Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ana8710
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2015, 11:32 pm

Hi, I'm Ana. I was born in a small town in Brazil. I first heard of Asperger's Syndrome about four years ago, and I have suspected ever since to be in the spectrum. It was only when I moved to the city that I found someone who worked with this kind of diagnosis, and it was specially hard to find one who worked with adults. I finally got the diagnosis last week, after six months of therapy, interviews and tests, at age 27. Even though there isn't much awareness about it around here, and most people don't take it very serious, it was a big relief to get the Aspie result. Feels nice to actually "fit" somewhere.
Sadly, I don't feel very comfortable with the idea of telling people I know about this. For this past years I told about the possibility for just some close friends, and most of them reacted like "Oh, you're overthinking this!" and "But you don't look like you have something."... I believe many of you have passed through the same thing. Right now, only two people know about it... The only ones who gave me support since the begging to go after the diagnosis.
I hope to find more support here and exchange information and experiences with everybody! :)

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 1:45 am

Welcome! :)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 4:02 pm

Hey Ana welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

ana8710
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2015, 8:49 pm

Thank you, everybody! :wink:

I just noticed that I wrote "since the begging"... I meant "since the beginning" . :?
I would correct it, but I'm not seeing any 'edit' button... Sorry!