Post When You're Up Late At Night

Page 5 of 15 [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 6:52 pm

It's a few minutes before 1 am here, and I'm staying up all night to watch the results of the British General Election coming in. I've got a bottle of white wine and a bottle of Rosé to help things along, and I could be in an even worse state than the UK by seven in the morning.

DataLore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2015, 9:19 pm

Still awake and watching here too. Sadly I didn't have the foresight to buy alcohol to numb the pain of watching this country fall though. :(

Urge to go to tesco 24 hour and stock up is rising though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 9:21 pm

DataLore wrote:
Still awake and watching here too. Sadly I didn't have the foresight to buy alcohol to numb the pain of watching this country fall though. :( Urge to go to tesco 24 hour and stock up is rising though.

is it as bad as us yanks watching bush win here in amuurica?

DataLore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2015, 10:18 pm

Pretty much yep, although the labour party are ahead so far which is promising.

Cameron is probably not quite as evil as bush, but there is a great youtube vid which sums him up very well...

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 10:26 pm

I'm not at all sure that the Labour Party is ahead at all. Cameron is certain to be the next PM, as indicated by all the results I've seen so far. But the fact that the SNP will take just about all the seats in Scotland is hugely alarming for anyone who believes in the United Kingdom as a viable entity, IMO. I can't see Miliband as the leader of the Labour Party for much longer: he could be gone in a matter of weeks in all likelihood.

DataLore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2015, 10:30 pm

*Curls up into a small ball and cries*

They're all a bunch of muppets but Cameron is the worst of a bad bunch and I'll be wondering what planet voters were on if he gets in again... whhhyyyyy? ;A;

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 10:35 pm

when times are tough people will tend to vote for whom they perceive to be willing and able to put the screws to their petty enemies.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 11:03 am

Just past midnight Sunday. I'm about to have coffee, wine, turkey breast, quinoa salad, smoked salmon, cheese and Lindt salt caramel chocolate.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 10:08 am

Now it's past 11pm here. I woke up about an hour ago. I'm having ginger tea. Then I'll probably have something to eat. After that I'll probably have coffee, eat some more and go back to bed.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 11:25 am

Past midnight Tuesday. Just had coffee and salad. About to have ginger tea, Lindt strawberry Lindors, a pepper beef pie, wine, cheese and some fruits.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 3:49 am

2:49 AM. I'm bored out of my f*****g skull right now, but at least my landlord isn't home so I don't have to worry about waking him up.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 3:53 am

jk1, you seem to be having some gourmet meals late at night.

I didn't want to go to bed, so I spent an hour destroying the tendons in my wrist with a computer game. My eyes are getting blurry, my music playlist has just finished the last song. Can't put it off any longer.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 5:01 am

I'm all-nightering at my friend's place downtown here because stingy municipal bus service changed up the schedule on me. Gotta wait an extra two hours to sleep in my own bed and possibly miss a whole day's worth of meetings. Really good meetings and some of the only serious exercise I could've had in months. I really need to find laid-back technological work that pays me enough to do more than merely survive. :(

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 11:52 am

It's 12:51am Thursday here. My weekend has already started. So I'm going to enjoy my night.

starkid wrote:
jk1, you seem to be having some gourmet meals late at night.

Well, I eat anything that tastes good at any time of the day or night. I pretty much exist for that purpose. Tonight I will have hot salami, smoked salmon, Castello blue and wine. And maybe some Lindt salt caramel Lindors. Also, raspberries, a passion fruit and a grapefruit if I don't fall asleep too early.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 5:28 pm

^^^
I wish I could get away with eating that rich and not gain a ton of weight.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 5:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
I wish I could get away with eating that rich and not gain a ton of weight.

You most likely can. Just don't eat too much of it.