Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2015, 9:00 am

There's this guy that I've liked for a long time, four years to be exact... I finally had one of my friends give him my note to him when he was away from his friends... He asked who the note was from, and my friend told him... He became real nervous and said that he doesn't know how to handle affection.... He ignorek me for a month or two and I sort of gave up on him, but latelye he's started looking at me and coming into my class period to get work done, he sometimes glances or stares at me when he thinks im not looking can someone tell me what the check is going on here

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Mar 2015, 1:31 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
There's this guy that I've liked for a long time, four years to be exact... I finally had one of my friends give him my note to him when he was away from his friends... He asked who the note was from, and my friend told him... He became real nervous and said that he doesn't know how to handle affection.... He ignorek me for a month or two and I sort of gave up on him, but latelye he's started looking at me and coming into my class period to get work done, he sometimes glances or stares at me when he thinks im not looking can someone tell me what the check is going on here

I think nothing's going on. He said he wasn't ibterested a while back ("doesn't know how to accept affection") and nothing's changed since then.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 1:52 pm

Maybe he finds you attractive but is too afraid to reciprocate.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 2:00 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
Maybe he finds you attractive but is too afraid to reciprocate.

Sounds about right. That sounds like something I would have done in, while I was in school. :D

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 6:42 pm

He knows you like him. He is receptive somewhat but does not know how to proceed. Perhaps try to engage him in small talk. If he starts backing away again, then back off.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 8:02 pm

Yah he's definitely into you but he is just shy. Maybe he's scared of talking to you because he thinks he will just scare you away or you won't like him back. Maybe he doesn't have the greatest social skills either so he feels you will lose interest in him.

When a shy guys like you, they tend to close off and get really nervous when you're around and they have a hard time looking at your eyes. They may also have a hard time knowing what to say. This is often mistaken for disinterest when really he likes you. Also when you like someone, you want to be around them and get to know them more which explains why he's now showing up where you're at. Also does he dress extra nice when he knows he's going to see you? Probably means he likes you.

If you like a shy guy, the best way to talk to him is you have to be the one to initiate the conversations. Most people arne't so shy once you get to know them and most people arne't going to be rude if you do talk to them. Be persistent as well because sometimes he may appear uninterested but it's just that he doesn't know what to say. Also being shy and being introverted are often mixed up. Someone can be shy around an attractive girl but not necessarily be shy around people they feel comfortable with. Take me for example. I guarantee if you go talk to this guy, it will make his day even if he doesn't admit to it.

For when you gave him his note and he reacted the way he did, maybe he knows you like him back and he has anxiety. It doesn't mean he doesn't like you, he's just scared. Like I used to freeze up and not know what to do or say when I knew a girl liked me and I was too scared to take the initiative. Like my junior year of high school for instance, I knew this one girl liked me because her friends had told me and I pretty much froze up and got really scared and so I never went and talked to her. That probably would have been my first girlfriend had I of just worked up the courage to go talk to her. I don't think I would freeze up again like I used to. Maybe he's in the same situation. If this is the case with him, then don't immediately ask him out as this may make him even more nervous and uncomfortable. I'd say just try to talk to him and get to know him and he will gradually feel more comfortable around you then you can ask him out.