Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Mar 2015, 8:07 pm

Hey everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself before I start hitting the other forums.

My names James and I'm a 26 yr old male from the states. I'm Recently unemployed from a (almost) 2 yr sentance at an industrial plant. So now I'm living at home with my parents again and trying to get my head straight and my feet back on the ground.

I'm not diagnosed with HFA but am certain I have it. I fit a ton of the criteria. I also spent the majority of my life hiding from the fact and did everything in my power to persuade others I was "normal" (probably with very little success).

I have sense of shame around being stuck with the label of being "autistic". I say that just to help you understand my feelings around it all not to offend anyone. I don't think being an aspie is anything to be ashamed of and I admire everyone here that embraces it, I was just too afraid of social rejection growing up to admit I was a different breed.

I also have some pretty debilating anxiety and depression issues and have been diagnosed with every diagnosis under the sun other the aspergers. I'm looking to find peoe that are at heart more like me so I can get some support in accepting and coping with being on ASD.

I've been using drugs and to a lesser degree alcohol to cope with the extreme uneasiness I experience in social settings or just generally being out in public. This is probably the only reason I've been able to maintain a social life since high school.

I've just recently made the decision to quit running from my problems and face the reality of who I am. I've brought all drug use to an abrupt stop and now the aspie traits are really surfacing along with some really crippling anxiety, which have more or less turned me into an agoraphobic. So anyone that can relate to this please feel free to PM me if you'd like someone to lean on for support (I know I could use it).

I'm sorry to rant about my problems. I'm just completely over burdened by them to think about anything else at the moment. I'm a good, fun, guy with a big heart and I'm just trying to find myself. So here I am!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 8:29 pm

Hey James welcome. :sunny:

Good luck staying sober. I know how hard it is to get and stay there.

I don't need support myself but if you'd like to chat feel free to PM me. I'm an old aspie who likes playing video games and listening to music from most genres. :geek:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 3:37 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!