might be able to do something similar one day with drones but it would take a lot of preparation first, lots more than it appears to take the starlings.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 5:17 pm

Since time flows backwards as well as forwards, often clairvoyance happens as a result of thinking a lot about something in the future. We're all hooked to mass culture and this can give us the impression of a hive mind, but we're just reflecting on our own future experiences that we happen to sometimes share with other people.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 28 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 5:21 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
Since time flows backwards as well as forwards...
Evidence, please?

Nebogipfel wrote:
... often clairvoyance happens as a result of thinking a lot about something in the future.
Evidence, please?

Something other than re-stating your beliefs, or citing how many other people believe as you do.

For instance, I published links to two articles from reputable journals, and even quoted from them verbatim. Will you do that?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 5:28 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Might as well be magic to humans since we cannot...
Any sufficiently advanced technology is magic to those who don't understand it.

Humans have found ways to synchronize activities down to the nanosecond. Have you ever heard of the Global Positioning System? It is also a time-base, used to synchronize and coordinate activities around the world, and even robots traveling to other planets!

One person's lack of understanding does not even imply that a natural event is 'magic'.

:roll:

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm

Dunne's book provides a pretty good account of how we actually experience precognition. Whether or not it's a real phenomenon, myself and a lot of people experience it this way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Experiment_with_Time

Fnord wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:
Evidence, please?

http://news.discovery.com/space/could-h ... 110316.htm

Quote:
So, assuming M-theory describes the real nature of our Universe, how could we detect a Higgs singlet? If this particle only travels in a fifth dimension, time in our Universe isn’t of consequence to that particle, so it could be created by the LHC in the fifth dimension, and when it decays, its “decay particles” (i.e. everyday particles that the Higgs singlet will create after it dies) will be detected at an arbitrary time.

This arbitrary time could be in the past, before the particle was even generated, or even in the future. Therefore, if physicists see particles spontaneously pop into existence before an LHC collision even occurs, that could be indicative of the Higgs singlet decay particles appearing in our universe. Simple!

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 28 Mar 2015, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 6:02 pm

Quote:
While the first half of the book is an explanation of the theory, the latter part comprises examples of notes and later interpretations of them as possible predictions. Statistical analysis was at that time in its infancy, and no calculation of the significance of the events reported was able to be made.
In other words, the alleged 'predictions' made by Dunne have never been shown to have come true.

He describes a process that is essentially a form of sensory deprivation, which itself will eventually induce hallucinations. Thus, his 'predictions' are likely derived from nothing more than what one would see after taking an anesthetic or hallucinogen.

It's also worthy to note that Dunne's book (first published in 1927) has been used mostly as a basis for other woo-woo theories, as well as works of fantasy and fiction.

Using a piece of wooishness to support another piece of wooishness is not what I asked for.

I'm asking for evidence, please?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 6:32 pm

Quote:
So, assuming M-theory describes the real nature of our Universe, how could we detect a Higgs singlet? If this particle only travels in a fifth dimension, time in our Universe isn’t of consequence to that particle, so it could be created by the LHC in the fifth dimension, and when it decays, its “decay particles” (i.e. everyday particles that the Higgs singlet will create after it dies) will be detected at an arbitrary time.

This arbitrary time could be in the past, before the particle was even generated, or even in the future. Therefore, if physicists see particles spontaneously pop into existence before an LHC collision even occurs, that could be indicative of the Higgs singlet decay particles appearing in our universe. Simple!
The Higgs boson appeared after the LHC collision occurred, thus disproving the fantasy that time moves backwards.

Haven't you been following the news? I have.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 8:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:
Evidence, please?

Nebogipfel wrote:
... often clairvoyance happens as a result of thinking a lot about something in the future.
Evidence, please?

Something other than re-stating your beliefs, or citing how many other people believe as you do.

For instance, I published links to two articles from reputable journals, and even quoted from them verbatim. Will you do that?

He doesn't have to. I'm not bothered really. See problem with the likes of you hat needs evidence for everything... well... to me it's just a form of OCD really.

DancingDanny
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm

A belief in collective consciousness is really important...but not important enough to be bothered? Also, as someone who is aware of Francis E. Dec, I'm a fan of all of this long free form poetry from aghogday and I want more of it.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 12:55 am

What I'm saying probably sounds very ignorant to people who actually understand quantum mechanics, but I keep hearing that the usual rules of causality seem to break down at the subatomic level. This makes the idea of precognition being at play within certain mental processes not seem totally outlandish to me.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 1:29 am

DancingDanny wrote:
A belief in collective consciousness is really important...but not important enough to be bothered? Also, as someone who is aware of Francis E. Dec, I'm a fan of all of this long free form poetry from aghogday and I want more of it.

