Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2015, 12:28 pm

So...it seems like these days, I have been encountering too many miserable people taking all their own bull out on me. You know the types. The people who are constantly looking to belittle you, act like a victim, show bits of narcissism?

For a year or two, I have dealt with these people trying to mess with my head, look looking for the ultimate way to shut them down without violence. It's in my nature to want to find a form of revenge for those who seek to drag me towards their own personal hell. Then, it hit me one day that revenge isn't even necessary.

People who do this either tend to screw their own life up or blame it all on people around them. Because of this, they will never ever feel better or happy about anything till they let go of the need to control everyone but themselves. Stay humble, positive, and keep them out of the way, if they don't want to be better people.

Revenge is already being served through karma.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2015, 6:27 pm

Revenge is bull people create to make a reason for killing. Ideals, justice, revenge, pride, love is just make believe to hide our true nature as narcissistic animals who love to kill.

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2015, 6:37 pm

Orangez wrote:
Revenge is bull people create to make a reason for killing. Ideals, justice, revenge, pride, love is just make believe to hide our true nature as narcissistic animals who love to kill.

In other words...Satan wins?

SpaceAgeBushRanger
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2015, 8:58 pm

The main appeal of revenge is making sure that those who have wronged you are punished, when no one else is willing to.

The main consideration is ensuring that the whole thing doesn't come back to hurt you, and that the vengeance is proportional to whatever inspired it. You don't want it to spiral into a vendetta either.

I don't go in for revenge myself. No one has seriously hurt me for years. I'm not willing to rule that revenge categorically immoral for those whose best interests are not being protected. I'm mainly thinking of bullied school children.