That's very kind of you Dancing Danny.. i love to dance too, by the way, in steps and words...

What most people do not understand is precognition is of the emotional mind.. and studies on precognition with emotionally charged sexual pictures have provided at least some evidence of a real effect AND AFFECT of precognition effect.

Any scientific study with steps and routine will take one out of the social-cognition.. feeling 'right-brain' associated with our abilities AS human beings to connect with each other in deeper expressed nuanced emotions otherwise know as spirit...

I love the movie 'Avatar', as it expresses this human reality that mechanized minds often have lost or have never experienced at all... IN THE FOREST.. ALL NATURAL.. VISUALLY AS FEELING SPIRIT.. FIGURATIVELY ILLUSTRATED AS MOVING ENERGY AROUND HUMAN BEINGS.

There is a sixth sense of proprioception that one can develop through martial arts and ballet.. that science has even identified as such..

And yes, human emotional contagion in affective empathy is experienced in a spectrum from the so-called psychopathic leaning mind with little pro-social emotional contagion affective empathy to the EMPATH WHO IS A NATURAL HERO OF SORTS WHO FEELS THE EMOTIONS OF OTHERS SO STRONG THEY ARE NOT SEPARATE FROM SELF.

THE character SPOCK on the original Star TREK, is an excellent metaphor for this real human archetype of empath or angel in flesh and blood form. Spock is extremely rational and calm, yet he can become the other person whenever the need to be a hero becomes the requirement for the betterment of the tribe, whether THE TRIBE IS RELATIVELY small or where no other man has gone before..:)

So yes, there is A 7th human sense of unconditional human love in connecting to others like SPOCK that truly is 'SUPERNATURAL' IN REAL EFFECT AND AFFECT, FOR FOLKS WHO CANNOT FATHOM THE EXISTENCE OR THE EXPERIENCE OF IT.

AND truly I can measure that in words, of dead hole souls....IN LACK, OF EMOTIONAL WORDED 'AFFECT'.

It's the difference for me in being dead and being able to do this, PER YOUTUBE VIDEO BELOW, with the power of FULLER EMPLOYED ALL NATURAL EMOTIONS OF HUMAN RELATIVE FREE WILL, HOPE, FAITH AND BELIEF POWERED THROUGH PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE;

INCLUDING ADVANCED Intelligence of proprioception, DRIVING EMOTIONAL REGULATION, SENSORY INTEGRATION, AND enhancing COGNITIVE EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONING, including FOCUS AND SHORT TERM WORKING MEMORY.

And speaking of enhanced cognitive executive functioning, focus, and short term working memory, here is a link to my latest 7542 word Epic 'Piece' of free verse poetry, completed in one day, and evidenced here in parts of 'time' and effort on this site, with the dark and light inspirations, I find here.

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2015/03/28/gods-higher-power-in-one-body-blood-and-words/

BUT put together in a flow of Synchronicity, in a VARIETY of intelligence(S) that Mr. Fnord, 'up there', can only see as 'Supernatural', as truly he has no way to 'see' it, CURRENTLY, at all....

And that's evidence that the 'Supernatural' does exist for Mr. Fnord, IRONICALLY ENOUGH, but not for me as I experience it in an All Natural way of simply AND COMPLEXLY expanding more of my natural human intelligence(S), in FEELINGS AND SENSES, RATHER THAN ONLY THINKING WAYS, IN MUCH FULLER MIND AND BODY BALANCE.

IT'S ANOTHER Figurative and literal 'mixed' HEMISPHERE OF MIND AND BODY BALANCE THAT IS NATURAL FOR THOSE FOLKS WHO SEEK IT, FIND IT, employ it, utilize it, and practice it continually but it might as well be 'Supernatural' for folks who never reach these levels of human potential.

AND truly, Mr. Fnord, has already suggested that my free verse poetry is disjointed gibberish, so he ALREADY PROVES MY POINT, AMUSINGLY AND YES! INSPIRING TOO, I MIGHT ADD, as TrueST Artists are only inspired and never detracted from their own unique expressions of ART..:)

I have close to 1.1 million views, of my Art, on my Google PLUS page HOUSING THE MAJORITY OF what I do, ONLINE.

I do not need approval from anyone HERE, as the world is a very big place, with differing minds of interpreting it AND EXPRESSING ALL POTENTIAL HUMAN UNIQUE, AND DIVERSE MINDS AND BODIES IN OR OUT OF BALANCE..;)

BUT NEVER THE LESS, I AM a FULLER human, and I always appreciate others in what they do that is positive and inspiring light to help others, and I do appreciate it when folks can see what I do too, as light, instead of frigging disjointed gibberish, Ha-ha!...

Anyway, the dark makes the light too, so I AM 'FOND' OF Mr. Fnord's Cynism of LIGHT here, AS LIFE IS FRIGGING 'MAGICK' FOR FOLKS WHEN THEY SEEK THAT 'MAGICK', FIND IT, AND MAKE REAL HUMAN DREAMS/MIRACLES COME TRUE.

AND NAH, IT'S NOT JUST IN THE WORDS, IT'S IN DANCE STEPS OF BALLET AND MARTIAL ARTS GRACE, IN A STYLE OF DANCE WALK, NOW ACCOMPLISHED IN A DISTANCE FURTHER THAN THE U.S. EAST AND WEST BOARDERS, IN 3317 miles, as of tonight, in 19 months, MEASURED By NIKE GPS 'TOM TOM' SPORTS WATCH, everywhere I go in public,

AS WELL AS A 'GORILLA SOUL' TOO THAT CAN roar like a gorilla,

AND MOST DEFINITELY LEG PRESSES 930LBS, 14 TIMES SLOWLY, WITH ARMS RAISED HIGH IN THE AIR, like a 'Ninja' 54 year-old dude 'COME BACK TO LIFE'.

MR. FNORD, does NOT HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS, AS IT IS POWERED BY THE REAL EMOTION OF FAITH IN MYSELF AND MOTHER NATURE TRUE MANIFEST IN HUMAN NATURE, AS A HIGHER POWER OF GOD, YES, AKA GOD, AS 100% TRUST TOO.

IF, MR. FNORD, EXPERIENCES THAT STRENGTH OF HUMAN EMOTION of relative human free will, faith, hope, and belief, EMOTING REAL LIFE PHYSICAL MIRACLES LIKE THE ONE I WILL LINK AGAIN HERE NOW, IN CASE you haven't seen it, and in consideration that I am a shut-in deathly ill person, for close to 66 months, ending in full recovery in July 2013, at age 53, and now doing real life miracles at age 54...

YES, Perhaps, if this happens in Mr. Fnord's life, he too WILL know that HUMAN experienced 'Magick' is real, and so are real life human miracles, no matter if they are labeled as 'supernatural' or 'natural' or A 'BLUE TURTLE', OR A 'MAGICK pink UNICORN', AS THE ESSENCE OF REAL IS WHAT COUNTS; NOT THE LABELS, ALONE, FOR THE ESSENCE INSIDE of the housing of wordy metaphors.

YES, That LABEL part, ALONE, does NOT matter as dreams do come true; illnesses are literally miraculously healed; and with human emotions of relative free will, faith, hope and belief, almost anything is humanly possible..:)

AND I PROVE IT IRREFUTABLY, AS SUCH, AND MR. FNORD, DOCTORS, AND THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD HAVE NO EXPLANATION FOR WHY AND WHAT I CAN LITERALLY DO, IN VIDEO EVIDENCE, too.

I AM NO STEROID HEAD; I AM 'A LEAN MEAN, MIRACLE MACHINE'...;)

SMILES..:) THE REAL FUN GOES ON FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME,

WHO NEITHER FEAR THE DARK, OR ARE CYNICAL OF THE LIGHT.

AND FOR OTHERS, IT'S JUST A DARK LIFE, SADLY ENOUGH, OVERALL, IT SEEMS.....

in real life, at times, the applause is almost deafening in the dance halls I frequent.

I come here in full enjoyment of both criticism and dark cynicism, as truly THE DARKEST DARK

MAKES THE LIGHTEST LIGHT IN LOVE, LAUGHTER AND MORE FULLY LOVING AND LIVING LIFE!

Anyway, haha! I'll salute my own self with 'Applause' now.

After all is frigging said and done,

THE IRREFUTABLE PROOF

MOREOVER, THAN ANYTHING ELSE IS

BABY, I AM FREE, AND 'BORN THIS WAY'

AND HELL NO! NEVER FEARING TO EXPRESS!

TO PARAPHRASE AND QUOTE LADY GAGA AGAin!

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Last edited by aghogday on 29 Mar 2015, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.